• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:16:45 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

OEM pack - Master Thread - MegaBraap! (v0.15.1)

Started by Asdrael, November 05, 2017, 09:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel-_-

Hi

J have some problems installing the pack I have copied folders in the zip to:

Document
 <piboso
   <MX Bikes
     <mods
       <bikes

But when I launch the game none of them show up does anybody know the issue?

teeds

Post a pic of your bikes folder contents and inside one of the bike folders, can tell if you have the right stuff and if it's in the right place then.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

iNsane

Quote from: Daniel-_- on March 15, 2020, 11:05:40 AMHi

J have some problems installing the pack I have copied folders in the zip to:

Document
 <piboso
   <MX Bikes
     <mods
       <bikes

But when I launch the game none of them show up does anybody know the issue?

make sure you've downloaded and unzipped the FULL pack (+1gb or something), and not the little MB update one.

🌐 MX Bikes custom content
MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

jtrs_61

"beta 14 not ready yet"  help a layman out... i can ride OEMs in world race still even after updating to b14... does this mean the OEM bikes dont use the new physics?

Asdrael

The OEM technically work but do not use b14 "physics". So they will get updated, I am done figuring out what changes need to be made where, now I have to implement and test them.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

clw1115934

Thanks for all your work Asdrael, I'm sure you're getting bombarded right now so I sent you a lil something via paypal for all your mods I've used in the past.

Asdrael

Thanks a lot, I appreciate it :)

Still making progress on the new pack!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

jtrs_61

makes sense, thanks for your response as well as all the cool stuff you've done and are doing for this community! all yall!

Waffle

Are pay2021's bikes going to be apart of the oem packs this time?

hvpmvp

Quote from: Waffle on April 12, 2020, 12:44:45 AMAre pay2021's bikes going to be apart of the oem packs this time?
Probably not, the models he uses are ripped from the mxgp games which is usually not allowed
Modeler

IGawesome2

iNsane

🌐 MX Bikes custom content
MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

Asdrael

May 03, 2020, 10:44:25 PM #267 Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 10:53:30 PM by Asdrael
07.11.2019 OEM v0.14.1 - 2020

Sorry it took a bit of extra time, but this pack is not just an update of the bikes that were already released but a massive change in over half the pack. As this was a large undertaking, with a massive move toward 2020 line-up and custom suspensions amongst other things let me get this out of the way: I didn't do it alone and you have to thank in particular this time around:
  • philiaN for organizing everything and enabling many model updates
  • iNsane for importing, animating and covering in mud the new bikes
  • Vortex_Damien for the new Husky and KTM models
  • Ruubs for the KX model
  • LC Création on Discord for the TM model
  • Stonerider for his work on (re)skinning most of the bikes
  • Tjark on Discord for the Gas gas and the Husky paints
  • Shack on Discord for amazing input on suspensions and discussions on the topic! We own that guy a big one when it comes to bike handling.
  • All the other modders who made, imported, worked on some magic for the previous models we still use like TFC, RC, as well as ExtremeManiac and Benji on the MXS forums
  • And of course, all the people who gave feedback, helped, and even donated to the OEM project!

Please take your time to read the whole post! It's a 2 gigs DL, so don't tell me you don't have time...

Installation instruction

If you can read:
New users: DELETE PREVIOUS OEM BIKES download and unzip into your mods folder. That's it.
Download this pack from MEGA.NZ or MediaFire . 2Gb so take your time. DELETE ALL PREVIOUS OEM BIKES. Unzip and put in your /bikes folder in your mods directory, which you can find in C:\Users\UserName\Documents\PiBoSo\MX Bikes\mods. It contains all the OEM bikes released so far, updated for Beta14. Careful: those bikes are all unpacked (not in .pkz) because otherwise I always mess the updates up. The bikes can then be found in game in their own category: MX1 OEM and MX2 OEM for four strokes, MX1-2t OEM and MX2-2t OEM for 2 strokes. (server hosts: don't forget to enable those categories or put the server to Open if you want to allow those bikes).

If you cannot read and have the attention span of a dead octopus:
YouTube tutorial

What's inside?
The pack currently contains 29 bikes, all original models that received the OEM treatment. This means that every single bike uses values and specs in accordance to their real life equivalent, as far as I could find them or extract them from pictures and reviews. This is valid for the geometry (wheelbase, rake angle...) and the engine (gear ratios, HP curve...). So each bike is unique – try them all!

• Alta MX and MXR 2018
  • Honda CR 125 and 250 1996, CRF 250 and 450 2020
  • Husqvarna TC 125 and 250 2020, FC 250, 350 and 450 2020
  • Kawasaki KX(F) 250 and 450
  • KTM 125, 150 and 250 SX 2020, 250, 350 and 450 SX-F 2020
  • Suzuki RM 125 and 250 2003, RMZ 250 and 450 2020
  • TM 250 and 450 MX Fi 2020
  • Yamaha: YZ 125 and YZ 250 2017, YZF 250 and 450

Significant changes this version
    • All suspensions values are now specific for OEM (Thanks again Shack). Should see less bottoming out and washing out compared to stock. FEEDBACK NEEDED, but keep in mind there is some set of values for all bikes that have been custom made for "intermediate rider on an average bike" (see below for more info).
    • Engine braking tuned
    • 250 2 strokes "power style" changed to be more brutal feeling
    • All other values updated to b14 values
    • Particular attention has been given to make all 250f competitive to one another through a little bit (less than 5%) of engine tuning. Hopefully they are! All other categories are as they should be according to released dynos
    All bikes come with stock sounds (+no pop mod). I would strongly recommend looking at our friend lBEYERl's sound mods database[/url] if you want something custom.

Random setup advice
    • Four strokes have 3 engine maps each. Stock, low meaning more hp in the low end, and high, the opposite.
    • Stock suspensions are tuned with "MXA race test" values. In game, a good starting point is 30/60 sag front and 35/105-110 sag rear.
    • Fork offset and rear axle position can make a huge difference in handling.
    • Some bikes wash out more easily than others when braking. This is due to geometry and suspension difference. Try making the fork softer and/or increasing front brake travel to 20mm.
    • Some bikes are very "soft" stock (cough KTM), some are very "stiff" (cough Kawi). This is a by-product of manufacturer specs, and the fact that I frankly couldn't be arsed to custom build suspension dampening curves for all bikes. So play with the setup.

PSD template to come soon as a bundle!

[/list][/list]
    OEM bikes pack
    MXBikes Discord

fridgedollar

hell ya, thanks asdrael and all who helped on this for the update. cant wait to rip these KTMs

Xeaxu

THANK YOU SO MUCH, TIME TO GRIND AGAIN