• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:29:23 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Jumping the gate

Started by Nicky Locke, January 04, 2020, 01:45:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicky Locke

Sorry if this has already been touched on...

It would be nice for people to get stuck on the gate if they jump like in real like instead of getting disqualified. Them getting disqualified gets frustrating because it leads to numerous restarts and a 6 lap race takes an hour to complete. Thank you

Resolute Kraken

I agree, even Milestone has some for of this with a slight delay penalty when you hit the gate early.  I would make the rider backup the bike for the gate to drop then they can go.

Nicky Locke

Quote from: Resolute Kraken on January 18, 2020, 04:14:13 AMI agree, even Milestone has some for of this with a slight delay penalty when you hit the gate early.  I would make the rider backup the bike for the gate to drop then they can go.

Exactly, like you would IRL. I think it would make for less restarts and better racing. It seems like a lobby will lose close to half of the people because they get disqualified for jumping to early

Ruubs

I completely agree.
Keep the jump start DQ for too much left/right movement but remove it for forward movement. We should get stuck in the gate (so the gate of the player stuck in it won't fall down until the player backs up to give the gate space to fall).

Resolute Kraken

Looks like we might have something in the dev log!

* MXB: improved the jump start detection to allow the bike to "bite" the start gate

Nicky Locke