• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:03:34 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Custom rider model and animations talk

Started by Ruubs, November 13, 2016, 05:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenLenux

You're super fast, can't wait to see how it looks in-game!
If you want a custom graphic kit, feel free to contact me with Discord: GreenLenux#2125
Want to support me? You can buy me a coffee here!

Grimoire

pay2021

July 02, 2020, 05:34:35 PM #17 Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 05:49:34 PM by pay2021
Quote from: Grimoire on July 02, 2020, 04:51:07 PMthis is just ripped from sx3

If it's so easy, why didn't you do it before?

PizzaChet

That was more likely aimed at your theft of intellectual property, not the "hard work" you put into lifting someone else's hard work they received compensation for. Here you are about to freely distribute it. It's not a moral dilemma here, but it could be a legal one if certain eyes are trained on this. That is all.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

pay2021

Quote from: PizzaChet on July 02, 2020, 05:55:35 PMThat was more likely aimed at your theft of intellectual property, not the "hard work" you put into lifting someone else's hard work they received compensation for. Here you are about to freely distribute it. It's not a moral dilemma here, but it could be a legal one if certain eyes are trained on this. That is all.

Not again, i dont gonna distribute something, i making a exercise, if i can make work this i can make work ANY rider model who some great 3d artist will model, wich is the original purpose of the thread.
Why people dont see that? instead of doing of police. I never gonna undesrtand that.

GreenLenux

Quote from: PizzaChet on July 02, 2020, 05:55:35 PMThat was more likely aimed at your theft of intellectual property, not the "hard work" you put into lifting someone else's hard work they received compensation for. Here you are about to freely distribute it. It's not a moral dilemma here, but it could be a legal one if certain eyes are trained on this. That is all.
I kinda agree with Pay. He uses SX3 model, but it's more of a "proof of concept". He managed to find how to import a model and rig it to the animation. Then, people will make awesome custom 3D model!
If you want a custom graphic kit, feel free to contact me with Discord: GreenLenux#2125
Want to support me? You can buy me a coffee here!

iNsane

imo it's fine to use an available and good model to test this. No one else managed to come so far as pay came, as long as it's for testing purposes it seems good enough.
Can't wait to see more!

🌐 MX Bikes custom content
MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

holtergeist

good job pay keep up the great work. this is going to lead to some baddass stuff and i think you know it!
"hole-shot, pin-it, knock everybody down, go through the second corner, come out in front" -TP199

CBM Racing

Quote from: pay2021 on July 02, 2020, 06:01:32 PM

Not again, i dont gonna distribute something, i making a exercise, if i can make work this i can make work ANY rider model who some great 3d artist will model, wich is the original purpose of the thread.
Why people dont see that? instead of doing of police. I never gonna understand that.
Just keep doing your thing buddy. There's always going to be someone that doesn't like it for whatever reason most of the time they don't even know why! It's just the Internet where all the Trolls live!

PizzaChet

I didn't say I was going to report him. I was just pointing out why someone else wouldn't like the extraction of those models especially since they can't be easily retrieved without special tools. I disagree with profiting from such work. If you don't understand IP laws, then just say that. If you don't understand theft, then you need help.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

PiBoSo

Please don't post screenshots of ripped content on the official forum, even if nothing is released.
In addition to being morally questionable, they could get me in trouble.

pay2021

July 03, 2020, 05:07:23 PM #26 Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 05:12:26 PM by pay2021
Quote from: PizzaChet on July 02, 2020, 10:44:24 PMI didn't say I was going to report him. I was just pointing out why someone else wouldn't like the extraction of those models especially since they can't be easily retrieved without special tools. I disagree with profiting from such work. If you don't understand IP laws, then just say that. If you don't understand theft, then you need help.

Are you calling me theft? i pay for every game i have, maybe is reverse engineering with communnity tools wich are free and for the community, such a thing is very normal in the internet, but theft?

"profiting from such work" works in both ways.

Quote from: PiBoSo on July 03, 2020, 01:43:43 PMPlease don't post screenshots of ripped content on the official forum, even if nothing is released.
In addition to being morally questionable, they could get me in trouble.

God speaking. Done sir.

BTW. do you have animations.txt to see wich animation uses which bone? i having troubles with lean animation :)
Also im lost with animation lenghts, if a put a static pose for 60 frames works smoother than use 1 single frame.
TBH i have various questions.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I'm pretty sure if you make money off someone else's work, it's theft..   :-\

ziggy

Slapping a Fox logo on a bike paint is considered theft to some of these people. At this point maybe we should ask for permission from Honda, Yamaha, etc if it's ok for us to use their logos on bike paints before we release a bike skin...  ::)

hvpmvp

Quote from: ziggy on July 04, 2020, 03:56:16 AMSlapping a Fox logo on a bike paint is considered theft to some of these people. At this point maybe we should ask for permission from Honda, Yamaha, etc if it's ok for us to use their logos on bike paints before we release a bike skin...  ::)
lol what, making a bike skin and completely ripping someone else's model without permission are way different.
Modeler