• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:31:19 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Connection Timeout

Started by jbohna13, August 12, 2020, 04:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbohna13

I am having an issue connecting to some servers on MX Bikes. It appears that I can connect to dedicated servers, such as the Steam VR Racing servers, and a few other MXB.com ones. However, when I attempt to join a friends server, or any other server that appears to be hosted by someone else, I get the message: "Connecting" which then always ends as "Connection Timeout".

I have read a few other posts about this issue on this forum, and it seemed apparent that this could be a port forwarding issue. I forwarded the appropriate ports (54200 and 54210) on my router, and added rules into windows firewall for these ports.

However, even after completing these steps, I still receive the connection timeout message.

Does anyone have any further advice for things I can try?

teeds

August 13, 2020, 04:16:24 PM #1 Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 08:29:56 PM by teeds
If you only join servers there's no need to setup any port forwarding, that's only required for those hosting servers. You will need to make sure your firewall/s isn't blocking MXBikes traffic, but if you can join some servers that's probably not the problem.
Regarding the servers that you get a connection timeout on, is anyone else able to join those same servers? Normally connection timeouts are due to the person hosting the server not forwarding their ports correctly or at all.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

jbohna13

Quote from: teeds on August 13, 2020, 04:16:24 PMIf you only join servers there's no need to setup any port forwarding, that's only required for those hosting servers. You will need to make sure your firewall/s isn't blocking MXBikes traffic, but if can join some servers that's probably not the problem.
Regarding the servers that you get a connection timeout on, is anyone else able to join those same servers? Normally connection timeouts are due to the person hosting the server not forwarding their ports correctly or at all.

My friend is typically able to join said servers with no issues. I have added rules in my firewall for the ports, but still to no avail.

Really not sure what to do at this point, I've done a lot of research and have spent a few hours trying to resolve it.

teeds

It's like a networking issue, which normally you wouldn't blame the game for, but people seem to have it with this game more than any other purportedly. Maybe it's a problem that's always been there but not noticed due to low player count, or maybe it's the total freedom we have for port selection. Also IPv6 might be involved.

Do you happen to know if you have been given an IPv6 address by your ISP?

jbohna13

Quote from: teeds on August 14, 2020, 02:56:52 PMIt's like a networking issue, which normally you wouldn't blame the game for, but people seem to have it with this game more than any other purportedly. Maybe it's a problem that's always been there but not noticed due to low player count, or maybe it's the total freedom we have for port selection. Also IPv6 might be involved.

Do you happen to know if you have been given an IPv6 address by your ISP?

I do have an IPv6 address.

teeds

jbohna13

Quote from: teeds on August 20, 2020, 12:03:02 AMOnly IPv6, or IPv4 too?

Sorry, I have both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses.

brems294

Hi,
did you manage to solve the problem?