• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:33:10 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

looking for help with a custom skin

Started by WestSideWill763, January 24, 2020, 12:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WestSideWill763

Hey everyone-
looking to get some help I've been playing for a couple months now have about every mod, track and paint I can but it just doesn't match the feeling of having my actual gear/bike in-game....

guess I'm just asking to have someone help by making my
bike (2001 rm 125 in real) so the oem 2003 125/250 works
jersey (just a crap made jersey lol)
helmet skin (fox v1 in real)
 I have lots of pics but lack the skills to get what I'm looking for onto the game itself. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. Any questions I'm willing to answer

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdOhWj_Fnfu/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BYocPaglUJP/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BmZmrrtBULH/

WestSideWill763

don't know if anyone looks at this post anymore but I have all of my graphics made (separate from the temps) in gimp but im having trouble getting images to show up on templates.

If im able to send someone the gimp files so they can place them onto the bike,helmet or jersey ide be very appreciative just having to many issues getting anything to work like it should...

WestSideWill763

Another update: got all graphics on the templates!!!
Woohooo

but can't upload don't have rider file folder or rider pkz. As gdub puts it in is 2018 tutorial video.....

need help don't know where to find folder I have the steam version if that makes a difference

Yirka63

Did you followed "paint creation guide"? You can find almost everything there :)
Use some paint from fprum, extract it in PaintEd, replace paint with your creation and pack it again. And just put it in you mod folder > rider > paints

WestSideWill763

January 27, 2020, 10:30:40 PM #4 Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 11:35:33 PM by WestSideWill763
Awesome thank you so much!!! I finally got my gear and bike into the game super excited!

also if I wanted to make a custom skin of the f1 fox helmet I haven't seen any post of templates or anything like that so im kinda lost.

Yirka63

You put everything in mod folder in your documents.
Just go to bikes, [bike you want], paints and put it there.. It is super easy.

Not sure if there are templates for helmets, anyway you can extract the existing one in PaintEd and edit it in Photoshop or something you use.

Some research here on forum will help you in almost everything. All your questions about paints and models have been asked already :)

WestSideWill763

I found what I was looking for through what you had said but there's a couple of issues I seem to be having though...

1. I cant get the version of the helmet I edit to upload into game I see the name in game but the paint is the same as the base paint

2.if you have graphics anywhere in the middle of the helmet how do I get the graphic to come out clear I see on previous made paint that there's a weird blend I have a 3 graphics all which are in the middle of the helmet on the back and top so its a little confusing I get the whole cut in half and try to line it up but it feels like I'm missing a couple things to fully understand.

WestSideWill763

been a couple days I haven't been able to find any how to's or any information on how to skin helmets and upload them properly.
I've made a skin but haven't been able to see it in game only see the name of the file of what I tried to upload.

ALSO:

I know ill have an issue with the graphics wrapping around the middle of the helmet. any info or advise would be great!

Yirka63

I do not have experiences with helmets at all, maybe someone else will answer.

Ponza

give us more info so we can help , which helmet ur trying to get ingame , how do you rename it to see it ingame ?

WestSideWill763

I'm trying to make my own skin using the fox v3 Rockstar as my template...

I do exactly the same thing you do to bikes and rider gear as far as uploading I renamed it (Mulisha) in the paintEd b4 I packed it in the fox v3 paint's folder...

open game look under fox v3 helmet paints Mulisha is there as a paint but shows up in game the same as the base fox v3 helmet.

iNsane

Quote from: WestSideWill763 on January 31, 2020, 06:34:07 PMI'm trying to make my own skin using the fox v3 Rockstar as my template...

I do exactly the same thing you do to bikes and rider gear as far as uploading I renamed it (Mulisha) in the paintEd b4 I packed it in the fox v3 paint's folder...

open game look under fox v3 helmet paints Mulisha is there as a paint but shows up in game the same as the base fox v3 helmet.

Make sure to name it correctly, like it is named in a different .pnt file

🌐 MX Bikes custom content
MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

WestSideWill763

I wish I could take screen shots cause it is saved as a different .pnt otherwise it wouldn't show up with its own name in-game right?

WestSideWill763

the top .pnt is the file I made and put into the helmet skins folder for the model helmet I was making a skin for... like I said It shows up with its own name ingame but the graphics don't change

Docfumi

Dude PM me your pnt file and I'll have a look at it for you
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.