• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:18:06 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

[RELEASE] 2020 GATORBACK MOTOCROSS

Started by Rockchalice3875KTM, January 25, 2020, 07:31:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rockchalice3875KTM

HEY GUYS I AM NOW RELEASING MY FIRST TRACK FOR MX BIKES. ITS BEEN LONG MONTHS OF LEARNING HOW TO DO EVERYTHING AND FUSTRATION.
I WOULD LIKE TO THANK ATLASZOOR FROM MX SIM FOR GIVING ME PERMISSION TO CONVERT HIS WORK INTO MX BIKES!
CREDITZ: PIBOSO FOR THE BADASS MOTOCROSS GAME THANK YOU SO MUCH!
TFC FOR TUTORIOLS
RESOLUTE KRAKEN FOR TEACHING ME HOW TO PUT OBJECTS ON TRACK
NIKO FOR THE CENTERLINE TUTORIOLS
http://www.mediafire.com/file/axcs77gkiovtpra/GatorbackMotocross.rar/file
track_image.png
HAVE FUN!

AND AGAIN I TAKE NO CREDIT FOR MAKING THE TRACK PLEAS THANK ATLASZOOR FROM MXS.

GDUBMX

<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

holtergeist

man this track just keeps getting better as it gets ridden on. ive raced here before so its awesome to be able to ride it again. thanks for all the time put into it
"hole-shot, pin-it, knock everybody down, go through the second corner, come out in front" -TP199

Rockchalice3875KTM

Your welcome bro! Glad you like it! Gonna start workin on Loretta Lynn's tomorrow and other tracks as well

MXB17

So cool to see the new tracks thanks for the efforts and time put in man. Also shout out to ATLASZOOR. Great job guys

jtrs_61

Great to see more content for the game... Thanks to all those involved!

Good track but a couple first impressions:
- The track is really light colored, as I'm sure it is IRL... but here in MXB land its a little difficult to see where and when you're going to hit brake/accel bumps.  A prime example section I can point out is into the 180* corner, out of it up the hill to the finish and through that straight away...
- After a few laps there's no tire marks showing where I've been. I only notice this because usually after a couple laps it remedies the observation above.
- The "off track" kinda runs into the track... the sat image works, but it might be more defined with some 3D grass... IDK tho, track has already dropped my framerate to 30 lol

I'm just now delving into track creation so I'm no expert, these are just observations... waiting anxiously for some more o them TFC replica videos (thems bad ass btw fats) But thanks again for putting another cool track up for this epic game!

Big Smooth one3

Thanks for the track! Only comment that I want to make relates to the visibility of bumps and ruts, which is something struggled with in a few of my WIP outdoor tracks. I'm not sure what your texture masking strategy is or how many layers and masks your using, but if you use a "path" mask to differentiate on-from-off-track, lightly erasing some of the path where your bumps and ruts are - basically giving them a tiny bit more differentiation on color from the "base" on-track - makes a huge difference in visibility. Also, using a low sun angle (I default to 2 now) seems to really help, too (thanks for that tip Ruben). I you imported the sim terrain at a good scale (which isn't as simple as it seems sometimes), so kudos on that. My only "complaint" (which isn't really a complaint lol) is not being able to see anything other than what mostly looks like a flat track, only to feel my bike running over all kinds of little bumps and chatter, etc., that I have no way to account for since I can't see it. Really wish that I could see the minute terrain variations that I'm riding, both for the visual "looks" but more importantly so that I can adjust my riding to account for the roughness rather than just pin-and-hope, if that makes sense. Anyway, that doesn't take away from a great effort here, just trying to provide a bit of critical feedback for you to think about on your next one, and definitely thanks again for the publish!

Yirka63

Thanks for the track!
Only the visibility of berms and bumps needs to be higher.
Position of sun makes really huge part of work. Try to move sun a little bit ;)

loganwren245

Tracks fuckin sick dude, flows really really well

Rockchalice3875KTM

Thanks for the feedback guys. Got a lot of tracks coming in the future including 2020 Loretta Lynn's.

loganwren245

bro LL's would be absolutely fire on here

FattyMcBeardo

Any particular reason you decided to do this track? I haven't tried it as Im downloading it now. I live around a hour from this track IRL and have always wanted to ride it. Theres a few decent tracks close by or in Florida that are interesting. Spyder MX, Dade City MX, and Hard Rock MX I go to sometimes and it has a jump called "The Water Tower Jump" which is pretty well know and the highest altitude jump in the state from what Ive heard. You climb a big hill to jump it next to a water tower. Hard Rock is less than a hour away from Gatorback. Just curious as if you're in the area or just found the track interesting. Ill let you know what I think of the track once I try it. Thanks for the content.

Rockchalice3875KTM

I thought it would be a good track to do since it's a well known track. And thank you very much I'm exited to release more work.

FattyMcBeardo

Cool deal man, keep up the good work. Ill keep checking in.