• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:39:42 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

connection time out b14

Started by jtrs_61, April 30, 2020, 08:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtrs_61

Is there any particular reason on my end i cant connect to user hosted servers since b14 came out?  i see servers with 10+ people sometimes and when i try to connect it says connecting... then after about 5 seconds "connection timed out".  b14 servers work fine, just not user created ones...

on the plus side, i dont have to completely restart the game after disconnecting! thanks piboso!

teeds

Those user servers will port 54210, make sure that's not blocked for you.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

jtrs_61

Quote from: teeds on April 30, 2020, 09:22:19 PMThose user servers will port 54210, make sure that's not blocked for you.

whoa whoa whoa... how do i do that? is that something to check on my lappy or is that router configuration?  i did a quick search on the forum for "port 54210" and ended up reading greek from a few years ago...

i also searched online how to unblock a udp port... so i went in control panel>security>firewall and added new rule for udp port 54210, inbound and outbound, and allowed them to connect...  but still, connection times out...

Am i overthinking this?

teeds

If your problem is local the most likely cause is a firewall or router. Check if you have any forwarding rules in your router relating to that port but sounds like you've not been in there before. You have reset your router too right?

jtrs_61

well, tbh... i'm on the road for work with the railroad... playing on my off time through the hotel wifi... that's prolly it. i don't think they'll let me go mess with their router lmao.

jtrs_61

Quote from: seney8 on May 13, 2020, 05:20:49 PMI have been having connection issues since I first started playing on 13. I do not have the best computer but it works great during testing sessions as well as hosting my own server but joining rarely connects. Internet speeds are 200gb+ so no issues there I'd assume. I usually only attempt to join Discord or MyMXB servers and can occasionally join the 2t Club discord server or maybe TNMX mx1-2 2t MyMXB server but that's about it. I'm probably at a 20% connection rate when attempting to join a server.

Is there some sort of time out feature if the sync takes too long? When joining, it seems to be attempting during the syncing screen with my curser frozen but after a few minutes my curser frees up and I can audibly hear my computer fans slow down as they are not being asked to continue working on a process. At this point I'm able to click cancel and go back to the server menu. If I attempt the same server again sometimes I'm able to get in but that's pretty rare.

I love this game and the community but not being able to play online with others is a bummer. :(

Ey Teeds... So I didn't get much chance to go online to see if I could join user servers while at home on MY router/wifi (I rode IRL a bit and planted a garden mostly lol) but I'm back at work and in my downtime, I try to race...

Anyways, I'm at a different hotel with different wifi.  Here, when trying to connect to user servers,  instead of a "connection timed out" message the it connects then the cursor freezes for about 45 seconds to a minute then the fans slow and cursor is free'd up like ole seney up there is mentioning in the b14d thread... all while giving the unending "syncing" message. 

What gives? Is there anything I can do within my lappy's settings that can "make sure that port is open fer meh" or what?  I mean, I see 24 dudes in a lobby I cant join in on right now and it's uber frustrating!

teeds

Syncing can take a long time especially on low end systems and with lots of mods and paints etc loaded, also when joining a busy server. The mouse pointer locking up for that amount of time and then freeing up sounds normal. When I load into an MP server there does seem to be a point at which my HDD stops working, maybe this is when your fans slow down, but if I leave it for what seems to be too long, it does load. Had some issues myself the other day getting stuck and crashing when syncing with 14c and d after updating on Steam, but now I've removed and re-installed the game it's working again.

At least now it seems your ports are open for game play.

jtrs_61

thanks for the reply... so maybe if i uninstall all the skins i use less frequently (if at all) this could help sync times?  if and when another player is riding with a modded paint that i dont have installed, is that why the bikes appear white and no rider?

Resolute Kraken

No, white bike is when they join after you are riding.  You simply go back to pits to have the full bike models loaded for them.  This is to help avoid lag when they join.

seney8

May 17, 2020, 03:06:46 AM #9 Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 03:08:29 AM by seney8
Quote from: jtrs_61 on May 15, 2020, 10:37:43 PMthanks for the reply... so maybe if i uninstall all the skins i use less frequently (if at all) this could help sync times?  if and when another player is riding with a modded paint that i dont have installed, is that why the bikes appear white and no rider?

I actually tested something similar to what you mentioned. I did a clean install and was able to get on msm servers prior to installing any mods. Then I tested installing one mod set at a time. I eventually got all of my mods installed except for protective and helmets. For some reason it seems like there is either something within the protective/helmets folders keeping my game from syncing OR it has to do with the amount of mods attempting to sync to a server and then timing out.

*currently on the Discord Glen Helan server while downloading the Fast House mega pack by iNsane so doesn't seem to be an internet issue at least for me.