• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 08:14:59 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Lonestar MX - Feedback wanted on track design/features.

Started by tbone323, July 22, 2020, 05:56:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbone323

Hello again. I'm working through my first track and looking for feedback on track design and features. My goal was to create a  fantasy track with fun jumps, elevation changes and big berms.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Edited Link. Made changes to a few items based on Will's feedback.

Edit: Link to the 3rd version of the track.

Edit: Check post lower down for the latest draft.

WestSideWill763

first off let me start by saying wow great track to build for your first its a very addicting track.... glad to see your looking for feedback cause thats how any of us get better...

that being said theres a few things ide change about the track theres a tight 180 berm on top of a hill b4 a huge jump up step down i think the jumps fine but that berm needs to be pushed back just cause its to tight of a turn.....

then i think its 2 straights after that you have a pit going up hill there's a really sharp down angle into the pit i think needs to just go flat into the uphill....

nd last part i had issues with was a 2 berm corner b4 the first huge floater jump, i just think the inner berm isn't needed it needs to be more of a rut 2nd line apposed to a tight 90 with a berm you haffta slow way down to ride in......with all this said other than obviously adding objects like fences and the start finish the track will be absolutely amazing for the fast and fun lines

tbone323

Quote from: WestSideWill763 on July 22, 2020, 09:01:35 PMfirst off let me start by saying wow great track to build for your first its a very addicting track.... glad to see your looking for feedback cause thats how any of us get better...

that being said theres a few things ide change about the track theres a tight 180 berm on top of a hill b4 a huge jump up step down i think the jumps fine but that berm needs to be pushed back just cause its to tight of a turn.....

then i think its 2 straights after that you have a pit going up hill there's a really sharp down angle into the pit i think needs to just go flat into the uphill....

nd last part i had issues with was a 2 berm corner b4 the first huge floater jump, i just think the inner berm isn't needed it needs to be more of a rut 2nd line apposed to a tight 90 with a berm you haffta slow way down to ride in......with all this said other than obviously adding objects like fences and the start finish the track will be absolutely amazing for the fast and fun lines

Thanks for the feedback. The things you mentioned make sense. Let me know if photo1 is the right berm to push back.

Also in photo 2. I wasnt 100% sure which pit you were talking about. Flatten section 1 in the photo, or flatten section 2?

WestSideWill763

July 23, 2020, 12:03:10 AM #3 Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 12:17:06 AM by WestSideWill763
yes 1 is the right berm to be pushed back 2 isnt one of those spots its the small roller type bump infront of this uphill pit
your first pic after pushing that berm back i think the following downhill section needs to be widened so your not jumping off track on a downward hill cause the step down is angled opposite of the tracks direction

my first pic is that dip into the pit i as talking about flattening 2nd pic is just a diff angle it just after the dragonsback going around that corner you can see my trail you ride the berm nd avoid that dip but it still causes issues in that corner

and the last pic is that double berm corner i was talking about turning the inside berm into more of a rut second line so you don't haffta stop so abruptly and lose all speed to carry around that corner

WestSideWill763

if it wasn't clear on what needed to be flattened sorry lol

WestSideWill763

so after the revamp which i appreciate that it was done so quickly thats awesome

anyway the first pic i was trying to show that the inner wall divider thing that was just built goes to far into the lane when jumping into that corner the berm is perfect just that inner wall divider is now an issue being too long and angled slightly to much into the lane

second pic is coming around that corner right after the stepdown in previous pic just think it needs to be widened on the right side of the pic you can see it gets narrow b4 entering the big bowl berm....

as to the double berm turn getting turn into a rut its absolutely perfect nd should make a great place for block passes

Magicalfarty

Track looks sick downloading it is the final out when do you think final is out i am making zone 7 my local

tbone323

Quote from: Magicalfarty on July 23, 2020, 10:36:42 AMTrack looks sick downloading it is the final out when do you think final is out i am making zone 7 my local

Tough to say when it will be done. I haven't even gotten into objects yet so I am not sure how steep the learning curve is. Im also thinking of adding an FMX park behind the track since I have so much room left.

Magicalfarty

Track is awesome you can ask in the discord for 3d models so you dont have to make

Magicalfarty

really well done for first track and are you making a replica?

WestSideWill763

hope i didn't overwhelm you with all the changes was just trying to make the track flow more smoothly

tbone323

Quote from: WestSideWill763 on July 23, 2020, 10:06:10 PMhope i didn't overwhelm you with all the changes was just trying to make the track flow more smoothly

No worries. Your suggestions were good.

WestSideWill763

July 24, 2020, 12:23:15 AM #12 Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 12:26:47 AM by WestSideWill763
did the pictures clarify what needed 2 be changed yet after your first revamp?? im not able to add red marker like u did without the pics being to big 4 upload

just realized now my dumbass never reads first post to see you've changed the track lol

WestSideWill763

July 24, 2020, 01:02:09 AM #13 Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 01:17:16 AM by WestSideWill763
okay so after trying the track there's only one spot that keeps hanging me up as ugly or non flow stops a fast lap dam near every time...

first pic is right after the new uphill triple i feel the top of this hill needs to be rounded more not so jump like...

ORRRRRRRR

second pic is 10-20 feet after the first pic

if you hit the top of the hill like a jump it sends you into this inside wall berm i think that inner wall needs to be shortened or moved completely to the left cause every time you come to the top off that little hill lip you end up either on top of that wall or into oncoming

was not expecting that uphill triple but omg is it dope definitely added a factor that was needed for a little difficulty
 but the only down side is if you hit it with enough speed it carries you into that inner wall berm once hitting the top of hill lip

tbone323

Ok, i think i'm done editing the obstacles now.

I feel like the track is accessible on a 125 and really fun on bigger bikes. I think its time to move on to objects and environment.

Link to the latest version of the track-->  http://www.mediafire.com/file/7gihii815txbogz/LonestarMX.zip/file