• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:04:31 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

First Person Camera

Started by Morin, April 05, 2020, 10:14:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morin

With all the spamming going on in the MXB discord, I wanted to post my suggestion/feedback in here. The first person camera in Beta 14 (I personally feel) should be fixed. The camera is facing forward all the time and doesn't move with the rider anymore. Is it good with some situations? Yes. I can't really tell what the rear of bike is doing anymore. With Beta 13, the camera would move side to side with rider and I could see when my back end was coming out from under me, now I don't know until I'm completely sideways. I'd like to see the first person camera brought back from Beta 13 personally, or somehow mix both Beta 13 and 14 together (if that's even possible)

I love everything else about beta 14. Awesome job Piboso!

Resolute Kraken

You can turn this off, simply go to Settings-->Simulation--> and check the "Lock to Bike" box.  That will make the first person view exactly like it was in B13.

Morin

Quote from: Resolute Kraken on April 05, 2020, 10:23:39 PMYou can turn this off, simply go to Settings-->Simulation--> and check the "Lock to Bike" box.  That will make the first person view exactly like it was in B13.
I'm so stupid it hurts, thank you so much. Now if only i can remember what my camera settings were lmao.

holtergeist

April 06, 2020, 12:50:47 AM #3 Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 12:56:50 AM by holtergeist
i understand and enjoy the new FPV cam aspects and how you can turn it off to go back to the way it was before. one part that i think can be tweaked is how the rider begins to look downward as the bike drops back down to land. it seems the higher the front end is, the lower the rider drops his head and looks downward. see my vid for an example. otherwise, i think its a great improvement.

the more i play, i may change my mind on this, and maybe leaning forward while landing will help. maybe i will learn how not to make this happen. but for now, it is my suggestion
"hole-shot, pin-it, knock everybody down, go through the second corner, come out in front" -TP199