• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:41:13 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

What can we do to increase player base?

Started by GDUBMX, April 22, 2019, 03:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

Quote from: Sandbiter on May 05, 2019, 04:16:40 PMLittle more on why the player base is so small after hosting a race yesterday.

Finally racing you've no idea what is going on because your pitboard doesn't show up.

Were you using a mod track?

Ruubs

Quote from: PiBoSo on May 06, 2019, 04:49:24 PM
Quote from: Sandbiter on May 05, 2019, 04:16:40 PMLittle more on why the player base is so small after hosting a race yesterday.

Finally racing you've no idea what is going on because your pitboard doesn't show up.

Were you using a mod track?
No. We were trying to race on Washington.

uollie

As someone who doesn't play this game often and only checks back every few months to keep up with progress, I agree with what RC said too. It's really important to me to be able to get into a game quickly and easily. I've never even tried online before, only single player, and I find even that could be a little quicker to get to the track from your desktop.

I just wanted to echo the desire for a better way to select tracks/gear/bikes while in-game. I also personally don't feel like content should be a concern, either. I'm perfectly happy playing on the exact same tracks for years. I've been playing on strictly AMA SX/MX tracks in MXS for like a decade now, often going back to the 2010-2013 years lol. I suppose if MXB ever hits Steam store, all the mods and user content can always be easily be accessible via Steam Workshop anyway? I don't know anything about that front though.

Besides all the quality of life stuff, I've been pleased with the progress of the game over the years. I try it out ever so often with each update and I can usually tell a big improvement was made in the physics and feel of the bike control. Ultimately if that keeps improving, I guess it doesn't matter how long it takes to get into a race, because I'm going to gravitate towards the game that feels the most realistic to me.