• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:45:30 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

To server owners

Started by loinen, November 08, 2018, 08:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loinen

November 08, 2018, 08:57:37 PM Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 09:01:29 PM by loinen
I'm watching all the same picture during 4-5 betas (at least): servers track list looks like Paleta, Red Bud, Anaheim 2016, MXBC Compound, some stock track then repeating similar cycle again.
And one single track is kept turned on for weeks.
This may kill even the most crazy fan of online racing. I'm trying to come online every free minute, no care if servers are empty but guys.. this is way to nowhere.
The game already has much more content than any mainstream motocross game. I didn't count but it looks like I have 40+ tracks in my track folder. Many very old tracks work in beta9. What's the problem?

What I see good for online.
Maybe servers owners should cooperate - less servers but more kind of different classes:
1. Full stock nationals server - for absolute new comers who dont know that they cant see servers with custom content and do not know how to see them.
2. SX server on stock bikes but with all known AX and SX tracks.
3. Nationals server on stock bikes with all available MX tracks. Here would be good to see supermoto from time to time, maybe one-two times once a month - coz it's fun, sad that not many understand this type of racing, maybe need more tracks with jumps, i don't know what's the problem of such ignore.
4. Same as (2) but on OEM.
5. Same as (3) but on OEM.

And rotation interval should be much shorter, maybe 3-5 days per track would be enough, then nothing will become stale to the point of queasiness.

Probable question - why so much attention to stock bikes than OEM. because OEM mod is heavy as hell and works only on very good PCs (1st reason) and not every new comer may know about OEM.
I think it makes sence to create track database as in GP Bikes and make the topic sticky - easy to find and download. I can do this, if everyone agree to continue in suggested mode.
I've tried to cover all possible cases splitting community or killing online. Maybe someone will see better decision. But in any way, we need to change this.

Thanks for reading!

iNsane

I agree in many things you pointed out.

It's No Problem for me to change the tracks of my servers.
When someone asks me to change to a different Track I'm doing it right away, but honestly I'm not thinking about changing maps or anything If No one ist complaining, or even playing.

I started work on a tool for better maintenance of the servers and to make editing easier. Implementing Track Variations and so on. But Stopped after a while because I hadn't had time to continue.

I am positive on the Track Database, this would make some Things easier. I even uploaded every track Into my Onedrive but never had the Motivation to make Something out of it.

This maybe is a great start.

🌐 MX Bikes custom content
MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

loinen

Quote from: iNsane on November 08, 2018, 09:38:32 PM
I agree in many things you pointed out.

It's No Problem for me to change the tracks of my servers.
When someone asks me to change to a different Track I'm doing it right away, but honestly I'm not thinking about changing maps or anything If No one ist complaining, or even playing.

I started work on a tool for better maintenance of the servers and to make editing easier. Implementing Track Variations and so on. But Stopped after a while because I hadn't had time to continue.

I am positive on the Track Database, this would make some Things easier. I even uploaded every track Into my Onedrive but never had the Motivation to make Something out of it.

This maybe is a great start.

Your servers are [WW] tagged as I understand. Thanks for reply. Teeds owns the other ones as far as I know. Let's see what he answers.

Besides managing track database, I think I can monitor track rotation and let you guys know when it's time to change.
I guess there is nobody to complain about track change except your friends because nobody know who to contact. People get bored then forgot the game till next beta.

teeds

Yea fair comments Loinen, I don't change the tracks on my servers much currently as i'm not on them so much myself. TBH I'm a bit underwhelmed with the online racing right now as I crave close battling and don't seem to get much of that when playing MXB. So I play GPB much more these days where I get great battles with others lots of the time.

I do however take requests like - http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=2468.msg33394#msg33394  and I also ran SM for a while now and then but it didn't prove very popular.

Some new users do seem to struggle getting custom bikes and tracks working so I try to keep at least 1 server running stock tracks and bikes so anyone with the base game can get an online race (although this server has gone recently and will not return so I will change 1 of the other 3 to do this shortly). I also run a server with stock bikes with custom tracks and another with custom tracks and bikes. I also try and not run any tracks that are running on any other server to keep the variety up.

Also tried using the multi track setup but this only seems to run through the list of tracks and then just sits on the last track in the list forever. Not sure if this is a bug or not but I think it's meant to loop through all tracks? If this did loop it would be the best way to get the variety of tracks you're talking about without admins having to manually change things. No such thing for bikes though.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

loinen

November 13, 2018, 11:08:18 AM #4 Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 03:04:06 PM by loinen
so, we have kind of problem with autochange. it means things should be done manually.

now as a summation.
Servers 'restructurized' as described in first post - to cover all possible kinds of users (new riders' full stock; stock bikes - all tracks; OEM, and so on)
I inform you when it's time for a new track.
I monitor/manage track updates and track database.
Your servers - your control. I don't need access to the servers.
I think we can prepare this right before new beta.

so, do you confirm everything and ready to cooperate?

iNsane

Well, If you're monitoring and you inform us/update your post with which Track should be on which server, I'm totally fine with that :)

🌐 MX Bikes custom content
MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

loinen

looks like teeds does not care. okay, i do not care too.