• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:25:31 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Dedicated server

Started by PiBoSo, October 02, 2014, 02:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Niko Mouk

Do the whitelist prevent people to spectate too ? Got to know how to handle streamers.
Hey ! If you like my work, you can 💰 donate on Paypal, thank you !

PiBoSo

Quote from: Niko Mouk on January 28, 2020, 11:14:35 PMDo the whitelist prevent people to spectate too ? Got to know how to handle streamers.

Yes, at the moment the whitelist and blacklist are checked for spectators, too.

Niko Mouk

The XML result file exported only after race 2 is actually a shame for qualify handling.

Here's the best scenario :
- Divide signed up riders into groups (as the multiplayer is actually laggy with too much people).
- Run servers in practice (not free practice to limit the time) before the event.
- Get the generated XML files for me to parse them, generate groups (A, B, ...) ordered by best time + whitelists. Then start the event.

I already scripted everything but I'm stuck on how to get result files with no races. I don't want to develop something based on the livetiming as we're so close to achieve it with the actual system.

What would be awesome is to add some vars in the ini like :
results_frequency ; 0 = after the whole event, 1 = after each restart (that must work for the practice session)
results_prefix ; Add a custom prefix to the result filename
Please include something like the servername or let us add a prefix for the result files. When your run multiple servers with the same track so you get some result files with the same name. Yeah I know you can output them in different folders but the idea is to take them all like CTRL+A drag'n'drop and boom.

teeds

"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

Niko Mouk

[live]
enable = ; 1 or 2 to enable live timing. If set to 1, data is sent through UDP packets ( more info: http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=233.0 ). If set to 2, data is written to a local file
port = ; the UDP port ( only used with "enable = 1" )
password = ;  ( only used with "enable = 1" )
file = ; the name of the file to write  ( only used with "enable = 2" )
track_position = ; 0 or 1. If set to 1, the track centerline and the position of all bikes are written, too ( only used with "enable = 2" )

Is it possible to add a full path for the file name so it's output where I want ? like
file = "C:\mylivetimingfile.txt"

teeds

Yes, used this myself last week.

PiBoSo

First post updated to add settings for "incremental" export and the filename prefix of results and replays.

PiBoSo

First post updated to:
- add settings for the automatic reset of the terrain deformation
- add information about the "restart_delay", that is now disabled when set to zero

Paulo Rodrigues | Motocross Plays

@Pib

Any possibilities to send commands to the server with TCP/UDP packets? and prepend an pwd to commands for basic security?

like:
/restart
/ban xxxxx
/kick xxxxx
/unban xxxxx
/startrace race-x
/cleartrack
/settrack xxxxxx
/setpassword xxxxx
/chat "lorem ipzum"
/chat playerId "lorem ipzum"
and more...
Specs:
- AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
- GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8GB
- 16GB DDR4 TeamGroup El
http://www.youtube.com/motocrossplays

PiBoSo

Quote from: Paulo Rodrigues on July 21, 2020, 12:25:57 AM@Pib

Any possibilities to send commands to the server with TCP/UDP packets? and prepend an pwd to commands for basic security?

like:
/restart
/ban xxxxx
/kick xxxxx
/unban xxxxx
/startrace race-x
/cleartrack
/settrack xxxxxx
/setpassword xxxxx
/chat "lorem ipzum"
and more...

Work is in progress on the "remote admin" feature.
It will be integrated in the next update of MX Bikes, beta15.

However, shouldn't the ban and kick options be allowed only for admins that are connected to the server and can see exactly what is going on?

teeds

Quote from: PiBoSo on July 21, 2020, 09:32:49 AMHowever, shouldn't the ban and kick options be allowed only for admins that are connected to the server and can see exactly what is going on?

Can a spectator issue admin commands? I'd assumed not but tbh never tried it as normal spectators can't call votes, if indeed not it would be handy in this scenario. Maybe a server admin could watch a stream too and might need to admin things from there.

