• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:26:05 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Dedicated server

Started by PiBoSo, October 02, 2014, 02:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

Quote from: MxWayGamer on November 05, 2019, 11:05:15 PM
Quote from: PiBoSo on November 05, 2019, 10:53:11 PM
Quote from: MxWayGamer on November 04, 2019, 09:39:37 AMEdit : To add track in my server, Do I need to have it on my server folder ?

The dedicated server should load tracks from the mods folder in "Documents", too.

Ok, so for now. I need to have big hdd in my dedicated server to host my server :S

Do you plan to create lighter script to host server like for Mx Simulator ?

Could you please explain what you mean with "lighter script"?

iNsane

Quote from: MxWayGamer on November 05, 2019, 11:05:15 PM
Quote from: PiBoSo on November 05, 2019, 10:53:11 PM
Quote from: MxWayGamer on November 04, 2019, 09:39:37 AMEdit : To add track in my server, Do I need to have it on my server folder ?

The dedicated server should load tracks from the mods folder in "Documents", too.

Ok, so for now. I need to have big hdd in my dedicated server to host my server :S

Do you plan to create lighter script to host server like for Mx Simulator ?

You can change the location of the documents folder in windows settings, googling "change documents drive windows" should help you out. We had to do this on discord servers too.

🌐 MX Bikes custom content
MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

MxWayGamer

November 06, 2019, 01:06:41 PM #62 Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 01:09:53 PM by MxWayGamer
Quote from: PiBoSo on November 06, 2019, 10:35:04 AMCould you please explain what you mean with "lighter script"?

Lighter script : For me, it's independant script, a script dedicated to host server without have to install Mx Bikes on the dedicated server. For example, for Mx Simulator, it's just an excutable file who run server in the windows command prompt. It uses low resources so it can be run on light VPS. It's also possible to manage lot of servers easily because it's possible to change the title name of windows prompt. Files to add tracks in the server is also very light, only few ko unlike more than 100 Mo for MxB tracks.

Quote from: iNsane | WeekendWarriors on November 06, 2019, 12:08:14 PMYou can change the location of the documents folder in windows settings, googling "change documents drive windows" should help you out. We had to do this on discord servers too.

It's not a problem about location. It's more a problem about size of files to host server. Currently, you have to have big hard disk to host server with lot of tracks.
Owner of Mxb-servers.com

PiBoSo

Quote from: MxWayGamer on November 06, 2019, 01:06:41 PM
Quote from: PiBoSo on November 06, 2019, 10:35:04 AMCould you please explain what you mean with "lighter script"?

Lighter script : For me, it's independant script, a script dedicated to host server without have to install Mx Bikes on the dedicated server. For example, for Mx Simulator, it's just an excutable file who run server in the windows command prompt. It uses low resources so it can be run on light VPS. It's also possible to manage lot of servers easily because it's possible to change the title name of windows prompt. Files to add tracks in the server is also very light, only few ko unlike more than 100 Mo for MxB tracks.

Quote from: iNsane | WeekendWarriors on November 06, 2019, 12:08:14 PMYou can change the location of the documents folder in windows settings, googling "change documents drive windows" should help you out. We had to do this on discord servers too.

It's not a problem about location. It's more a problem about size of files to host server. Currently, you have to have big hard disk to host server with lot of tracks.

On the dedicated server it is possible to save disk space manually editing each track to delete the MAP, EDF and image files.
Similarly, it is also possible to delete the EDF and sound files for all bikes.

knotan85

I'am starting to get some new gray hairs over here!....

I have tried to set up my dedicated server now for 2 days, but with NO luck......
What am I missing??

Followed the "guide" about 5 times
open up ports
try other ports and open them to
Try config trough Server setup App

All that happens is that the server window popup with server info, But my actual game NEVER START!
All that starts is that "Server window" but no game....

I have the game through STEAM and as soon that i'am pressing "Play" the server-window popup ( thanks to the parameter from the guide ) Then steam show me "Stop" instead of "Play" for MX-Bikes, but the game never starts up so i can´t play or check if my server works.

Please help! Realy wanna be able to set up my server for our Twitch community! :)

Thank you in advance. ;) Gonna sit here and cry while i wait for somebody to help me :P xD

iNsane

Quote from: knotan85 on November 21, 2019, 05:46:19 PMI'am starting to get some new gray hairs over here!....

I have tried to set up my dedicated server now for 2 days, but with NO luck......
What am I missing??

open up ports

All that happens is that the server window popup with server info, But my actual game NEVER START!

I have the game through STEAM and as soon that i'am pressing "Play" the server-window popup ( thanks to the parameter from the guide ) Then steam show me "Stop" instead of "Play" for MX-Bikes, but the game never starts up so i can´t play or check if my server works.

Please help! Realy wanna be able to set up my server for our Twitch community! :)

Thank you in advance. ;) Gonna sit here and cry while i wait for somebody to help me :P xD

Download the MX Bikes standalone installer and use that to run the server. It's somewhere on www.mx-bikes.com

🌐 MX Bikes custom content
MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

knotan85

Quote from: iNsane | WeekendWarriors on November 21, 2019, 05:55:32 PM
Quote from: knotan85 on November 21, 2019, 05:46:19 PMI'am starting to get some new gray hairs over here!....

What am I missing??

open up ports

Download the MX Bikes standalone installer and use that to run the server. It's somewhere on www.mx-bikes.com

Ok thanks for info man! Only thing i can find on the website is the download for the "Demo" does that one work?
Or i need the "Complete game" to make this work? :)

Thank you!

teeds

The demo d/l is the full game and will work fine for a dedi server.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

PiBoSo

First post updated to add the "polls" section.

MxWayGamer

Could you add rcon commands feature in the server software ?
And the possibility to rename to server window ?

I would like to work on the porting of MxsRank to Mx Bikes, but it's impossible without theses features. (I need to rename server window to kill the server software when it's useless to have multi servers).
Owner of Mxb-servers.com

PiBoSo

Quote from: MxWayGamer on December 02, 2019, 04:45:55 PMCould you add rcon commands feature in the server software ?

What protocol would you prefer for the remote control of the server?
What commands should be available?

MxWayGamer

Quote from: PiBoSo on December 03, 2019, 12:17:56 AM
Quote from: MxWayGamer on December 02, 2019, 04:45:55 PMCould you add rcon commands feature in the server software ?

What protocol would you prefer for the remote control of the server?
What commands should be available?

I don't have preference. Juste something I can use with PHP, I know how to use curl and socket sender, but I can learn other method.
It's not possible to have all commands ?
Owner of Mxb-servers.com

PiBoSo

December 03, 2019, 02:25:28 PM #72 Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 02:35:16 PM by PiBoSo

First post updated to add information on how to write the live timing data to a file.

PiBoSo

First post updated with the latest connection bandwidth settings.

Niko Mouk

It would be useful to get an idea of what you call "very low, low" etc. Because today internet connections are from 1 Mbps to 1Gbps so which option should I take for a 500 Mbps server i.e.?
Hey ! If you like my work, you can 💰 donate on Paypal, thank you !