• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:13:42 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Steam Workshop

Started by AZDesertRat, November 13, 2019, 05:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZDesertRat

Want to first say major props to Piboso and the wonderful mod creators.  Been playing MXB off/on since B5 but the current version is just wonderful :).  To the point that all I think about during the work day is getting home and running tons of laps.

Find myself following the Steam page reviews/discussions daily and one common topic that comes up is "where do I download tracks, bikes, paints, etc and how to install them".  I know that several users have kindly offered instructions, which is great and I truly appreciate the MXB-Mods website.  However, I think that the process may be frustrating for newcomers that aren't exactly PC savvy.  Hell, I'll admit that when I first start playing, having to wade thru pages of forum posts trying find a particular mod was never the most fun, especially after finally locating the post and discovering the download link was broken.   

So..... my suggestion is for Piboso to utilize the Steam Workshop option for many reasons.
- It provides a centralized location to download all approved MOD content and the user doesn't have to venture outside of Steam.
- Any mod the user wants to install is a simple one-click add to the game, brain dead simple.
- The user is auto-notified of revision updates to any installed mod. 
- Users can post comments for a mod, providing feedback for others and the mod creator.
- If a user attempts to join a server running mods they don't have, they can quickly install them from the workshop in a few minutes.
- Let the user choose drive and location of Mods folder to be used.  More on this below.

I know the recommended default mod installation process is to use the Mods folder under Documents.  However, this isn't the best solution IMO. It's still commonplace for PC's to have a smaller primary drive (OS and core software) and then larger secondary drive for storage/games.  Fortunately, I've found that you can install mods in the MB Bikes steam folder and this works perfectly.

Anyway, thanks again for this incredible game that provides so much depth.  For an old guy (51 ::) ) who started riding in mid 70's (1st bike was a 73' KTM 100 GS shared with two older brothers) slowly progressing in MX Bikes brings back fond memories from my youth.

Rat   

Yirka63

I agree as much as I can! It would make a lot of thing easier and more comfortable.
As this game and community grows bigger (as it seems to me) it would be nice to have centralized database of all mods on one place.

Pck

+1 c'est illisible pour retrouver les bon mods, faudrait regrouper dans des sections bien précises une fois qu'ils sont validés

PizzaChet

I agree, but for the meantime, PiBoSo could you create a "Standalone to Steam Conversion Guide" topic or just one named "Steam" for easier navigation or more centralized Q&A?
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

Yirka63

Quote from: PizzaChet on December 03, 2019, 06:44:49 AMI agree, but for the meantime, PiBoSo could you create a "Standalone to Steam Conversion Guide" topic or just one named "Steam" for easier navigation or more centralized Q&A?

It is already in General Discussion and it's pinned.

PizzaChet

Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

Pluffiz

Indeed would be nice. Also easier to showcase new tracks, skins etc. so that good stuff don´t just fall away on the forums or something :)