• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:58:44 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

World Creator Tutorials - Can't find the thread any longer??

Started by Uvhausen, March 27, 2019, 11:03:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uvhausen

A few months back there were some very nice video tutorials for creating a track using World Creator.  However, I can't find that post anymore.  I manually searched and also used the forum search function.

Was it removed for some reason or maybe got lost during transition to the new forum??

Thanks

Twitch135

Yeah the guy removed them. I think I saved 3 or 4 of the videos. I'll have to double check.
<br />Donations are greatly appreciated http://paypal.me/TWITCH135

Uvhausen

That's too bad he opted to remove them.  If you could upload the vids somewhere temporarily I would really appreciate it.

Twitch135

Mancy

geo

Thanks for sharing my now private videos :-\

PiB, please delete previous link.

Hint: If you want them, how about ask?

Ruubs

Quote from: geo on April 02, 2019, 05:28:51 AMThanks for sharing my now private videos :-\

PiB, please delete previous link.

Hint: If you want them, how about ask?
He did ask about them right in this topic but didn't get a reply from you. Twitch wanted to be nice and help him out. Yes Twitch should've asked you if he was allowed to share them which he didn't.

Bummer you made them private. There's plenty of guys who want to learn to create tracks but have no idea where to begin.

PizzaChet

Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

geo

There was absolutely no feedback from anyone, very low views, and now that it's gone it is all the sudden a big deal?

I won't be finishing the series, so didn't want to leave it out there unfinished and hence why I removed.

PizzaChet

Well, that sounds like a matter of impatience. It just seems weird that you'd have the good nature to put them up in an effort to help, but take away the only good lessons. Never expect thanks or positive feedback, but always expect entitlement issues and negative feedback. That way you'll always be pleasantly surprised! Hell, I have 10 year old videos with only 31 views and I didn't pull them.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

[GH]Cody

Quote from: geo on April 02, 2019, 07:18:06 PMThere was absolutely no feedback from anyone, very low views, and now that it's gone it is all the sudden a big deal?

I won't be finishing the series, so didn't want to leave it out there unfinished and hence why I removed.
while it is your choice whether or not to keep videos up that help people, your head is not really in the right place. you dont make tutorials for a small community for praise and views, you do it to help the people looking to learn. heck i have 12.2 hours worth of tutorials up on my channel, very few have over 300 views and several dont even have 100. i didnt stop making them because i didnt get a thank you or high view counts, and i sure as heck didnt remove them over the same reason(which is quite ignorant to do imo). all removing them would do is prevent someone from having a good source of information and possibly make them give up altogether on whatever it is their trying to do. heres a thought, get over any pettiness you have and make the videos public so others can learn from them and contribute to the community and possibly help it grow. if you had videos with such low views, why would you even care about having an unfinished series up?

just to show im not kidding about the amount of work for the small view count
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYcDJPGvIUFxBTmXOZWFswQ/videos?view_as=subscriber

Twitch135

Honestly I didn't think it would be such a big deal. My apologies Geo.

geo

Normally I would say it is not a big deal too, however World Creator costs quite a bit of $$$ and don't want someone to invest in it just to follow a tutorial series I am never going to complete (why I removed).

-aGy-

quite dick move when removed videos. oh man what a dick