• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:07:15 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Point-to-Point or "Open" tracks

Started by Resolute Kraken, December 23, 2019, 02:56:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Resolute Kraken

With the release of the Straight Rhythm track in Beta 13, is there any documentation on how to use Tracked to make other point-to-point tracks?  I'm not trying to recreate a straight rhythm course but rather something like a course that has a start and and finish line that are not a circuit.  It would use the normal starting gates and finish at a different location and simply be one lap.

GDUBMX

im sure someone has an idea about it, looking forward to seeing what you come up with man. Merry xmas
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Resolute Kraken

Still waiting for a reply on this one.  In the release notes it said that Open center-lines were added to beta 13.  I can create an open centerline, set my finish at the end of it and merge it with no problem.  I'm able to start a race on it but you still have to pass the finish line one time for it to start the first lap when the race was set to a 1 lap event. 

What do we need to do in TrackEd to make the open centerlines work like they do on the Straight Rhythm course?  Again this is for a point-to-point course.

Steven

In the ini of the stock straight rhythm track there is
[race]
straight_rhythm=1
The starting gates seem to be the start and the start/finish line the finish like you have it.

Resolute Kraken

January 18, 2020, 10:07:00 PM #4 Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 11:05:51 PM by Resolute Kraken
Nice find!  I'll give that a go to see if that does it.  Would like some official word if possible.

Update: that didn't seem to change anything.

JetBlackPriest

Did you figure this one out? Trying to make a point to point track as well.