• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:08:53 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

SETTINGS RESET UPON GAME START!?!

Started by ChaosFox, February 02, 2020, 12:18:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChaosFox

Any idea on why my settings reset every time i start up MX Bikes? Bike setup, graphics, everything!?! It's getting very aggrevating and it wasn't a problem until just this morning???

jtrs_61

I had this happen a couple times... finally narrowed it down to how I downloaded and installed the mods...  when DLing a file off the web itll ask you if you want to save or open... zips I go ahead and open then drag and drop, everything works fine...  if you save the raw pkz file to the download folder then drag and drop to your mod folder everything works fine too...  the issue, for me, was when downloaded a raw pkz flie and saved directly to the mod folder.. did this a couple times and each time the game would reset like youre talking...

solution is to save to download folder first then get it over to the mod folder.  unless its DLed as a zip... then just open and get what ya need to the mod folder.

ChaosFox

They're all .rars except for the raw .pkz's so i'll try your method and keep all mods in an extra mods folder in my documents, then put them into my actual mods folder etc.? I'll try that.

jtrs_61

yea well, my theory was incorrect.  Out the blue it reset AGAIN.

Docfumi

Make a backup folder for your settings and when that happens just replace it with the folder that is set-up already, I know it sucks to have to do this but it works.
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

CLabat92

February 23, 2020, 05:52:21 AM #5 Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 05:56:59 AM by CLabat92
I have the same issue but with controller and some simulation settings, very frustrating.