• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:22:13 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

pay2021 skins on oem bikes

Started by warking34, May 05, 2020, 05:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

warking34

hey
is it possible to run pay2021 skins on oem bike?
The pay2021 skins look awesome but i like the handling on the oems a lot better.
(Btw) why do the bikes feel so different?

tjark_boettcher

Since the skins are made by Milestone and not Pay2021 and the models are a bit better than we have
i have no idea if its gonna fit, most likely they dont. But try it.
18 y/o
🌎🇩🇪

iNsane

🌐 MX Bikes custom content
MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

Ruubs

Like the guys above me said, pay2021's models are stolen from other games. These games pay professional 3D artists to get the best looking bikes. Pay simply stole them and imported it in MXB. OEM models are all made by hobbyist 3D artists from the community. That also means that the liveries from pay 'his' models aren't interchangable.

The reason why pay's mods don't handle as good is because he hasn't spend nearly as much time on setting all bikes up properly as Asdrael did for the OEMs. Every OEM bike is made to replicate a real bike as good as possible, from the amount of engine braking to the position and amount of fuel that goes in a bike. There's a lot that goes into making the OEMs as good as they are, hence why we usually have to wait long for bigger updates.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

May 05, 2020, 06:21:12 PM #4 Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 06:23:31 PM by 𝖙𝖋𝖈
OEM's are 100% made by modders with passion who spent a huge amount of time both modelling and setting up engines and geometry to give the community some fantastic and competitive bike choices. I seriously doubt many people have an ounce of an idea of how much work goes into bikes.

Oh and these are given away for free. Not sold. No one asks for money.

Then you have someone who rips a model out a game and copies the stock MSM engine and does a rough 'it looks right' geometry.

I know which bikes I'd rather use and support.

warking34

thanks for the answers, I already thought so!
I really respect the huge amount of work these guys do for our community and make the game a much better experience.
You really feel that the oems are much more realistic and that every model feels different.
I really like the soaring eagle rmz or stewarts kx look but you're 100% right.

WestSideWill763

Quote from: warking34 on May 05, 2020, 11:30:39 PMthanks for the answers, I already thought so!
I really respect the huge amount of work these guys do for our community and make the game a much better experience.
You really feel that the oems are much more realistic and that every model feels different.
I really like the soaring eagle rmz or stewarts kx look but you're 100% right.

theres already a soaring eagle paint out that's not pays that fits just fine and a couple kx skins made for the rm so you can kinda play with that if u want a kx stewart paint

pay2021

May 06, 2020, 04:21:44 PM #7 Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 04:35:42 PM by pay2021
Quote from: tjark_boettcher on May 05, 2020, 06:01:27 PMSince the skins are made by Milestone and not Pay2021 and the models are a bit better than we have
i have no idea if its gonna fit, most likely they dont. But try it.

Skin are made by me, never was a Soaring Eagle in MXGP games, common sense please. here you can see

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtmsKA2gAsc

a complete skin pack for MXGP2 (2016) 30 skins draw at hand witohut template, since the RMZ is from MXP2 i use my skin

My bikes handle like any person can do it since im just one guy, not a team making only physics, is 2+2

And about the ripped bikes i understand the ripped thing but i dont understand why EVERYONE uses helmets and boots ripped but not the bikes, some says the OEM have physics and my conversions bikes are just cosmetic, they dont, i spend time doing my physics, but as i said, im just one guy, not a team.

Look for yourself @warking34

From now on, you must hear the two bells

I see a lot of double standards and a lot of ego in the "most important" members here. I'll be back with the kids from SX and MXGP. They are more authentic and not so selfish.

iNsane

May 06, 2020, 04:35:11 PM #8 Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 06:44:29 PM by iNsane | WW
I've explained myself several times about those imports and we both talked together.

Say selfish again after I politely recommended to you to not release ripped bikes, after I've helped you with stuff because I'm everything else than selfish. You've f*ked up not us.

Also I've explained that ripped bikes cause online issues because you're forced to have them installed in order to play on certain servers, you've caused for a lot of trouble. Gear/Rider cosmetics are not necessary for online play. I could've guided you through steps to make your models cosmetics only, too. Then we wouldn't have all this trouble.

And yet I've credited original authors which you have not. Also now stealing sound mods made by a Player without any credit, great work dude.

Btw, the only one doing physics for OEM bikes is Asdrael.

MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

Asdrael

May 06, 2020, 04:38:12 PM #9 Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 04:41:24 PM by Asdrael
Quote from: pay2021 on May 06, 2020, 04:21:44 PMMy bikes handle like any person can do it since im just one guy, not a team making only physics, is 2+2

And about the ripped bikes i understand the ripped thing but i dont understand why EVERYONE uses helmets and boots ripped but not the bikes, some says the OEM have physics and my conversions bikes are just cosmetic, they dont, i spend time doing my physics, but as i said, im just one guy, not a team.

I was always the only person doing physics on the OEM and have always been. This time around, I got some help from Shack for suspension dampening value profiles as we were both working on it and ended up with similar profiles, and ultimately I made an average of both more or less.

About the part I put in bold - you must be a pretty slow guy. I was repeatedly told to look at your files, always avoided it. I just caved in and had a look today. This is what you do:
- change 2 values in the MSM dyno by 1 hp. Example https://gyazo.com/fd05bf90e7c356dbf86cbe7acef16a83
- copy the rake angle from my files, as the only ones I didn't make public are wrong in your pack proving you can't even get those values correct.
- slap the model on the MSM geom and move the wheels to align the axle. All suspension travel, pivot points, length etc are the same, except those attached to the swingarm that you had to move a tad to align the model. Protip: When you change the rake angle and not touch anything else on the front end, you fuck up all the front end values.
- don't touch anything in the MSM cfg beside the name, hell you even keep Piboso comment lines in them (lol).

What makes me sad is that I published an entire walkthrough on how to make proper bikes in this very forum. But I guess your way is the easy way, and you take pride in having likes on a facebook page and deleting comments against you there instead of making an effort and attempting to learn something. Which is why I mock rippers like you. On top of that, you now steal other modders work (such as Beyer's) and diffuse it, which further than deserving mockery, deserves shame.

TL:DR: lulz.

PS: nice adds Insane LOL
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

pay2021

Quote from: iNsane | WW on May 06, 2020, 04:35:11 PMI've explained myself several times about those imports and we both talked together.

Say selfish again after I politely recommended to you to not release ripped bikes, after I've helped you with stuff because everything else than selfish. You've f*ked up not us.

And yet I've credited original authors which you have not. Also now stealing sound mods made by a Player without any credit, great work dude.

Btw, the only one doing physics for OEM bikes is Asdrael.

I knew you were going to get away with it, so predictable

I take the sound from GDUB PUBLIC FOLDER, see for yourself

from here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtNsZxWQXss&t

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=8B09619328229236%21116&cid=8B09619328229236

But is ok, i gonna take out.

One is supposed to publish skins, sounds, ui, to improve the game, not to restrict it, good job on doing it.

Dont worry, you dont gonna see me again, still i respect you.

pay2021

May 06, 2020, 04:44:57 PM #11 Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 04:57:59 PM by pay2021
Quote from: Asdrael on May 06, 2020, 04:38:12 PM
Quote from: pay2021 on May 06, 2020, 04:21:44 PMMy bikes handle like any person can do it since im just one guy, not a team making only physics, is 2+2

I was always the only person doing physics on the OEM and have always been. This time around, I got some help from Shack for suspension dampening value profiles as we were both working on it and ended up with similar profiles, and ultimately I made an average of both more or less.

About the part I put in bold - you must be a pretty slow guy. I was repeatedly told to look at your files, always avoided it. I just caved in and had a look today. This is what you do:
- change 2 values in the MSM dyno by 1 hp. Example https://gyazo.com/fd05bf90e7c356dbf86cbe7acef16a83
- copy the rake angle from my files, as the only ones I didn't make public are wrong in your pack proving you can't even get those values correct.
- slap the model on the MSM geom and move the wheels to align the axle. All suspension travel, pivot points, length etc are the same, except those attached to the swingarm that you had to move a tad to align the model. Protip: When you change the rake angle and not touch anything else on the front end, you fuck up all the front end values.
- don't touch anything in the MSM cfg beside the name, hell you even keep Piboso comment lines in them (lol).

