• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:31:51 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Surface Material List?

Started by TonySpinelli, February 23, 2020, 07:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonySpinelli

I tried searching the forums but had no luck, i was wondering if anyone had the full list of materials the game recognizes? I've seen sand, soft soil, soil,etc. I was also wondering what the parameters are for traction's and such with these and if there is any way to make custom changes to the traction and how the surface deforms as well. Unless it is all "locked" and we just pick a material.

Snappe

Added the info to the docs:
docs.piboso.com/wiki/index.php?title=MXB_Track_Creation_Guide#Material_Layers

It's not possible to add your own materials, however we will be adding some more in the future

Big Smooth one3

Quote from: Snappe on February 24, 2020, 02:54:03 PMAdded the info to the docs:
docs.piboso.com/wiki/index.php?title=MXB_Track_Creation_Guide#Material_Layers

It's not possible to add your own materials, however we will be adding some more in the future
Thank you for adding to the wiki. In addition to the listing of materials, is there a resource available which provides information on how those materials effect traction performance? I think some/most are evident, obviously, but it would be great to see the actual values or an explanation of how each differs in terms of traction and/or other areas of in-game performance.

Resolute Kraken

Agree, more details on each surface are needed.  Do any such as sand add "drag" to the tires to slow it down?  Also, isn't Asphalt a valid material?

rainey06au

Resolute Kraken, the materials listed here are for surface layers that are deformable.  As far as I can see Asphalt is a valid material for an object but not an environment surface layer.

Ruubs

Quote from: rainey06au on February 29, 2020, 02:34:57 PMResolute Kraken, the materials listed here are for surface layers that are deformable.  As far as I can see Asphalt is a valid material for an object but not an environment surface layer.
Asphalt was a surface layer in the earlier betas. Deformation was a problem, but if you used the material on a completely black heightmap, you wouldn't get any deformation.