• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:35:23 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MaxHUD plugin

Started by HornetMaX, October 01, 2014, 11:02:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teeds

Same here Fats, get the same problem on JS7 as Ironman, something's changed game side.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I've had it on stock tracks too.. Washington I think from memory but not every lap. Maybe club too..

Either way, I've been over it with PiBoSo and think he said as far as he can see everything game side is OK.

HornetMaX

Quote from: 𝖙𝖋𝖈 on January 03, 2020, 11:17:49 PMMaX, I'm having trouble with timing in the latest MXB beta..

I'm not sure it's a MaX hud problem but since MXB doesn't give us a way to view real time timing it's the only thing I can see.

When you cross where the centerline is joined it instantly shows you about -60 or more seconds behind your previous lap. It doesn't do this all the time but I get it all the time on Ironman and on a few other tracks too.

Am I the only one?
Hmm I'll have to look into that.
There was a change in the output plugin structures that I missed (my bad), back on 19th Oct (so I guess it was for beta12).

Questions:
1- It's a regulat track (no straight ryhtm) right ? I didn't do any change for straight rythm so it may screw up badly.
2- It's only the latest version (2.1.7) ? 2.1.6 doesn't have the problem ?

If you can post a link to the track where it shows more often that would also help.

teeds

January 04, 2020, 03:57:03 PM #198 Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 03:58:58 PM by teeds
Nice 1 Max, cheers

1/. Yes happens on normal MX tracks. Happens every lap on Ironman, as soon as you've set a lap and about 5-10 secs after crossing the finish line the timer gives you a 50 odd sec lead that gradually counts down until the last sector I think it is, then you get normal timings in the last sector that match lap times as you cross the line. http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=2894.0 << Track link.

2/. I'm not sure exactly what version I had before today, but downloaded the latest as I didn't seem to have 2.1.7 and installed it, no change for me.

HornetMaX

OK. Could you post some screenshots showing the issue ? Just to be sure I understand it correctly.

Also, if it happens on a shorter/easier track that would help too :)

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I'm not home but thanks Teeds for that! MaX if nobody has I'll get a short video tonight, unless you check the track and experience the same issue with the gap. It happens specifically on Ironman when you cross the point the centerline was joined.

teeds

Just been testing and it isn't linked to the sector at all. I went slower than usual and the timer seems to just count down like i'm standing still and bike speed seems to be unrelated. The timer ran out and gave me normal times way sooner than usual as I was going slowly while taking screen shots.
The screenshots in this pdf are in order top down, you can see the gap I get and bear in mind i'm going way slower than the ghost. The time synced up between page 8 and 9. From page 9 it's normal timings, I can gain and loose time again.

https://sealey.iweb-storage.com/s/IjVlMTBjY2U0MWI0Mjg0Yjg4Y2NlMGM5MSI.eO5iqc3K0xueM6BgcDxAerIPBM0

HornetMaX

Thanks teeds and tfc, I think I've seen it happen twice on my side: I'll need to take a look (not sure when though).

Long shot: the track's centerline has non-consecutive sections very close to each others (like a long straight then a tight 180deg u-turn and then another long straight parallel and close to the 1st stright): maybe this confuses my code that tries to determine where you are on the centerline (a float between 0.00 and 1.00) from your actual X-Y position. Just specualting, I don't even remember how I wrote this code  :P  :P  :P

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Haha well I hope you can fix it I love MaX hud 😁

I tried rebuilding the centerline with no luck btw.

HornetMaX

January 13, 2020, 10:42:43 PM #204 Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 10:59:50 PM by HornetMaX
I had a look and, as far as I can see, the problem is not in my code.

I've found some weird data being passed by MXB to the output plugin: in a nutshell, the "position" of the bike along the centerline (what PiBoSo calls fPos in his plugin interface, a float between 0 and 1) has a very weird jump back (something like you're 1515m down the track and then for a few tenths of sec you go back to 196m and after that you're back to 1919m).
This confused my livetiming (well, no wonder :) ).

I've created a bug post for PiBoSo (here), let's wait for some feedback from him.

P.S.
I haven't received a forum notification (e.g. when somebody posts something in this thread) in ages, so I may not be super reactive answering this (guess it's something like gmail blacklisting the forum for whatever reason).

teeds

Thanks for looking at this Max, really appreciated.

Over to Pibs now then I guess.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Thanks for this MaX, hopefully a fix is incoming.

HornetMaX

I guess you've seen PiBoSo comment in the bug thread so yeah ... let's wait for the fix.

To be honest I could try to put in place a workaround in my code, but it's such an ugly one I'd prefer to wait for the proper fix from PiBoSo.

HornetMaX

V2.1.8 out (2020/01/23)
  • HUDTiming: LiveGap now shows only one livegap (the one from Windows timer, as the game's own timing passed to the output plugins drifts away over laps).
  • Change LiveTiming due to a bug discovered in MXB (see http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=3143.0). Should have no impact (aside mitigating the MXB bug).

𝖙𝖋𝖈