• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:27:58 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Low FPS with RTX 2080Ti and i7-8700?

Started by CSchmied986, December 20, 2019, 07:00:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CSchmied986

I recently rebuilt my PC going from a GTX 1070 and an i5 processor to a RTX 2080Ti and i7-8700 and have 16GB DDR5 RAM, but I only noticed a slight performance increase with MXB. I play in VR which I know is more demanding, but when I play online with more than 10 people I get bad FPS issues. With that setup I wouldn't think I should have any problems. I've also noticed that playing other demanding games I can hear my GPU fans quite a bit, and with MXB I never hear my fans speed up at all. Anyone else have this problem or know any solutions?

PizzaChet

Most likely it's still "netcode" issues.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

CSchmied986

Quote from: PizzaChet on December 20, 2019, 09:13:58 PMMost likely it's still "netcode" issues.
That might be part of my online issues, but even offline I notice FPS drops at some times, mostly at Paleta V2. Maybe the games doesn't do well with nVidia? MXB is the big reason I decided to get the 2080Ti, so hopefully there is some way to get the game to actually use it's power.

fridgedollar

i get stable 144fps online on highest settings, rtx 2070 i7 8700. i dont play in vr though, could be that its not optimized too well. i know mxb has trouble with amd but there should be no trouble with your setup

Bj Slice

Quote from: CSchmied986 on December 20, 2019, 07:00:18 PMI recently rebuilt my PC going from a GTX 1070 and an i5 processor to a RTX 2080Ti and i7-8700 and have 16GB DDR5 RAM, but I only noticed a slight performance increase with MXB. I play in VR which I know is more demanding, but when I play online with more than 10 people I get bad FPS issues. With that setup I wouldn't think I should have any problems. I've also noticed that playing other demanding games I can hear my GPU fans quite a bit, and with MXB I never hear my fans speed up at all. Anyone else have this problem or know any solutions?

My pc is not as good as yours. VR just by yourself is ok. But when I  play online, I suffer the same fps drops. So I am using trackir5 + pro clip when racing so I can still pan and tilt my head.

I play vr (odyssey +) during practice. But trackir during racing.
"Practice not until you get it right. But practice until you can never get it wrong, and make it a routine"