• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:06:48 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Track objects

Started by Yirka63, November 28, 2019, 12:17:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yirka63

Hello,

I need a little help with objects.
I found out pretty quickly how to make heightmap, masks, folders, but I am little stuck on objects. I know I can place them in TrackEd in View->Layers than Choose folder.
But where can I find fences, pit line tents, halebales? Where are you getting them from?
My track is almost ready, just slightly edit heightmap and add objects and cameras.

Thank you for help!

Docfumi

The track looks great, maybe you can send a PM to Modder TFC. He has brilliant tutorials and can maybe help
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

Yirka63

I wanted to make this public so everyone could get the informations, as I did not found any topic like this on forum :)

Docfumi

I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I have never done it using tracked although I know you can. You're much better off learning Blender. It's relatively easy to learn and that way everything you do for the track will be perfect.

I don't know of any tutorials off hand but it will be a part of my series.

Yirka63

Thank you TFC, I'am downloading Blender right now and I guess I will wait for your tutorial about this if I will not figure myself.
At least I can make another track next to this one to make proper facility.

Niko Mouk

December 02, 2019, 11:22:30 AM #6 Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 11:24:25 AM by Niko Mouk
To place your objects with the layout (not layer) editor, you have to add all your objects to a .cfg property file like this :

obj0
{
name = cone
model = cone.edf
}
obj1
{
name = haybale
model = haybale.edf
coll
{
box0 = 0.5, 0.5, 1.6
}
material = haybale
}

Where coll is the collision box and its material  = haybale or tire or plastic (the only ones I know, I don't have the full list).

1/ Put all your objects in the final track folder with this config file, then open it in TrackEd.
2/ Place your object and save it as a layout file (.lyt).
3/ Open this layout file, copy all the content and add it to your track.hmf file, wrapped into a scenary like this :
scene0
{
name = haybale.edf
pos
{
x = 237.563904
y = 7.569820
z = 224.854446
}
rot
{
x = -0.000000
y = 0.000000
z = -3.810344
}
}

4/ Delete the layout and config files.

NB : This way i sabsolutley dirty and should be for test purpose only.
Hey ! If you like my work, you can 💰 donate on Paypal, thank you !

Yirka63

Thank you very much for this info Niko.
As you said, I will only test is like this and I will see, if I can learn Blender.

brems294

nice plot, ready to test it!!

Niko Mouk

In fact you can save the layout file as your trackmname (mytrack.lyt) and the objects will be placed by default when playing on the track.
This is the way I did for my track called Farwest Theory.
Hey ! If you like my work, you can 💰 donate on Paypal, thank you !

Yirka63

Please could someone give me advice how to set fbx2edf.exe to convert giopanda's or TFC's assets?

As someone said it is good to learn Blender, convert heightmap, put objects, remove terrain and save. But from my point of view it is not really bad to use TrackEd to put objects on track, but I really struggle with converting fbx to edf.
I will be grateful for any advice.