• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:21:37 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Show us a whip please.

Started by Reaper, May 11, 2014, 09:37:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reaper

Sure. But did you actually read what I posted? With the majority of the gaming community being kids, anyone that has the knowledge and know how to create a game should know better. That isn't what I was getting at to begin with. All I said is that if it was me, I would want the word to spread. Instead, a smart ass comment, just like the MXS community(kids)

onlyonetone

Quote from: Reaper on May 14, 2014, 01:07:34 AM
Sure. But did you actually read what I posted? With the majority of the gaming community being kids, anyone that has the knowledge and know how to create a game should know better. That isn't what I was getting at to begin with. All I said is that if it was me, I would want the word to spread. Instead, a smart ass comment, just like the MXS community(kids)

The person who made the comment is the developer, not some kid.

Reaper

Oh god. To break it down for some people. Here ya go.

1. The majority of the gaming community are kids.
2. Therefore, the creator of the game should know better to post screenshots of something that they don't want spreading around knowing the community
    are kids.
3. Yet, he still had to post he comment which was uncalled for after me asking him if I can help advertise his game on my website.
4. Direct PM message from Piboso    ---->    Feel free to post MX Bikes news on your website.
5. That is why I was talking about what the big deal was for spreading a few pictures around.(If he told me it was ok, didn't think it mattered for others)
6. I was thinking that he would want the word to get out after him giving me the go ahead to post Mx Bikes news on my website.
7. And yes, I realize the comment came from the developer, which makes me think of JLV comments and his MXS forums community.

wattdigger

Why are we still arguing? This thread is useless, if you want to see a whip, go check the dev forums you lazy bum. And guys, why do we have to argue? If you keep the arguing going yourself, then you too are a kid. Be the bigger person and ignore them. Now, i say we stop all of this non needed arguing and start getting hyped up for this amazing piece of art called MX Bikes

Reaper

Lazy bum about what, looking for a whip pic? Lol. That isn't why things got off topic. Read the whole thread before calling someone a lazy bum.
It doesn't matter, these forums will turn into MXS forum highschool girl drama situations sooner or later, and I want no part in it. I'm out.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Reaper on May 14, 2014, 04:35:06 AM
Oh god. To break it down for some people. Here ya go.

4. Direct PM message from Piboso    ---->    Feel free to post MX Bikes news on your website.

News ( and public videos ) is not the same as private screenshots, though.

MXK_cdub85

Quote from: Reaper on May 14, 2014, 05:23:43 AMI want no part in it. I'm out.

Good riddance you negative nancy. How can a comment get you so butthurt? Go spin some laps on MvA to clear your head buddy, you're becoming a toxic personality here already. Every single post has been negative or trying to be manipulative/passive aggressive. Must be all the stress of figuring out how to keep your sweet site up and running huh?  You are being exactly like what you hate from the mxs community. Have a look in the mirror.

ChrisK

Omg did u realy post a pm on the forum.....

wattdigger

My comment wasn't even intended to make him mad, or leave for that matter. :-[

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Quote from: RiccoChicco on May 14, 2014, 12:35:19 AM
PiBoSo asked to not share screenshots, nothing more. Why do it then?

Doing things like that will just make devs (PiBoSo and Snappe) post very few previews instead of giving the opportunity to see what will come in future...

how about a password private forum for trusted people  ::)

JohnnyMac

How about slapping on a "pre-alpha" watermark over the dang images and posting them like a normal human instead of acting like this is the NSA. Most indie game devs, especially ones who enjoy community envolvement, are proud of showing off the progress of a game. Kid asks a simple question and everyone goes nuts...the heat and full moon are in full affect lol.

MxManiacsXtrem

Quote from: JohnnyMac on May 14, 2014, 07:36:21 PM
How about slapping on a "pre-alpha" watermark over the dang images and posting them like a normal human instead of acting like this is the NSA. Most indie game devs, especially ones who enjoy community envolvement, are proud of showing off the progress of a game. Kid asks a simple question and everyone goes nuts...the heat and full moon are in full affect lol.

What's with referring to every poster on the internet as a "Kid" ?    Reaper's 33 years old....  lol      Thanks for the back support Johnny for what its worth.

Most game development companies or individuals for that matter would use an NDA that had to be agreed to before you could access the forum.   This was not the case here so Don't be surprised if the photos are all over the net by now.   For those of you unfamiliar with beta testing an NDA or Non Disclosure Agreement pretty much says any content you view in said forums is under ownership of said game developer and may not be shared without the full consent of the developer.    This was not the case here in MX-Bikes so PiBoSo is lucky his screenshots aren't all over the place by now.    Reaper never said he wanted to spread them around.. he only asked for a screenshot of the infamous "whip" and the response he got from both the developer and the fledgling community here was pretty piss poor.     I think everyone needs to take a step back...  drink a beer....  toke... whatever you do to mellow out.... and mellow the hell out.   

We all want the same thing here... a good MX game.

MotoRogers499

uollie

I don't know if it's really possible to have a "mature" community when it involves MX unfortunately :P Yeah there's a handful of good people here already but MX in general just seems to attract younger people by the swarms. Not to say anything bad about anyone, either. If only people showed their "track etiquette" on the forums this place would be awesome. I remember when I was real young at the track and my bike ran out of fuel on the track and an older guy came up to me with his fuel jug and generously filled me up so I could continue riding.

Or just go to the GP bikes forums. That place is nice guy haven over there. They help you out, google stuff for you, massage your shoulders and even say good-bye before you close your browser.