What makes me sad is that I published an entire walkthrough on how to make proper bikes in this very forum. But I guess your way is the easy way, and you take pride in having likes on a facebook page and deleting comments against you there instead of making an effort and attempting to learn something. Which is why I mock rippers like you. On top of that, you now steal other modders work (such as Beyer's) and diffuse it, which further than deserving mockery, deserves shame.

TL:DR: lulz.

PS: nice adds Insane LOL

I follow your tutorial, wich is amazing, rake angles are publish in every bike spec.

https://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcycles/2020/2020-yamaha-yz250f/

Still, im not, i doubt someone can be good as you in physics department so attacking me from that side is unfair.

It is clear that you do not want me, you do not have to do it, but defame me?

I don't like fighting or arguing but I can't stand idly by, anyway, spare yourself the words, I don't want to bother you or anyone else, don't worry I'll put down whatever it takes not to hurt you

iNsane

May 06, 2020, 04:59:54 PM #12 Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 06:12:06 PM by iNsane | WW
Quote from: pay2021 on May 06, 2020, 04:41:53 PMOne is supposed to publish skins, sounds, ui, to improve the game, not to restrict it, good job on doing it.

Dont worry, you dont gonna see me again, still i respect you.

Don't get me wrong, my aim is not to get rid of you.

All those moddable stuff you've said is not neccessary for online play. Your bikes are, as soon as someone hosts a server with them. And this is causing massive issues and questions "why can't I join, where do I get this pack" and so on. I could've guided you to make your models cosmetic only for already available bikes and make them fit 100%, but since you've given a massive sh*t on my request to you to not release whole bikes, don't expect my help anymore.

You've done great stuff to the game such as all your paints. I wouldn't have helped you if I knew you're going to massively screw up. I've seen your potential and everything you've published is a great addition to the game. It was just about those bikes.

edit:
Quote from: pay2021 on May 06, 2020, 04:41:53 PMI take the sound from GDUB PUBLIC FOLDER, see for yourself

from here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtNsZxWQXss&t

Yes it was in GDUB's public folder. But atleast he credited him properly, which you have not.

MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

pay2021

I repeat, I'll put down whatever it takes not to hurt you, accept my apologies but dude, put in my shoes i spend hours converting the bikes, painted them, doing my physics
and i just get attacks, is not fair, im not bin laden dude.

Can you forget this? can we start from zero? i gonna take down everything.

Ruubs

First of all, the sound mods are from Beyer, not from GDUBMX. GDUBMX is simply sharing them with permission from Beyer.

Secondly, if you'd done any research or had been part of this community for a longer time, you'd known we've had lots of discussions about ripped content before. I for one do not condone any rips.

Thirdly, the images you provided, which shows ripped helmets and boots, are from mods which were released before Mx Bikes got a big audience, thus things not having to be as strict as they have to be now. Back when they were released there were maybe a total of 10 - 20 active players. Due to today's higher player counts, we need to keep everything under control and do it the way PiBoSo wants it. PiBoSo has clearly stated he doesn't want to see any ripped content.

Surely there are mods that we won't notice, but we try our best to keep ripped content away from MXB as much as we can.

Using examples of old mods doesn't make what you do right.

Then again, when I was a 10 year old kid, I wanted to design my own bikes. I had no idea how people did this, and I couldn't speak a word English. I did what I thought everyone did and that was to edit an existing bike, without knowing that was the wrong thing to do. Fortunately I quickly learned how to make legit bikes and I make my own games these days. What I am trying to say by this is, if there is a kid who makes his first every bike by using someone else's as a start, and he doesn't know it's not the right thing to do, we need to explain why he's not supposed to do it that way, and we should teach him how he can make his own from scratch. We shouldn't be the ones blaming a kid for not knowing how to make his own bike.

You on the other hand, you are surely older than 10 years old and should know what the right thing is.