• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:51:44 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MX Simulator Replacement?

Started by MotardMatt, February 01, 2014, 07:24:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

Quote from: gdubmx on February 01, 2014, 07:42:34 PM
Piboso had already said that some of the features in this will hopefully set the bar for the simulators. Meaning some if the features in this will be copied no doubt.

Not really.
The plan is to port improvements made for MX Bikes to the other sims sharing the same engine ( GP Bikes, World Racing Series, Kart Racing Pro ).

PiBoSo

Please don't get your expectation too high, or you may be disappointed. Especially by the very first release.

GDUBMX

Quote from: PiBoSo on February 01, 2014, 08:20:32 PM
Quote from: gdubmx on February 01, 2014, 07:42:34 PM
Piboso had already said that some of the features in this will hopefully set the bar for the simulators. Meaning some if the features in this will be copied no doubt.
ah sorry, by simulators I assumed you meant other sims l. Not your own.

Not really.
The plan is to port improvements made for MX Bikes to the other sims sharing the same engine ( GP Bikes, World Racing Series, Kart Racing Pro ).
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Ruubs

You kinda fucked that post up Gdubmx. Your comment is in the midle of the quote ;).

As a pro in Mx Simulator I really want something else TBH. I still love the outdoor season, but once sx starts I see all the frustrating things (bugs? I don't know...) like collisions, weird steering swaps, weird crashes and that sort of stuff. I really really hope that this game's supercross is better, because I love SX.

GDUBMX

Ah shit! I'm on a touch phone at the moment! Always mess up on here lol. Thanks sandbiter!
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Motoboss

We wont know till we play it ourselves i guess..What will make it or brake it for me is if its user friendly and by that I mean not hard to control .. I dont mind it being a little difficult but at least make sense of why the bike is doing what its doing ..Ive played MXS since it started and still have know idea why the bike does some things that it does ... If its not fun I wont play it and will move on to something else like im doing now.. I have been waiting for a long time for this..
Appreciate my hard work? Buy me a beer or at least take the time to like my Facebook page...Hit the button below
https://www.paypal.me/Motoboss
Check out my Facebook Page

MotardMatt

Quote from: PiBoSo on February 01, 2014, 08:22:29 PM

Please don't get your expectation too high, or you may be disappointed. Especially by the very first release.

Coming from sim you cant have high expectations, GP Bikes was sick and im hoping that this is somewhere as good as that.

I'm actually really looking forward to some sort of playable version

MotardMatt

I heard someone say there might be dual analog controls (like MvA) is this true?

Motoboss

Quote from: MotardMatt on February 01, 2014, 10:11:18 PM
I heard someone say there might be dual analog controls (like MvA) is this true?

- Terrain deformation is in progress. Will probably not be featured in the first release, but integrated later.
- Yes, there are tearoffs
- What is the difference? ??? It should work for both.
- Of course different terrains will be simulated, and it will be possible to choose between different tires to better fit different conditions.
- The xbox 360 controller is supported ( no pre-defined profiles, though, controls must be manually assigned ), and it will be possible to use the right stick for the rider movements
- All the needed animations will be ingame  :)
- Trackside objects will be static
- No damage is planned for the bike
- It will be possible to race online
- It's too early to tell, because tools are still in progress. Tracks will start with 16 bits heightmaps, and then it will be possible to assign different terrain materials and integrate 3D objects.
Appreciate my hard work? Buy me a beer or at least take the time to like my Facebook page...Hit the button below
https://www.paypal.me/Motoboss
Check out my Facebook Page

MotardMatt

Quote from: Motoboss on February 01, 2014, 10:15:42 PM
Quote from: MotardMatt on February 01, 2014, 10:11:18 PM

- Terrain deformation is in progress. Will probably not be featured in the first release, but integrated later.
- Yes, there are tearoffs
- What is the difference? ??? It should work for both.
- Of course different terrains will be simulated, and it will be possible to choose between different tires to better fit different conditions.
- The xbox 360 controller is supported ( no pre-defined profiles, though, controls must be manually assigned ), and it will be possible to use the right stick for the rider movements
- All the needed animations will be ingame  :)
- Trackside objects will be static
- No damage is planned for the bike
- It will be possible to race online
- It's too early to tell, because tools are still in progress. Tracks will start with 16 bits heightmaps, and then it will be possible to assign different terrain materials and integrate 3D objects.

Thanks for that! cleared up most of my questions  :)

Robert196

You guys are very quick to assume things. We haven't even gotten our hands on an alpha yet.

As a 'hardcore' MXS fan, I honestly hope this gets off the ground well. It'll be cool for JLV to have some competition.

MotardMatt

1Twelve

What makes me even happier for it, is I know a lot of us sim players on gonna make a lot of sick stuff for mxb. I hope there is a RaceFactoryGaming for mxb, that would be absolutely amazing.