• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:51:54 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MX Bikes Server Configurator v0.9a

Started by iNsane, July 15, 2019, 10:37:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iNsane

July 15, 2019, 10:37:26 PM Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 03:33:58 AM by iNsane | WW Reason: Update 0.9a

Hello and welcome to the MX Bikes Server Configurator!
This tool aims at making life easier and having a GUI to create server configs easily and fast.

How to use it:
1. Open the app
2. Select your mxbikes.exe
3. Either click on "New Config" and select where to save it, or Browse for an existing one.
4. The button "New Config" changes to "Copy Config", where you can select a new filename and after pressing save, the same settings will be used for the new Config.
5. Change what you want.
6. After you finished setting up the server, hit the Save button and the config has been stored.

Credits:
Thanks to Cody for his help with the targa code!
Thanks to Resolute Kraken who helped me to access the pkz files again!

Head over to http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=197.0 to setup a dedicated server.

Update History

v0.1:
initial release

08/08/19 - v0.2:
fix: mod tracks were not found if mod location is default (My Documents).
add: capped the MOTD length. There are not more than 149 characters allowed.

05/07/20 - v0.3:
disabled: track images (to save resources during tests, had some trouble, will fix in later release)
add: you can now set up to 3 tracks for a server
modified: dropdowns (so you can easily open the dropdown menu and select the value)
modified: track selections are a dropdown now, too. It will read your mxbikes.exe mxbikes.ini and list all tracks from your mods folder and tracks.pkz
modified: you can now either type in allowed categories into the textbox, or you tick them in the checkboxes. This is really buggy currently, sometimes you need to tick one category to be able to untick/remove another one. Kept this at first.

05/08/20 - v0.4:
basically same bugs as v0.3, but:
fix: PKZs are now included in the three dropdown menus for tracks (thanks to Kraken!*)
fix: bandwidth was 0-3, now there's 0-4 (very low - very high)
add: enduro category

tip: if something's not working, please re-select the mxbikes.exe and take a look at the message. If it says it uses the stock mod folder (which is documents) but you have added a custom mod path (global.ini) - you might move the mods= line from global.ini to the mxbikes.ini in the MX Bikes installlation folder

05/11/20 - v0.5:
fix: Now using a logic to identify the modpath (if closed with \ or not) - this should now enable the documents/standard mods path way instead of inserting the documents mods path into the ini with [mods] folder=
fix: the tool checks the mxbikes.ini first, if there's no mod folder entry, it'll check the global.ini in documents (recommended to use), if still empty, it'll use the standard path (documents).
fix: The categories are now being read and unchecked/checked once a configuration has been loaded
(don't check/uncheck too fast, it might not recognize it then)
add: 7 more Track groups - now a total of 10 tracks can be set
add: each track group has a "X" (clear) and a Random button, to either clear the track (disable it) or randomly choose a track by the ones that are recognized and inside the dropdowns
add: master "Randomize" and "Clear" buttons
add: all new values (export - prefix, incremental; replay - prefix; live - file, track_position; polls - disable_during_races; deformation - auto_reset)

10/28/20 - v0.8:
I've not logged the changes I did between v0.5 and v0.8 so that's what I have in my mind with what I definitely done recently:
modified: various changes to the GUI
disabled: track preview
fixed: crash if mod folder not found
fixed: I think I fixed various stuff between 0.5 and 0.8
add: all new dedicated server values as of recent release of beta 15 (10/27/20)

11/03/20 - v0.9:
Obviously there was a little bug in the last version that skipped the "read mod path" thing. Guess what:
fix: mod tracks not being recognized anymore
NOTE: added a new default server.ini, it's recommended to load that first, modify it and then save it.
NOTE2: you really want to do it the way I recommmended it above!
modified: look & feel.
- added numeric boxes to inputs which are meant to be numbers only
-- added reasonable min and max values
- changed some texts
- added some texts
- now certain options disable certain other options since they disable these in game (e.g. quick race disables some race settings, weather set on 1 disables weather settings and so on)
add: allowed bikes
add: the configurator should read all .PKZs from your mods\bikes\ folder and list it below

11/07/20 - v0.9a:
fix: tab index values were wrong (pressing the tabulator tab should bring you to the next box, not a random one somewhere)
fix: couple UI things
add: tool is resizable

How to Use:

Download v0.9 (11/03/20):
hosted on MXB-Mods.com

🌐 MX Bikes custom content
MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

iNsane

August 08, 2019, 06:16:55 PM #1 Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 06:55:41 PM by iNsane | WeekendWarriors
Tool updated to v0.2
fix: mod tracks were not found if mod location is default (My Documents).
add: capped the MOTD length. There are not more than 149 characters allowed.

MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

iNsane

May 07, 2020, 11:04:51 AM #2 Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 11:37:20 AM by iNsane | WW
Tool updated to v0.3:
disabled: track images (to save resources during tests, had some trouble, will fix in later release)
add: you can now set up to 3 tracks for a server
modified: dropdowns (so you can easily open the dropdown menu and select the value)
modified: track selections are a dropdown now, too. It will read your mxbikes.exe mxbikes.ini and list all tracks from your mods folder and tracks.pkz
modified: you can now either type in allowed categories into the textbox, or you tick them in the checkboxes. This is really buggy currently, sometimes you need to tick one category to be able to untick/remove another one. Kept this at first.

known bug:
tool is not able to find .pkz mods. Will investigate tonight.

MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

iNsane

Tool updated to v0.4:
basically same bugs as v0.3, but:
fix: PKZs are now included in the three dropdown menus for tracks (thanks to Kraken!*)
fix: bandwidth was 0-3, now there's 0-4 (very low - very high)
add: enduro category

tip: if something's not working, please re-select the mxbikes.exe and take a look at the message. If it says it uses the stock mod folder (which is documents) but you have added a custom mod path (global.ini) - you might move the mods= line from global.ini to the mxbikes.ini in the MX Bikes installlation folder

MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

iNsane

Tool updated to v0.5:
fix: Now using a logic to identify the modpath (if closed with \ or not) - this should now enable the documents/standard mods path way instead of inserting the documents mods path into the ini with [mods] folder=
fix: the tool checks the mxbikes.ini first, if there's no mod folder entry, it'll check the global.ini in documents (recommended to use), if still empty, it'll use the standard path (documents).
fix: The categories are now being read and unchecked/checked once a configuration has been loaded
(don't check/uncheck too fast, it might not recognize it then)
add: 7 more Track groups - now a total of 10 tracks can be set
add: each track group has a "X" (clear) and a Random button, to either clear the track (disable it) or randomly choose a track by the ones that are recognized and inside the dropdowns
add: master "Randomize" and "Clear" buttons
add: all new values (export - prefix, incremental; replay - prefix; live - file, track_position; polls - disable_during_races; deformation - auto_reset)

MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

Alliance MX

Hi,
I was wondering if you have had time to add GP Bikes as an option in your server config program?
Looking forward to using it for both MX Bikes and GP Bikes; I think it is a great tool.

Kind regards

iNsane

Quote from: Alliance MX on September 14, 2020, 03:44:56 AMHi,
I was wondering if you have had time to add GP Bikes as an option in your server config program?
Looking forward to using it for both MX Bikes and GP Bikes; I think it is a great tool.

Kind regards

Been working on a new web service I just got green light for, I'll have to prioritize it first because it'll really be a benefit to the community :)
Then I'll continue on the configurator for sure!

MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

iNsane

Tool updated to v0.8:
I've not logged the changes I did between v0.5 and v0.8 so that's what I have in my mind with what I definitely done recently:
modified: various changes to the GUI
disabled: track preview
fixed: crash if mod folder not found
fixed: I think I fixed various stuff between 0.5 and 0.8
add: all new dedicated server values as of recent release of beta 15 (10/27/20)

MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

iNsane

Tool updated to v0.9:
Obviously there was a little bug in the last version that skipped the "read mod path" thing. Guess what:
fix: mod tracks not being recognized anymore
NOTE: added a new default server.ini, it's recommended to load that first, modify it and then save it.
NOTE2: you really want to do it the way I recommmended it above!
modified: look & feel.
- added numeric boxes to inputs which are meant to be numbers only
-- added reasonable min and max values
- changed some texts
- added some texts
- now certain options disable certain other options since they disable these in game (e.g. quick race disables some race settings, weather set on 1 disables weather settings and so on)
add: allowed bikes
add: the configurator should read all .PKZs from your mods\bikes\ folder and list it below

MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

iNsane

Tool updated to v0.9a
fix: tab index values were wrong (pressing the tabulator tab should bring you to the next box, not a random one somewhere)
fix: couple UI things
add: tool is resizable

MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

K1dX

Will this work with version beta 17e?