• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:35:00 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Advices or cooperation

Started by Yirka63, December 30, 2019, 05:54:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yirka63

December 30, 2019, 05:54:24 PM Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 06:00:39 PM by jirka63
Hello fellow moders!

Currently I am working on replica track of Dalečín - Czech Republic.
I have completed heightmap and raw masks (textures), objects are only temporary to know where are insides of corners.

Is here anyone willing to help me with textures? Or maybe provide texture pack to use? Mostly I need some advice what is best way to devide track and offtrack, when it has same or almost same texture.
Thank you very much

Pic of track:

Asdrael

Most of us use either a variation (read: slight color change or normal strength) of the stock texture. To make on and off track pop, what I do is give it a slightly different shade but keep the same texture style, normal and repetition.

What you can also do is texture "plainly" everything but use a huge normal texture with no repetition over the entire map to make it come alive.

Last option: Google for tiled textures.

Good luck!
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Yirka63

Hello again!!

I found making track really fun and I moved with my latest track.. See pics below, I think I got the heightmap pretty well, track flows and rides well (for me :D ).

I am looking for someone who could help me with placing objects (mostly trees, I would like to make this track off-season, so no Acerbis sticks, watter trucks, tents etc.), unfortunately my PC can not run new Blender well and also I never worked with it. I will be glad if someone could help me with it, because right after objects will be done I can RELEASE!

Thanks for possible help :)