• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:17:03 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

gamepad settings and and oculus touch support

Started by mart1n1, November 08, 2019, 01:43:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mart1n1

hey guys!

i'm new here and i wanted to ask some questions about the game:

1) in VR, when i press the key to recenter the view, it sort of puts my head above the handlebar, which makes it pretty hard to judge where the front wheel is pointing at any time... so i lean forward before recentering to trick the game and place my head a bit to the back... is there a way to configure the head position?

2) do we know if the game will support oculus touch at some point? does anyone know if there's a way to map axes and buttons to the touch controllers a the time through a 3rd party app?

3) i've seen many threads about direct lean, linearity and smooth settings (some date way back to 2015)... do we have a current recommended settings page anywhere? what do the people that are pros in this game use?

thank you for any help you can provide!

mart1n1

also...

4) should i aim to play with direct lean at zero? i mean, what is the concept of direct lean in real life? is it related to self alignment? if so, i thought this would be implemented by the physics engine.

mart1n1

another one...

5) i would like to have my camera pointing a bit towards the ground, so i can better monitor what the bike is doing in VR... how could i achieve that?

FryedroPonics

Quote from: mart1n1 on November 08, 2019, 01:43:47 PM3) i've seen many threads about direct lean, linearity and smooth settings (some date way back to 2015)... do we have a current recommended settings page anywhere? what do the people that are pros in this game use?

4) should i aim to play with direct lean at zero? i mean, what is the concept of direct lean in real life? is it related to self alignment? if so, i thought this would be implemented by the physics engine.

Direct lean at 100 will make you lean back up when you let go of the stick but if you have it at 0, you have to lean yourself back up. My best suggestion would be to put it to 100 ride around to see how it feels, then put it to 0 and ride around to see how it feels. Then play around with it to find a happy medium. (I play at 12 but I know there are people that play with direct lean all the way up to 70. I would not recommend going over 80 or below 10)

Quote from: mart1n1 on November 08, 2019, 01:43:47 PM5) i would like to have my camera pointing a bit towards the ground, so i can better monitor what the bike is doing in VR... how could i achieve that?

To adjust camera to point downwards, go to settings then simulation and then adjust your pitch. 100 your looking all the way down, 0 your looking up.

sorry I cant answer your other questions

mart1n1

Quote from: FryedroPonics on November 09, 2019, 03:56:50 PM
Quote from: mart1n1 on November 08, 2019, 01:43:47 PM3) i've seen many threads about direct lean, linearity and smooth settings (some date way back to 2015)... do we have a current recommended settings page anywhere? what do the people that are pros in this game use?

Direct lean at 100 will make you lean back up when you let go of the stick but if you have it at 0, you have to lean yourself back up. My best suggestion would be to put it to 100 ride around to see how it feels, then put it to 0 and ride around to see how it feels. Then play around with it to find a happy medium. (I play at 12 but I know there are people that play with direct lean all the way up to 70. I would not recommend going over 80 or below 10)

Quote from: mart1n1 on November 08, 2019, 01:43:47 PM5) i would like to have my camera pointing a bit towards the ground, so i can better monitor what the bike is doing in VR... how could i achieve that?

To adjust camera to point downwards, go to settings then simulation and then adjust your pitch. 100 your looking all the way down, 0 your looking up.

sorry I cant answer your other questions

those settings for the camera do nothing in VR, unfortunately.

thank you for replying!

HeWhoHordesManyPillows

those settings for the camera do nothing in VR, unfortunately.

thank you for replying!
[/quote]

Let me grab my oculus back from my sister tonight and try to help you out.

Playing in VR is GREAT due to depth of ruts, and steepness of jumps and corner distance judgment relative to your rider position on track.

Most don't play in VR because the camera is really aggressive.
I had a friend who VR's try it at my place for 20 minutes and he was pretty color drained after.

Personally, I can play in VR for about 40 minutes before my brain hurts in this game specifically.
I'm positive it's due to the camera in this game.
- Life could be simple

HeWhoHordesManyPillows

Quote from: HeWhoHordesManyPillows on November 13, 2019, 05:30:11 PMthose settings for the camera do nothing in VR, unfortunately.

thank you for replying!

Let me grab my oculus back from my sister tonight and try to help you out.

On support for touch controllers, as of last I played in VR i could not map the controllers.
I think one of the two devs said they did not want to implement touch controller support due to the axis, holding your hands infront of you, and all the possible combinations of controllers and inputs at this time.
I could be wrong but im fairly certain, my memory is CRS stage 2 though. (Can't Remember Shit - stage 2)

Playing in VR is GREAT due to depth of ruts, and steepness of jumps and corner distance judgment relative to your rider position on track.

Most don't play in VR because the camera is really aggressive.
I had a friend who VR's try it at my place for 20 minutes and he was pretty color drained after.

Personally, I can play in VR for about 40 minutes before my brain hurts in this game specifically.
I'm positive it's due to the camera in this game.
[/quote]
- Life could be simple

Twillz

I Love the VR in this game! Its amazing to me! Can anyone recomend any settings to help me out though? Im new to the game and its by far the best Ive played, but I cant decide how I like the vr tracking or if id prefer leaning with the controller instead. Can someone put some lean settings that may help smooth out controler lean such as specs on linearity and such?