Paulo Rodrigues | Motocross Plays

Quote from: PiBoSo on July 21, 2020, 09:32:49 AM

like:
/restart
/ban xxxxx
/kick xxxxx
/unban xxxxx
/startrace race-x
/cleartrack
/settrack xxxxxx
/setpassword xxxxx
/chat "lorem ipzum"
and more...

However, shouldn't the ban and kick options be allowed only for admins that are connected to the server and can see exactly what is going on?

hm... i think if some numbers of players call me outside MXB saying the server has a anti-game player i need to do something remotely, like kick or ban.

And another question:

Will be possible (or its possible) to create server plugins with r/w commands and events?
like:

onPlayerJoined(playerObj obj, others attr...)
onPlayerRunStart(playerObj obj, others attr...)
onPlayerQuit(playerObj obj, others attr...)
setPlayerName() // usefull if i need to create some roles and prepend some text in the player name while he is in the server (ex: [MOD] Player name, or [VIP] Player name)
setPlayerGate(player, gateNumber) // usefull if i need to create a custom race, x1 (two bikes turn based event), sudden dead
sendPlayerToSpec(player) // usefull if i need to create a custom race, x1 (two bikes turn based event), sudden dead
sendPlayerToGate(player, gateNumber) // usefull if i need to create a custom race, x1 (two bikes turn based event), sudden dead
blockPlayerRaceEntry(all or player) //
setEvent(eventType) //
broadcastMessage(player_NotRequired, message) //
Specs:
- AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
- GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8GB
- 16GB DDR4 TeamGroup El
http://www.youtube.com/motocrossplays

PiBoSo

Quote from: Paulo Rodrigues on July 22, 2020, 03:44:24 AM
Quote from: PiBoSo on July 21, 2020, 09:32:49 AM

like:
/restart
/ban xxxxx
/kick xxxxx
/unban xxxxx
/startrace race-x
/cleartrack
/settrack xxxxxx
/setpassword xxxxx
/chat "lorem ipzum"
and more...

hm... i think if some numbers of players call me outside MXB saying the server has a anti-game player i need to do something remotely, like kick or ban.

And another question:

Will be possible (or its possible) to create server plugins with r/w commands and events?
like:

onPlayerJoined(playerObj obj, others attr...)
onPlayerRunStart(playerObj obj, others attr...)
onPlayerQuit(playerObj obj, others attr...)
setPlayerName() // usefull if i need to create some roles and prepend some text in the player name while he is in the server (ex: [MOD] Player name, or [VIP] Player name)
setPlayerGate(player, gateNumber) // usefull if i need to create a custom race, x1 (two bikes turn based event), sudden dead
sendPlayerToSpec(player) // usefull if i need to create a custom race, x1 (two bikes turn based event), sudden dead
sendPlayerToGate(player, gateNumber) // usefull if i need to create a custom race, x1 (two bikes turn based event), sudden dead
blockPlayerRaceEntry(all or player) //
setEvent(eventType) //
broadcastMessage(player_NotRequired, message) //

Thank you for the requests.
Could you please give more info about the "onPlayer" commands?
Is "two bikes turn based event" straight rhythm?
What would be the use of "blockPlayerRaceEntry"?
Please note that it's not possible to change event type while the server is running, so "setEvent" cannot be implemented.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

July 28, 2020, 07:50:33 PM #88 Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 07:52:31 PM by 𝖙𝖋𝖈
Is it possible to host a server with reserved/VIP slots?

Would be great to have say a 30 man server, with 25 public slots and 5 reserved. A reserved slot would work so that only the person who's been assigned that slot can join it.

Is that or could it be possible?

PiBoSo

Quote from: 𝖙𝖋𝖈 on July 28, 2020, 07:50:33 PMIs it possible to host a server with reserved/VIP slots?

Would be great to have say a 30 man server, with 25 public slots and 5 reserved. A reserved slot would work so that only the person who's been assigned that slot can join it.

Is that or could it be possible?

At the moment it's not possible.
But the option can be added.