• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 09:04:04 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Texture overlapping on other objects

Started by BeefLilly247, June 23, 2020, 12:35:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeefLilly247

Hey everyone, back again with another question haha.
Anyone ever have issues with one texture overlapping over another objects texture?

I've included screen grabs of both the Rocks with fence texture overlapping the rock texture, and the fence texture itself.

Also, here is the scene rendering section of the hmf file.
scene0
{
name = ccmx_track_objects.edf
pos
{
x = 0
y = 0
z = 0
}
rot
{
x = 0
y = 0
z = 0
}
}

scene1
{
name = finish_gate.edf
pos
{
x = 315.497
y = 34
z = 383.900
}
rot
{
x = 0
y = -26
z = 0
}
}

scene2
{
name = ccmx_rocks.edf
pos
{
x = 0
y = 0
z = 0
}
rot
{
x = 0
y = 0
z = 0
}
}

scene3
{
name = ccmx_pit_v4.edf
pos
{
x = 0
y = 0
z = 0
}
rot
{
x = 0
y = 0
z = 0
}
}

Resolute Kraken

This happens when you use more than 1 scene edf file and in one of those files you have the Alpha set on an object.  Remove the alpha from all objects - that should be done in the alpha channel of the textures for MXB - not in the Blender object. 

This is more of a bug with the FBXtoEDF program though and hopefully it will be fixed someday.

BeefLilly247

I appreciate your quick response! I combined everything into one scene edf file and it solved my issue!

Quick extra question, if a track is already made in 2049, can it be converted to 4097 without having to start from scratch? And would that increase the quality of the ruts in game?

giopanda

i like those rocks tho..
anyway, in blender only set diffuse and normal maps like kraken said, everything else is handled by the alpha channel in the normal and by the shd file

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Quote from: BeefLilly247 on June 23, 2020, 01:13:49 AMI appreciate your quick response! I combined everything into one scene edf file and it solved my issue!

Quick extra question, if a track is already made in 2049, can it be converted to 4097 without having to start from scratch? And would that increase the quality of the ruts in game?

So if you resize your heightmap to 4097 it won't look any different because it's ust upscale the size of the 2049 map (so what, 1 pixel becomes 4?)... You should notice an increase in quality on anything you do to it after it's scaled because there is more data to play with.

My assumption was that the ruts are controlled by the scale of the map rather than the physical size / quality of the heightmap, but then as it interprets the heightmap anyway it's possible the rut size would be halved but if not they would at least have way more quality as there would be more tris to deform.. I've only gone from 4k to 2k and a long time ago before we really used deformation, and I've scaled a 2k map up to see what happened and the ruts got huge!

Only one way to find out, and let us know 👍

BeefLilly247

Quote from: 𝖙𝖋𝖈 on June 23, 2020, 11:34:52 AMSo if you resize your heightmap to 4097 it won't look any different because it's ust upscale the size of the 2049 map (so what, 1 pixel becomes 4?)... You should notice an increase in quality on anything you do to it after it's scaled because there is more data to play with.

My assumption was that the ruts are controlled by the scale of the map rather than the physical size / quality of the heightmap, but then as it interprets the heightmap anyway it's possible the rut size would be halved but if not they would at least have way more quality as there would be more tris to deform.. I've only gone from 4k to 2k and a long time ago before we really used deformation, and I've scaled a 2k map up to see what happened and the ruts got huge!

Only one way to find out, and let us know 👍

Thanks for your response!
I'm packaging up this track as it is for now, if i keep trying new things I will never release it haha.
But after I release I am going to copy this whole project and test for 4K to see what the differences are!