• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:51:21 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

New Computer.

Started by moto28, May 20, 2014, 10:48:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moto28

Cant believe you guys talked me into it...  ::)

I will be building my own computer now. Ill get a List of my parts on here and yall can tell me advice and such for it.

matty0l215

Quote from: moto28 on May 21, 2014, 10:40:53 PM
Cant believe you guys talked me into it...  ::)

I will be building my own computer now. Ill get a List of my parts on here and yall can tell me advice and such for it.

Glad to hear it ;D

moto28

But before i go into this.. I watched the NewEgg video on the actual assembling of the computer & my biggest question is how the heck do you know what to plug in to what on the motherboard? Theres wires goin every way imaginable

Also looks like he had to have a bunch of adapters and stuff. Will all that be included when i buy my stuff?

Basically when all my parts come in will i be able to build a working Pc right at that moment?

moto28

I absolutely HATE having to look at the manuals of things.  >:(

Makes me feel like some chump who cant do it himself haha but im willing to for the amount of money im shelling out on this thing.

Is the static thing really necessary where he touches the case every so often.

Although i am a redneck and do tend to have a "looks good to me" kinda attitude to some things lol

GDUBMX

Lol awesome! Moto go on eBay and get yourself a 2 dollar anti static wrist band. YouTube how to build a PC and watch a few so you get the idea.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Well you feel like a chump because you can't do it yourself,  but if you dont read the manual, how you ever gonna know how to do it in the first place! 8)

Also things tend to have specific fit. If it doesn't fit in a socket then it doesn't go there. Its pretty simple- when you do it you will realise.

matty0l215

Along with the Newegg video, i used this one (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4Js2A1qdB8) from Tek Syndicate. Just another nice and detailed build guide.

bearded4glory

Like I said, virtually all the plugs and sockets can only be put together in the right spot.  The only real exception I can think of at the moment is the power switch, reset switch, leds, and all that stuff.  The manual is helpful but typically everything is written on the board (super small hard as hell to read with limited light in the case) so you could go that route if you so choose.

You will be stoked when you get it up and running, trust me.  I really want to build a new computer for work, just have to convince my Dad (also my boss) that it will make us more money haha.

moto28

Memory:
G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8Gb
$79.99
Cpu:
Intel Core i5-4570
$199.99
Case:
Xigmatek Talon CCM-38BBW (Could change but pretty set on it as of now)
$99.99
Power Supply:
Rosewill HIVE Series Hive-750 750w
$89.99
GRAPHICS CARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
Gigabyte Gv-n770oc-2gd GeForce GTX 770 2gb
$334.99
Motherboard:
ASRock Z97X KILLER
$157.99
Fan:
Rosewill RCX-Z90-AL
$9.99
Storage:
Seagate Barracuda 2TB Hard Drive
$89.99
Monitor:
Refurbished: Acer G206HQLbd Black 19.5"
$74.00
Keyboard & Mouse:
Cm Storm Devastator Blue LED
$29.99
Speakers:
Logitech S120
$14.99

Total Build: $1,181.90
Seems pretty Legit to me

m_soetaert

Quote from: moto28 on May 22, 2014, 10:46:48 PM
Memory:
G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8Gb
$79.99
Cpu:
Intel Core i5-4570
$199.99
Case:
Xigmatek Talon CCM-38BBW (Could change but pretty set on it as of now)
$99.99
Power Supply:
Rosewill HIVE Series Hive-750 750w
$89.99
GRAPHICS CARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
Gigabyte Gv-n770oc-2gd GeForce GTX 770 2gb
$334.99
Motherboard:
ASRock Z97X KILLER
$157.99
Fan:
Rosewill RCX-Z90-AL
$9.99
Storage:
Seagate Barracuda 2TB Hard Drive
$89.99
Monitor:
Refurbished: Acer G206HQLbd Black 19.5"
$74.00
Keyboard & Mouse:
Cm Storm Devastator Blue LED
$29.99
Speakers:
Logitech S120
$14.99

Total Build: $1,181.90
Seems pretty Legit to me
I would definitely think about adding an SSD to put your OS on. It will make your computer seem so much faster.

moto28

I got a friend who is going to give me a usb with windows 7 on it. Does that count?

GDUBMX

Lol an ssd is a hard drive mate, he means you'll have 2 hard drives, ur 2tb disc based hard drive for games etc, then your say 160gb solid state which is like RAM so it loads a bit faster.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

moto28

How much more will that add on?

bearded4glory

I recommend a samsung 250gb evo, they run about $125.  I have a samsung pro 256gb in mine, windows boots in about 10 seconds and everything is so snappy.  Be careful though, you will never want to use a computer without a SSD every again (like my work computer).

moto28

I honestly care none about boot time if thats all it does. I hardly ever turn off my computers haha and if so 30 secs - 1 min isnt gonna kill me