• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:14:41 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MX Bikes beta14d

Started by PiBoSo, May 12, 2020, 12:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZDesertRat

May 13, 2020, 04:45:28 PM #15 Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 04:59:01 PM by AZDesertRat
The online connectivity issues are seriously hurting MXB and need to be top priority:(.  Community members that are proactively attempting to support and grow the game are being impacted the most.  EX: watch the past two YouTube streams on Skooty Puff's channel linked below.  He hosts weekly MXB events, either elimination style or full race (practice, qualify, race) and has been doing so for months now. I've listed the main issues at the bottom of this post which are clearly depicted in the videos.     
*Warning - verbal content can get a bit out there but love the guy:).

Drylands Elims b14c (go to 9:00 for start of riding)

Hill Valley b14d (go to 13:00 for start)

• Connection Lag - Any time someone joins there is a noticeable lag delay felt by host and other players. *Noticeably worse after B14d.
  • Unstable Peer Hosting - Random crashes when host exits track to pits to make changes (session, bike, etc.)
  • Limited # of gates on outdoors - Should be default 40 gates on ALL tracks.  Currently, number of gates is different for each track resulting in much frustration with riders getting booted out of server when others connect.
  • Other riders pop in and out of view based on proximity to you. At minimum utilize ultra low LOD so other riders are always visible.

MX Bikes should be gaining big momentum during this pandemic time period but the aforementioned issues are preventing any chance of this happening IMO.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I've been getting connection freezes for years and thought you were aware of the problem.

Its totally random for me.. the freeze time is random too. Best ones I get are a second, I've had at least 6 second freezes before. It normally makes me leave a server. Some people join and it doesn't freeze.

I only tend to play on Discord OEM server.

Also, whenever I get it I ask and others don't. Or others complain of it in chat and I never got it 🤷‍♂️

iNsane

Quote from: 𝖙𝖋𝖈 on May 13, 2020, 04:47:09 PMI only tend to play on Discord OEM server.

Also, whenever I get it I ask and others don't. Or others complain of it in chat and I never got it 🤷‍♂️

This is really driving me crazy as I'm one of those who has zero freezes when someone joins. Maybe it's hardware specific and we don't know?

🌐 MX Bikes custom content
MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

seney8

May 13, 2020, 05:20:49 PM #18 Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 05:48:11 PM by seney8 Reason: Computer spec update
I have been having connection issues since I first started playing on 13. I do not have the best computer but it works great during testing sessions as well as hosting my own server but joining rarely connects. Internet speeds are 200gb+ so no issues there I'd assume. I usually only attempt to join Discord or MyMXB servers and can occasionally join the 2t Club discord server or maybe TNMX mx1-2 2t MyMXB server but that's about it. I'm probably at a 20% connection rate when attempting to join a server.

Is there some sort of time out feature if the sync takes too long? When joining, it seems to be attempting during the syncing screen with my curser frozen but after a few minutes my curser frees up and I can audibly hear my computer fans slow down as they are not being asked to continue working on a process. At this point I'm able to click cancel and go back to the server menu. If I attempt the same server again sometimes I'm able to get in but that's pretty rare.

I love this game and the community but not being able to play online with others is a bummer. :(

EDIT: I wanted to also say I am running MXB stand-alone on my mid-2010 MacBook Pro (2.66 ghz intel core 2 duo/16GB ram/NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256MB graphics) via Windows 7 partition. No other known issues with any Windows applications running in my win partition on my MacBook. Not a top notch computer by any means but no issue playing the game aside from not being able to join a server.

jtrs_61

agree with all above: the freeze sucks. nothing like being on a heater and randomly freezes for 8 seconds!  piboso, is there anything we can do on our end to help identify and remedy the issue? what data do you need on it? if the freeze and ungodly sync times were fixed this would be an epicly perfect mx game!

stevo

i was on a discord server, the game was locking up even when i went to garage to do set up....i seemed like there was someone joining every 10 seconds or so....and the game locked up about 6 or 7 times before i managed the first lap...very frustrating  because when it unfreezes i am usually in the fence...

loinen

reading all those reports about join lag betas by betas I would like to say that i'm pretty sure it's impossible to remove this lag. rfactor and other complicated simulators have that lag too. this is not mx simulator where everything is much more simple, do not expect full fix for this. i dont see this as a problem if it doesnt happen in a race.

jtrs_61

connectivity issues are becoming increasingly frustrating... not only the "freeze" issue, but i cant even connect at all to a user created server (although this may be an wifi issue as determined in a separate post)  however, i get the endless syncing... message when even trying to connect to discord servers while equipped with a 2 stroke but am able to connect while equipped with a 4 stroke.  i just wanna BRAAAP and its becoming harder and harder to do so!

PizzaChet

What was done to make the "gravity" comparatively feel like it's less than 1g? Was the suspension changed? I turned the rebound damping all the way up and it still feels like it's not enough to stop from bouncing back into the air on landing.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

PiBoSo

Quote from: PizzaChet on May 14, 2020, 05:53:48 PMWhat was done to make the "gravity" comparatively feel like it's less than 1g? Was the suspension changed? I turned the rebound damping all the way up and it still feels like it's not enough to stop from bouncing back into the air on landing.

Unfortunately the terrain simulation parameters had to be tuned in Beta14c to avoid terrain deformation issues, so sadly the "bounciness" is now almost the same as it was in Beta13.

PizzaChet

Thank you! Just wanted to make sure I wasn't hallucinating.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.