• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:16:12 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Kraken Berg Hare Scramble 2020 (aka Erzberg) - Update Nov 28, 2020

Started by Resolute Kraken, February 27, 2020, 09:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Resolute Kraken

February 27, 2020, 09:45:32 PM Last Edit: November 04, 2023, 07:52:05 PM by Resolute Kraken
Kraken Berg Hare Scramble (aka Erzberg)

Welcome to the Kraken Berg!  I love the Erzbergrodeo and other hard enduro type events.  I took it into my own hands to make an enduro track instead of waiting on one of the big gaming companies or some other modder to do it for me.  This track took me just over 7 months to complete.  I would estimate that I worked, on average, about 30 hours per week on it over that time - so it was pretty much like a second job for me.  While MX Bikes doesn't have perfect physics for hard enduro, and there are still some bugs in the game, I think that this is a great start and it will get even better. If you guys like this - let Piboso know so we can get more enhancements to the engine to support these large maps and enduro type riding.

Thanks again for trying out the Kraken Berg.  Please be sure to read all of the information below.

Current Status and TODO:
- Released version 1.0 - July 12, 2020
- Released 2020 final version - Nov 28, 2020

About:
- Course based on the 2019 edition of the real course.  Contains all checkpoints other than the one were they go out to the ski resort - that was too far out of the map boundaries to increase the map size.
- 3.6 km x 3.6 km
- 1300 meters elevation change
- Most of the course is very close to 1:1 scale.  I was working from old satellite data so not everything is perfect and there are some areas that aren't as steep or long as the real location.
- final course is over 40 km long
- 4K height-map
- Initial height-map work done in World Creator 2
- Detailed work done in L3DT
- Objects done in Blender. Object texturing done with Substance Painter and Photoshop

Riding Tips:
  • Use track marker if in testing mode to set you back to where you want for testing sections and lines.
  • Use separate brakes - combined brakes makes the rear lock up and you can't control as well when going down hill - or adjust the strength of your back brakes if using combined.
  • Use 20mm on front brake setting.
  • You can lock up back brakes and counter lean if the bike starts swinging one way down the hill.
  • Use first gear on downhills, blip throttle to get engine braking back if you lock up the back brakes and auto-clutch engages.
  • Try standing or sitting on different hills with different gear selection
  • Full throttle doesn't always work the best when going up hills
  • Speed wobbles on hills usually happen when front end gets light and it is off camber - try different things to combat this until physics are better - slow down, find better line, lean forward or try to tap brakes before front end gets too light.
  • Stuck in a tree or rock?  Use the long reset until you get out.  If you see someone stuck in an object, DO NOT GET STUCK YOURSELF or you will both be stuck and get the "Track Not Clear" message forever.
  • A full lap will only count if you cross the splits at CP9 and CP18.  There are over 450 checkpoints on the centerline to check for course cutting.  Stay within the flagging, stay on the trails, stay within the rock gardens and you will probably not have a hard time avoiding penalties.  Penalties are severe - miss an actual flagged checkpoint and that will be a 10 minute penalty.  Missing checkpoints on the centerline will gain you 30 or 60 second penalties for each one missed (you can't see them so stay on the trail).
  • Did you remember to top off the fuel tank?

Known Issues:
  • Texture and mask draw in is bad - this is just how the game engine is - hopefully Piboso can fix someday.
  • Texture flickering/z-fighting - the size of this map seems to make z-fighting really bad, especially where objects contact the terrain or faces are close together.  The numbers on the rider's jersey even flicker
  • Physics on rock objects are not great - have to use WLLCONC because TRK object physics are not correct - will hopefully be fixed someday and we'll be able to do more harder rock obstacles.
  • No support of true point-to-point courses with open centerlines.  Hopefully this will be fixed someday - currently have to continue course on after the enduro-cross arena back to the start area to finish the lap.
  • 3D grass performance - there is no 3D grass on this map as it takes too long to build with it, and performance was really bad when tested
  • Rider should dab more with both feet with obstacles like rocks.

PLEASE READ:
You may not have a good enough system to run this map - I do not apologize.  So don't complain if you can't run it - save some money and upgrade your system.  Or complain to PiBoSo to add some more features such as LOD for track objects and other performance enhancing features.

If you are getting bad FPS, first thing to try is lowering your draw distance.  If that doesn't work, then you can turn down texture quality and all of the other settings.

MAX HUD:
Max HUD has been updated for performance issues - if you still have poor performance follow these instructions --> Max HUD affects performance on this map - if you are using AMD cards or lower spec Nvidia cards then uninstall Max HUD and check your performance - you can simply rename the max hud plug-in with file extension ".bak" so it will not load.  You can then change it back to enable for other tracks.

Post your system specs and performance once you do try it and I'll add to the list below to help others know if they can run it smoothly or not.

Tested GPU Performance:

• GTX 660Ti | 30-60 FPS on all low settings
  • RX 460 | 40 - 80 FPS - Min settings with Max HUD uninstalled
  • RX 560 | 40 - 80 FPS - Max settings with Max HUD uninstalled
  • GTX 1070 | 70 - 120 FPS on medium draw distance, 2x anti-aliasing
  • GTX 1080 | 100+ FPS - All high settings
  • RTX 2060 Super | 130 - 160 FPS - All high settings
  • RTX 2070 Super | 130 - 160 FPS - All high settings

Are you a YouTuber?
If you want to make a video with commentary on this track, why don't you contact me before hand so you can get some facts about it so you don't ramble on with conjecture about how things were done or why.

Donate to the Track Building Fund
If you enjoyed playing this map feel free to contribute a donation!  You are not obligated to give any modder anything but a thank you - but if you would like to send me something to put towards the next custom track that I do it would be appreciated.

CLICK HERE TO DONATE

Download:
Mega
MediaFire

PLEASE READ THE README FILE!!!

Kraken Berg | CP25 to Finish Gameplay

Kraken Berg | CP23 to CP25 Gameplay

Kraken Berg | CP18 to CP23 Gameplay

Kraken Berg | CP16 to CP18 Gameplay

Kraken Berg | CP13 to CP16 Gameplay

Kraken Berg | CP10 to CP13 Gameplay

Kraken Berg | CP8 to CP10 Gameplay

Kraken Berg | CP6 to CP8 Gameplay

Kraken Berg | CP4 to CP6 Gameplay

Kraken Berg | CP2 to CP4 Gameplay

Kraken Berg | Start to CP2 Gameplay

Reveal Trailer:

- DoluTattoo - building models and textures
- Danky - building models and textures
- TFC for advice and tutorials
- Niko for assets and tutorials
- GioPanda for assets
- Ruubs, GreenLennux, JayRobbo, OkWes for testing and enduro enthusiasm
- iNsane for testing and getting Enduro bikes ready!

Niko Mouk

Hey ! If you like my work, you can 💰 donate on Paypal, thank you !

Sparky783

LastFriday

fridgedollar

hell ya! this is going to be amazing and hopefully opens to door to even more enduro tracks

teeds

February 28, 2020, 10:03:37 AM #5 Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 09:42:51 PM by teeds
This is gonna be Epic!  Nice work.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

iNsane

I'm so stoked. Can't wait for the release!

🌐 MX Bikes custom content
MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

Dat450fas

Exact track I wanted in the game! I cant wait to try it!

KL4U55

Oh boy cant wait to meet it in June!

jtrs_61

MaRc

Resolute Kraken

Updated first post with First Look Trailer video.  Work continues!

Vilas

StoneRider

it's gonna be so fun ! amazing project man