• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:08:07 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Need help making a track

Started by millerjd222, July 08, 2020, 05:07:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AMAX816

Did you edit the batch files in notepad?
Right click each file, _map,_trh and centerline, open in notepad+ and make sure the naming is correct.
Where "example" is in the photo below {_map batch opened in notepad} you input your track folder name.

millerjd222

Quote from: AMAX816 on July 08, 2020, 11:37:19 PMHi,
In the main track folder I see you have 3 files entitled "heightmap"
Not sure but that may be causing an issue.
Suggest removing the two top ones and only leave the heightmap.raw file in the folder and see if that helps.
I just tried this an it did not work....

millerjd222

Quote from: AMAX816 on July 09, 2020, 12:15:10 AMDid you edit the batch files in notepad?
Right click each file, _map,_trh and centerline, open in notepad+ and make sure the naming is correct.
Where "example" is in the photo below {_map batch opened in notepad} you input your track folder name.
I also have done this already. Its still not working :(

tbone323

Im in the same boat. Downloaded all the new tools and newest example. Following the video guide exactly and I cannot get the new trh and map files to generate.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I don't know what to say guys. This works for so many people but every now and then someone has an issue. I can only put it down to a couple of things.

1. A local issue, permissions or something else.

2. User error, although each case will be different most likely, I've helped a lot of people over the years who have made a tiny easy to miss mistake.

Past that, sorry I have no idea why it doesn't work for a few people.  :-\

tbone323

Quote from: 𝖙𝖋𝖈 on July 14, 2020, 09:41:54 AMI don't know what to say guys. This works for so many people but every now and then someone has an issue. I can only put it down to a couple of things.

1. A local issue, permissions or something else.

2. User error, although each case will be different most likely, I've helped a lot of people over the years who have made a tiny easy to miss mistake.

Past that, sorry I have no idea why it doesn't work for a few people.  :-\

I know it has to be some kind of setting or minor mistake im making. I did go into trh.bat and add a pause after line 1 and was able to get this message to pop up. Not sure if this is the root of the issue, or if the error was due to me adding the pause in an attempt to see what was happening.

C:\Users\travi\Desktop\crtest>terrained.exe track.tht crtest/crtest.trh trh_params.ini
'terrained.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Resolute Kraken

Quote from: tbone323 on July 14, 2020, 02:51:12 PMI know it has to be some kind of setting or minor mistake im making. I did go into trh.bat and add a pause after line 1 and was able to get this message to pop up. Not sure if this is the root of the issue, or if the error was due to me adding the pause in an attempt to see what was happening.

C:\Users\travi\Desktop\crtest>terrained.exe track.tht crtest/crtest.trh trh_params.ini

This leads me to believe you have not copied the terrained.exe into your crtest folder - have you?

tbone323

Quote from: Resolute Kraken on July 14, 2020, 06:57:10 PM
Quote from: tbone323 on July 14, 2020, 02:51:12 PMI know it has to be some kind of setting or minor mistake im making. I did go into trh.bat and add a pause after line 1 and was able to get this message to pop up. Not sure if this is the root of the issue, or if the error was due to me adding the pause in an attempt to see what was happening.

This leads me to believe you have not copied the terrained.exe into your crtest folder - have you?

I copied the terrained file folder into the crtest folder but I left terrained.exe in the folder, not in the folder with the .bat files.

I just took the .exe file out of the terrained folder and put it in the main folder and it worked!!!!

I didnt think that could be an issue until your comment.

Thanks!!!!!!!!

Magicalfarty

Hi i had the same problem i was trying to make zone 7 but do you have windows activated?

Magicalfarty

Magicalfarty

when exiting notepad ++ press ctrl+s or save then it should work

Magicalfarty

Quote from: millerjd222 on July 08, 2020, 05:07:37 AMI have been trying for hours to figure this out and its still not working correctly. I do everything right in TFC's tutorial. But when I run _map.bat, _trh.bat, and centerline.bat no new files show up in my track folder. Maybe this has something to do with it, when i run map.bat it says WARNING: Extension Corrected. Can someone give me tips?
save the file please then your pc has permission to genorate a new file!

CBM Racing

Quote from: millerjd222 on July 08, 2020, 05:07:37 AMI have been trying for hours to figure this out and its still not working correctly. I do everything right in TFC's tutorial. But when I run _map.bat, _trh.bat, and centerline.bat no new files show up in my track folder. Maybe this has something to do with it, when i run map.bat it says WARNING: Extension Corrected. Can someone give me tips?
What's your tracks menu name and short name? I had a similar issue and that was the problem the short name had a space in it's name so every time I ran the tools I would get an error and the files wouldn't show up correctly. In TFC's tutorial, his track is just one name so you don't even think about that causing an issue but it did.

cadef461

I just had the same issue as you and I could not figure it out. I hope you've already figured it out since its been almost a year, but I'm putting this here for people that come across it in the way I did. The issue is that your track folder, Thunder Valley, has a space in it. I had the same issue because the track I'm making is a local one called MX 2. I changed the folder name to be mx2 instead and then ran everything again and it worked flawlessly.