• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:18:05 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

OEM pack - Master Thread - MegaBraap! (v0.15.1)

Started by Asdrael, November 05, 2017, 09:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkabee

Probably a silly question, but I downloaded the beta 10 demo yesterday and after making sure it worked on my laptop, purchased a license last night. It looks like the license opened up more tracks for me, but I dont see any new bikes. Did it work correctly?

Edit... I am now downloading the zip file from Mega. I am assuming this is the necessary step to get more bikes, but I thought the OP said something about them being included in Beta 10. Fingers crossed.
Currently learning how to mod so that I can add value.

Asdrael

You need to purchase the game to allow the use of mods, that you need to additionally download and install. Such as this pack. Sorry if the formulation was misleading.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

jkabee

Thanks for the follow up Asdrael.  :)  After downloading and installing the OEM pack in this thread, it appears I have all of the bikes now. BTW, since I'm still new to this, I tried the Alta 250 and within 3 laps, improved my lap times at Club MX. This bike is awesome!
Currently learning how to mod so that I can add value.

Asdrael

OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

FryedroPonics

is there any reason that oem bikes arent just allowed on all servers? kinda sucks only have 1-2 tracks to play

iNsane

Quote from: FryedroPonics on December 09, 2018, 02:42:07 AM
is there any reason that oem bikes arent just allowed on all servers? kinda sucks only have 1-2 tracks to play

OEM Bikes take up more space and will sync forever for some people, I made some Open servers though.

🌐 MX Bikes custom content
MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

FryedroPonics

oh i seee. and i saw that, thanks dude i appreciate you fellas

Asdrael

OEM update incoming this Thursday 21st (unless thermonuclear war). Will have, as usual, an upgrade patch and a complete pack. Last chance to report anything that needs fixing that I overlooked. Also general feedback). Cheers!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

7aroca gil

Asdrael

20.12.2018 OEM v0.10.2 - Hail to the king, baby

WAIT WRONG KING

Now that's better.

Ok, now, we're talking. It seems the Beta 10 upgrade itself was very well received (because it's awesome), and the OEM that went with it as well (because I'm awesome, huehue). You know what else is awesome? The 90's, fluo colors and bleached hair. And rc4187, because he allowed me to convert his 1996 CR125 and CR250 into OEM bikes. yeah that's awesome. (But that's all I did this time, because finding data on Honda's, and from the 90's is hell).

So enjoy two new legendary bikes. Approved by the king. They are awfully fun to ride, plush, brutal... It's like going back to your parents, sitting down on the age-old sofa, feeling comfortably numb... and getting attacked by the 15 years old Yorkshire. That just got rabies. Hoh and they look awesome too (look at the skiiiinnnsss).

How to:
New users: dowload and unzip into your installation folder. That's it.

Download this pack from MEGA.NZ or MEDIAFIRE . 2.5+Gb so take your time. Unzip and put in your MXB game install directory, it contains a /bikes folder with all the OEM bikes released so far, updated for Beta10. Careful: those bikes are now unpacked (not in .pkz) because otherwise I always mess the updates up. The bikes can then be found in game in their own category: MX1 OEM and MX2 OEM for four strokes, MX1-2t OEM and MX2-2t OEM for 2 strokes. (server hosts: don't forget to enable those categories or put the server to Open if you want to allow those bikes).

Previous users: if you already had v0.9.1 or after, here is a "patch download" with instructions

Download this smaller zip file -350 MB- and install it in your game directory, accept the overwrite of all files: MEGA.NZ or MEDIAFIRE

Currently supported bike list:
  • Yamaha YZ 125, YZ 250, YZF 250 and YZF 450 2016.
  • Honda CRF 250R and CRF 450R 2018, CR125 abd CR250 1996
  • Suzuki RM 125 and RM 250 2003 ; RMZ 250 and RMZ 450 2018
  • Kawasaki KXF 250 and KXF 450 2017
  • Husqvarna FC 250, FC 350 and FC 450 2016
  • Alta MX and MXR 2018
Changelog: v0.10.2
  • Added CR125 and CR250 1996
Enjoy and: Feedback very welcome, as usual. From now on, OEM pack will be updated on Thursday only, unless outstanding issues causing computers to spontaneously combust.
Bear with me if I messed something up, very tired those days ;)

Credits and original threads:
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

GDUBMX

<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

CSchmied986

Please... PLEASE add the KTM model!!! It's been almost 4 years, Jay doesn't care anymore! Can't have a propper MX game without a KTM! I even have the model and all files needed (I bought it).  By the way, thanks for the hard work! 8) This game is slowly picking up traction!

Asdrael

Same answer I always gave:

I'm not touching Blender / 3D models. I'll make OEM's out of whatever good looking bikes (yes I'll be subjective and decline shitty looking ones) already imported in game with the creator's approval. I think that's fair enough. Simply put, I don't have the time to track models / import them / fix whatever blender issues there are for MXB, and I certainly don't have time to waste on shitstorms. Plus, I really want the people making models to not feel ripped off so they keep doing models, otherwise we won't see new ones being released (what we, or I, think of them...)

So feel free to get confirmation from him that he doesn't care anymore and get me properly imported working models, and I'll make sure the OEM version rides as it should.

(Just so you know - between tracking information, putting it in the game physics, troubleshooting etc takes me around 10h per bike. For each model. Not counting the time it takes to update everything for each beta, or simply try to improve on what we have... And that's only 10h because "I know my way around" now. I don't have extra time anymore to do tracks, import models or anything else on top of that. And yes "only" 10h, it's much faster than making a 3D model from scracth I know).
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

7aroca gil

I have updated all the OEM bikes and I have downloaded everything again and they do not appear in the game.
HELP!! PLEASSE

AZDesertRat