• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 11:38:50 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Rider model templates

Started by PiBoSo, November 21, 2017, 01:17:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

November 21, 2017, 01:17:01 PM Last Edit: October 05, 2021, 03:45:36 PM by PiBoSo
RIDER TEMPLATE FILES
http://www.mx-bikes.com/downloads/mxb_rider_templates.zip

When importing the skeleton FBX file in 3dsmax, please make sure to not convert the bones to dummy.

The boots template shows how to use script files to export all LODs in a single EDF file, saving disk space.

• The script file for each model must be set in the editbox, on the second line, of the FBX2EDF program.
  • Please make sure to edit the INI files to change (User_Name) to your Windows user name
  • Please note that in the template a single model has been used for all LODs and for the shadow. However, for a proper release, each LOD should have roughtly half the triangles of the previous one, and the shadow should use a dedicated model without the innner details and with no textures

CONVERSION TOOLS
http://www.kartracing-pro.com/downloads/ct.zip

When exporting the FBX file from Blender, please make sure that the Primary Bone Axis is set to "X Axis" and the Secondary Bone Axis is set to "-Z Axis".

PiBoSo

Template updated to edit the "gfx.cfg" file to fix the shadows and to show the boots in the onboard views, too.

PiBoSo

September 27, 2021, 01:12:10 AM #2 Last Edit: November 13, 2021, 12:06:14 AM by PiBoSo
Rider templates updated to add the rider model and skeleton.

First post updated to add a link to the conversion tools, that have been moved to a separate download.

Lancer2004

HOLY DEAR GOD YES!!!!!!! THANK YOU PIBOSO!!!!!! The gear game is bouta be so much better
SQUEEBIS PEEBIS

pay2021

Finally!

Is there any export script example?

I try straight importing skeleton and the mesh, apply the skin modifier, in blender the character works super fine, but in game the bones had another orientation so the result is a snake.

I will try re done the skeleton from 0.

PiBoSo

Quote from: pay2021 on October 04, 2021, 01:55:32 PMFinally!

I try straight importing skeleton and the mesh, apply the skin modifier, in blender the character works super fine, but in game the bones had another orientation so the result is a snake.

When exporting the FBX file, please make sure that the Primary Bone Axis is set to "X Axis" and the Secondary Bone Axis is set to "-Z Axis".

pay2021

October 05, 2021, 01:13:34 AM #6 Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 02:36:14 PM by pay2021
Quote from: PiBoSo on October 04, 2021, 10:57:48 PM
Quote from: pay2021 on October 04, 2021, 01:55:32 PMFinally!

When exporting the FBX file, please make sure that the Primary Bone Axis is set to "X Axis" and the Secondary Bone Axis is set to "-Z Axis".

Huge thanks!!!! It works!!

A tip?

When you aply the skin modifier to "automatic weight" it don't apply 1.000 weight to all mesh/bones, you have to re-paint yourself to apply 1.000 weight (to the corresponding parts) , and voila!!

Amazing! Thanks again!!!

edit: news, you dont need all the time re-paint the skin, the default modifier works pretty well.