• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:18:24 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MX Bikes beta11

Started by PiBoSo, July 05, 2019, 12:07:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

PiBoSo

July 05, 2019, 12:08:31 AM #1 Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 02:43:01 PM by PiBoSo
Release Notes
- a clean installation is strongly recommended ( especially for this release, because the controls settings file format has been changed )
- since MX Bikes is a 64 bit only application the default installation folder has been changed to "Program Files"

- the collisions parameters have been tuned
- the terrain rendering has been optimized for better performances

- now only the cast votes count for a poll result
- the "Free Roam" camera FOV adjustment is now non-linear
- "Max Power" in the "Bike Info" page has been changed from kW to HP ( please note that modders still have to use kW in the INI file, though )

Modding
- the suspensions geometry of all bikes should be adjusted to take into account the preload fix
-- the forks should be raised and "shock_minlength" ( the rear suspension Min Length ) decreased, by an amount equal to the default preload
- it is also recommended to add a bumpstop to the rear suspension. Example data can be found in the CFG file of the stock bikes
- the chain animation has been changed: http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=2781.0
- it is now possible to add custom track layout objects
- the limit of 100 track layout objects has been removed
- a "plastic" material has been added for the walls
- the "plastic" material can now also be used for the track layout objects
- the "shadow" and "ambientshadow" models no longer need to be set in the "cockpit" section of the gfx.cfg file of the bikes, tyres and boots
- the maximum number of engine sound samples per layer has been increased from 10 to 20
- temporary models should be set for bikes and tyres. To simplify the task, shared temporary models have been added. Please check the stock
"gfx.cfg" files for examples

iNsane

🌐 MX Bikes custom content
MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

Docfumi

WOW!!!!!! I did three laps after the install and I'm lost for words  ;D
Thanks to PiBoSo and crew for taking MXBikes to the next level and a top class job.
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

Twitch135

Awesome! Downloading now thanks Pibs and Snappe 8)
<br />Donations are greatly appreciated http://paypal.me/TWITCH135

SwarleyRuiz

I use the google translator

Youtube: SwarleyRuiz Video of Games Racing.

Asdrael

QuoteModding
- the suspensions geometry of all bikes should be adjusted to take into account the preload fix
 -- the forks should be raised and "shock_minlength" ( the rear suspension Min Length ) decreased, by an amount equal to the default preload
- it is also recommended to add a bumpstop to the rear suspension. Example data can be found in the CFG file of the stock bikes
- it is now possible to add custom track layout objects
- the limit of 100 track layout objects has been removed
- a "plastic" material has been added for the walls
- the "plastic" material can now also be used for the track layout objects
- the "shadow" and "ambientshadow" models no longer need to be set in the "cockpit" section of the gfx.cfg file of the bikes, tyres and boots
- the maximum number of engine sound samples per layer has been increased from 10 to 20

2 long winded questions:

- "moving the forks" means the lower forks I suppose? Or moving up the entire front end? Also... but which amount? If it's to due with the preload, then it's only the lower forks by less than 1cm...
- for the rear shock, decreasing the min length. I don't get why, a shock min length has nothing to do with preload, unless you actually compress the shock so much it starts stacking. Anyhow, then the BikeEd values start being wrong - wrong wheelbase etc - or should the BikeEd values be correct with the shorter Shock min lenght?
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Hi Pib, Snappe.

Thanks for all the work. I played a bit of MP last night and it seems way better, although will need to ride more to really know.

I know it's not on top of the to do list, but as a creator it's important to me that I at least ask the question. What's going on with the alpha images on tracks? The trees you guys did in the early betas worked flawlessly. The trees I started doing 4 - 5 betas ago worked flawlessly.

The last beta or the one before I had mega problems getting them to work. Then I started noticing your own tracks had suffered. Something has gotten worse and now half the trees are see through and the edges are bleeding again.

Is this going to be properly looked at sometime? I don't care if it's 3 betas away, as long as I know it's on the list of things to be fixed.

CSchmied986

The bouncing is still there in the front end, but the rider feels like he moves more natural with the bike. Good update!

PiBoSo

Updated the registration of bikes and tracks for the stats: http://stats.mx-bikes.com/records.php?trackid=16&bikeid=1

PizzaChet

Were you aware that the other dirtbike sim across the pond had a big update this weekend too? Coincidence, or "cold war" one-upmanship?
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

Ruubs

Quote from: PizzaChet on July 08, 2019, 03:54:42 PMWere you aware that the other dirtbike sim across the pond had a big update this weekend too? Coincidence, or "cold war" one-upmanship?
Big update?

Mx Sim's updates are a bundle of all snapshots since last update. If you've downloaded all snapshots the update doesn't have anything new in it.

PizzaChet

July 08, 2019, 10:35:45 PM #14 Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 07:29:34 AM by PizzaChet
Quote from: Sandbiter on July 08, 2019, 04:25:39 PMIf you've downloaded all snapshots the update doesn't have anything new in it.
Hmmm. Is that right? Well, the things you discover on the internets.  ::) P.S. Incredible improvement PiBoSo! Bravo! I just ride and ride now, until it runs out of gas. Thanks!
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.