• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:15:32 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

profile resets upon startup

Started by jtrs_61, December 01, 2019, 09:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtrs_61

December 01, 2019, 09:27:08 PM Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 09:41:36 PM by jtrs_61
when opening mxb for the day my profile in game seems to be reset.  this has happend twice.... what I mean by reset is, everything is returned to default.  everything... controller settings, bike settings, bike/rider appearance... hell, even my name and number are gone.  This is super frustrating having to go back through and map controller and try and set things like I like it, again lol.  When I go to profiles the only thing available is "unnamedprofile" and I haven't touched that since day one...

Everything has been fine the last couple weeks.  Ive installed 13b, even since ive played a few days and no issues.  until yesterday morning, then again today.  Idk what I've done differently... 

In fact, I went and checked the Documents/piboso/mxbikes/profiles and my original jtrs_61 file exists, just cant select it in game. suggestions?

teeds

Not sure what the fix is but the next time you get everything setup take a backup of your Piboso folder, you can then easily get everything back if it happens again until the problem is fixed.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

jtrs_61

since my original profile folder was there along with the unnamedProfile folder, I copied all contents of jtrs_61 into unnamed and started it up.  no change. went through and got everything remotely close to way I had it...  kinda afraid to close the window lol, then again, im getting quick at setting it all up

Snappe

So the folder exists but you can't see it on the profiles page ingame...? Weird.

Please open Documents\PiBoSo\MX Bikes\global.ini and report what profile name it says

jtrs_61

This has happened twice, now a third time.  I beleive it happens when installing tracks.  Usually I download and either unzip, or cut/paste the .pkz file from my download folder.  But, In order to save room on hard drive, if its the raw pkz file, I figured I would download from mega but select "save as" and save directly from download to documents>piboso>mxbikes>mods>tracks>motocross

I beleve this is the action that caused all prior issues with profile resetting, but does not explain why the folders show up in explorer but not in game.

Global file saved.     

jtrs_61

NOW A FOURTH TIME, OUT OF THE BLUE! gotta set up EVERYTHING AGAIN! SHIT!

Snappe

So to clarify, after a profile reset the global.ini looks fine, showing your profile name?

jtrs_61

Quote from: Snappe on February 18, 2020, 03:27:43 PMSo to clarify, after a profile reset the global.ini looks fine, showing your profile name?

No, gloaba.ini is as follows:

[profile]
lastprofile=unnamedProfile

Except this time, the mods didn't reset upon start up. like my bike and rider were all outfitted but the number had changed on the bike... vs last time EVERYTHING went back to stock.

that global file... can I update it to lastprofile=jtrs-61 and it load back awesome? ... I wonder ...

Nope, it still loaded as unnamedprofile. anything else I can help with to help narrow down why this is happening, let me know! thanks for making this game awesome yall.

Rob Dog

Same thing is happening to me, I installed a bunch of skins and boots and tracks and now its resetting my profile back to default everytime i load. havent been able to fix it and i did everything you did. If you find out a solution please let me know!

Rob Dog

Quote from: Robert Fratscher on October 21, 2020, 08:32:55 PMSame thing is happening to me, I installed a bunch of skins and boots and tracks and now its resetting my profile back to default everytime i load. havent been able to fix it and i did everything you did. If you find out a solution please let me know!
I also have 2 other profiles in my folder and yet none of them show up in game. Only the unnamed profile. None of my gear saves or anything.. 2020/10/21

chillz hd

This is happening to me but I haven't installed any mods. Every time I launch the game, my controller binds reset. I saved the 'controls.txt' with my custom binds but even when I try to replace the file from the MXB folder to overwrite the binds, nothing happens still; it is just left at default settings.  :-\ If someone comes up with a solution, please let me know.  :)  I only bought the game a couple of days ago but now I can't play it because I have to go through all the settings every time I want to play  :'(

yamaha#521

Quote from: chillz hd on November 18, 2020, 08:48:32 PMThis is happening to me but I haven't installed any mods. Every time I launch the game, my controller binds reset. I saved the 'controls.txt' with my custom binds but even when I try to replace the file from the MXB folder to overwrite the binds, nothing happens still; it is just left at default settings.  :-\ If someone comes up with a solution, please let me know.  :)  I only bought the game a couple of days ago but now I can't play it because I have to go through all the settings every time I want to play  :'(
I just downloaded the game again after a few years and i've got this exact same problem.

I already tried reinstalling the game and i tried to reinstall the XBOX 360 controller drivers.

One thing that i noticed is that i have no "controls.txt" file anywhere.

chillz hd

Quote from: yamaha#521 on December 03, 2020, 03:48:06 PM
Quote from: chillz hd on November 18, 2020, 08:48:32 PMThis is happening to me but I haven't installed any mods. Every time I launch the game, my controller binds reset. I saved the 'controls.txt' with my custom binds but even when I try to replace the file from the MXB folder to overwrite the binds, nothing happens still; it is just left at default settings.  :-\ If someone comes up with a solution, please let me know.  :)  I only bought the game a couple of days ago but now I can't play it because I have to go through all the settings every time I want to play  :'(
I just downloaded the game again after a few years and i've got this exact same problem.

I already tried reinstalling the game and i tried to reinstall the XBOX 360 controller drivers.

One thing that i noticed is that i have no "controls.txt" file anywhere.
I think I sorted my problem, however, I don't know if it's a universal fix for everyone. All I have done is just copied the whole 'MX Bikes' directory onto my desktop and when I install mods I just drop them into the directory copy folder as well to make sure they both contain the same files. Hopefully this might help you dood  :)