• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:30:52 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Adding Grass turns track white?

Started by tbone323, July 20, 2020, 07:24:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbone323

Hi all,

Working on my first track and I am at the masking phase. I have my on and off track textures and shades working as well as my layers. My issue is that when I go to add grass my entire map turns white and smooth. I have tried remaking the grass mask and double checking my hmf and tht files and no luck.

Any ideas what might be happening?

BeefLilly247

BeefLilly247

It's funny I just encountered this issue myself. If you're still having issues, double check the hmf and tht layer numbers. It should start on layer0, and progress from there. Make sure there are no numbers skipped. That was my issue. Hope this helps

tbone323

Quote from: BeefLilly247 on July 21, 2020, 03:36:08 AMIt's funny I just encountered this issue myself. If you're still having issues, double check the hmf and tht layer numbers. It should start on layer0, and progress from there. Make sure there are no numbers skipped. That was my issue. Hope this helps

Tried that and no luck. Attempting to post pictures of my hmf, tht maps, and mask files.

Ruubs

July 21, 2020, 07:52:17 PM #4 Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 07:56:03 PM by Ruubs
My first thought was either wrong layer count or wrong mask name, but both seem to be correct. Check your grass_mask.tga again (not grass_masks.tga) to see if it truly has an alpha channel and is saved in 32bit.

Another thing that I see is that you have 4 soil layers in your .tht file. Why not make one soil layer with a thickness of 1 + (0.2*3) = 1.6?

BeefLilly247

Try deleting that extra space in your hmf on "layer 5"

Ruubs

Quote from: BeefLilly247 on July 21, 2020, 07:59:30 PMTry deleting that extra space in your hmf on "layer 5"
You have good eyes.

tbone323

Quote from: BeefLilly247 on July 21, 2020, 07:59:30 PMTry deleting that extra space in your hmf on "layer 5"

Beef, you nailed it. Hours of messing with this only to delete a space for it to work.

Thanks so much!

Heres a short clip of me testing on a 125 with my new grass! And now that I can see it I realize I really need to dial it back. Looks like it hasnt been cut in years!!

tbone323

Quote from: Ruubs on July 21, 2020, 07:52:17 PMMy first thought was either wrong layer count or wrong mask name, but both seem to be correct. Check your grass_mask.tga again (not grass_masks.tga) to see if it truly has an alpha channel and is saved in 32bit.

Another thing that I see is that you have 4 soil layers in your .tht file. Why not make one soil layer with a thickness of 1 + (0.2*3) = 1.6?

TBH this is my first track so I really dont know what I am doing yet. Im following TFC's youtube tutorials so I just copy what he does. In the future once I figure things out more Im sure ill make changes.

BeefLilly247

Glad that worked! Track is looking cool man.