• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:32:33 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

[update version 1.2 Beta15] MAXXIS MaxxCross IT + Excel Signature rims

Started by giopanda, May 09, 2020, 02:18:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giopanda

May 09, 2020, 02:18:44 PM Last Edit: November 02, 2020, 01:47:44 PM by giopanda Reason: added installing instructions

MAXXIS MaxxCross IT version 1.2 Beta15

Update to version 1.1
- added some thickness to the sprocket and discs as suggested by DoluTattoo on Discord
Update to version 1.2
- update to Beta15 new physics

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

here they are finally!
took some time but i wanted to make them as good as possible!

based on real dimensions for both rims and tires, they are

- 80/100 R21 MAXXIS Maxxcross IT with Excel signature rim front
- 110/80 R19 MAXXIS Maxxcross IT with Excel signature rim back

i actually wanted to also make a 100/100 R18 for the back but maybe in a future update..when we actually have more chances of customization!

they come with black rims and aluminum Talon hubs

a big shout out to Piboso for his help, iNsane for keeping up with me for long nights trying do decipher all the files and names and ini files and meshes parenting and tons of other crazy things, DoluTattoo on discord for trying to understand my needs..thank you so much!

to install simply extract the zip in your ..Documents/PiBoSo/MX Bikes/mods/tyres

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PSD Template

- included 7 colors of Talon hubs (black, silver, gold, orange, red, blue, green)
- included 7 colors of Excel rims (black, silver, gold, orange, red, blue, green)
- included normal and specular maps
- don't touch or remove the sprocket and discs area, it's needed from version 1.1
- name them wheel.tga and you're good to go

- they feature 'adaptive' dirt layers based on the gfx.cfg of each track (please track makers add that file to your folders so we don't have the stock Nutella colored dirt)
- there's no wear or blur effect, they would make the folder size 3 times bigger and won't be noticeable since they get covered in dirt before wearing out
- disc rotors and the sprocket are not modeled, they would have been more polygon heavy then the tires so i went for simple planes, they look as good (if not better) at almost any distance but with way less geometry!

if you want to support me and see more, please consider a small donation by clicking the Paypal button here..you don't have to, but i would really appreciate and you will have my eternal gratitude!

iNsane

Very well done! Thanks for this :)
Can't wait for the PSD!

🌐 MX Bikes custom content
MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

GDUBMX

<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

𝖙𝖋𝖈

These are awesome dude! Thanks so much!

Looking great on a soon to be released track with some matched dirt colour. I'm glad we will soon be able to do the same for the rider mud  8)

StoneRider

Toddscott785

giopanda

thank you so much guys, glad you like them!

Quote from: 𝖙𝖋𝖈 on May 09, 2020, 08:26:57 PMI'm glad we will soon be able to do the same for the rider mud  8)

sometimes you just have to push the right buttons ;)

giopanda

update to version 1.1 and template added to first post!

Frosty122

If you enjoy my work donations are greatly appreciated but not required! paypal.me/Frostymx122

MOTOKID766

hey can you make a thunder valley motocross track from colorado?? if you can thanks a lot :)
T.F

jtrs_61

I've been playing sim and now MXB for years and I can't even believe I still have to ask this question... i feel stoopid lol.  I want silver rims instead of the black in v1.1...  so, ive downloaded the psd... what next?

like, i feel like a total noob... but there's a reason I don't delve off into modding: even with all yall's tutorials, I still get confused with it.  But dang this game is fun to play!

Quick edit: My original intention was to simply delete and go back to stock rims because I saw on discord where there was a wheels update some time back that may have helped the endless sync issue.  I installed it, no change. so I figured I would just delete 'em all and go back to stock ass rims.  Well, I delete all tyres folders, still black rims.  Then, I deleted all things "tyres", including the tyres.pkz in the install folder and when I did that the bike disappeared in game.  So...  I'm still wondering if the stock rims would help the endless sync issue???

Sv3n

Ingame "Sv3n"

Toddscott785

Quote from: svenvaska on July 30, 2020, 03:25:02 PMStupid q: where u change tires IN GAME?  :-[  ::)
you can't really change tires in-game. Its either default tires or you download this and all the bikes will by default use these tires.

joerik#841

giopanda

Quote from: joerik#841 on October 21, 2020, 10:27:03 PMHello, how can i chance the color of the rims and hubs?
you have to create paints for them, using the template in the first post