• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:33:37 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Can i change the mods folder location ?

Started by Ask, December 03, 2019, 05:23:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ask

Hi, i was dowloading some track but now my SSD is full so i was wondering if i can change the mods folder to my second hardware, where the game is installed ?

Docfumi

YES YOU CAN!!! make a folder inside your MXBikes folder called bikes and place all your Mod Bikes in it. You can do the same with your (rider) and (tyres) folders as well.
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

Ask

Docfumi

I don't know if it will affect your steam account if you bought the game via steam but if it is a regular MXBikes download from MXBikes page you will be okay.

iNsane

Quote from: Docfumi on December 03, 2019, 05:47:02 PMYES YOU CAN!!! make a folder inside your MXBikes folder called bikes and place all your Mod Bikes in it. You can do the same with your (rider) and (tyres) folders as well.

Oh no please don't do it that way! It's the second most unorganized way out there.

Please edit your global.ini located in "My Documents/PiBoSo/MX Bikes/" according to this thread, section "mods": http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?msg=35071 (should redirect you to the mods how-to)

This setting works completely for Steam and standalone version.

🌐 MX Bikes custom content
MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

teeds

I still use all my mods in the install dir, works fine for me  :)
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

Docfumi

Quote from: iNsane | WeekendWarriors on December 03, 2019, 07:57:17 PM
Quote from: Docfumi on December 03, 2019, 05:47:02 PMYES YOU CAN!!! make a folder inside your MXBikes folder called bikes and place all your Mod Bikes in it. You can do the same with your (rider) and (tyres) folders as well.

Oh no please don't do it that way! It's the second most unorganized way out there.

Please edit your global.ini located in "My Documents/PiBoSo/MX Bikes/" according to this thread, section "mods": http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?msg=35071 (should redirect you to the mods how-to)

He doesn't want anything on his SSD drive that is why I told him to put it in his install folder on a different drive.

iNsane

Quote from: Docfumi on December 03, 2019, 08:33:33 PM

He doesn't want anything on his SSD drive that is why I told him to put it in his install folder on a different drive.

That's what the thread shows, on how to change the mod path to a whole different location or drive...

MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

Docfumi

^^I see^^ well played Mr. Insane and thanks for clearing that up I hope it helps him.

P1xlW0lf

Quote from: iNsane on December 03, 2019, 08:54:02 PM
Quote from: Docfumi on December 03, 2019, 08:33:33 PM

That's what the thread shows, on how to change the mod path to a whole different location or drive...
i just wanna say i tried doing that, but it didnt work. none of my mods were activated when i started the game. what could be the issue then?

fridgedollar

what is the location of your new mods folder and what did you put in your global.ini? just so we can see what you see

Hubchap

I used Link Shell Extension to change where my mods folder is at, it's a free program and really easy to do symbolic links.

iNsane

Quote from: Hubchap on January 26, 2021, 05:22:21 AMI used Link Shell Extension to change where my mods folder is at, it's a free program and really easy to do symbolic links.

Absolutely not necessary... http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?msg=35071

There's an INI option for that 😄

MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal