• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:06:28 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

[release] Hangtown 2018 - by Agitato

Started by Agitato, August 09, 2020, 09:05:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agitato

August 09, 2020, 09:05:43 PM Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 09:22:25 PM by Agitato
This track is recreation of Hangtown 2018. (Created using the 125 All Star Race footage). Originally this project started out as a modification of the original "Hangtown" that was released in mid-July. I then realized to make the track as realistic as possible I would not only need to model the track completely, but also dedicate to a layout. Thus, Hangtown 2018 was created.

This track contains several deviations from the earlier "Hangtown," most notably there are two additional sections. Included are the switchback section after the peak jump, and the wall and step-up before the "Fly 150." However, there is a single deviation from the 2018 layout. In the 2018 race, the "Fly 150" (the large uphill triple) is a set of whoops. Upon discussion with Hangtown locals I decided to replace the whoop section with the "Fly 150" becuase, "we try to forget the year they replaced that...". While it would be unique to have the whoop section in place, I decided to keep the 150 to create the "ideal" track in my mind.

This is my first attempt at modifying sky-boxes, modeling, and exporting solid objects. I know the track isn't perfect but I am happy with it in it's given state, and I feel as though it is a solid representation of my ability level as a creator in MX Bikes.

I big thank you to Mulock22 - He has been the man through the creation of this track. He has provided wonderful feedback and created the fully-functional camera set to accompany the track.

Hope you all enjoy.

Download links:

MEGA:
https://mega.nz/file/DkYnQQYB#w69YK-QsomUL6sse-UzV98NPZax_eEs-y9fnXmXpPuk

MEDIAFIRE:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/mpki6xhdnwv7snb/Hangtown_2018.pkz/file

P.S: I'm done with Hangtown! Onto the next project.

You can still find the original Hangtown here:

Download Link:

MEDIAFIRE:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/p25dzoslrvrq3w0/Hangtown.pkz/file

Resolute Kraken

Awesome track man!  I saw you discord post and should have said something - but, if you made all of your objects with TRK prefix, that is meant for track surfaces and does not work well for other things.  You'll notice on your haybales that you can get some interesting "explosions" when colliding with them some times. WLL prefix works better for those types of things right now as the physics stand currently.

Very nice upgrade to the track though!

Agitato

AH! That explains some things! Thanks for letting me know, and i'll definitely make that adjustment for the next track.

Thanks for the kind words as well!

iNsane

Well made upgrade! Makes a lot of fun again :) Thanks for your work!

🌐 MX Bikes custom content
MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal