• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:09:00 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Resetting Lap Times

Started by Dominator, September 15, 2020, 02:46:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominator

Hi all, I've got an issue that is really bugging me...
I was putting in some laps at MXB Club, a track that is on the game by default.
I set a track marker to the first corner ( just as you spawn, if you ride like 5 meters you'll be at this corner)
I set the marker so I can easily restart a lap if I mess up, which is pretty common for me  ;D
I was on an a fast lap, racing my ghost and I ended up crashing on one of the last few jumps, so I slammed the reset and took it as a loss, but when I reset my rider ( to my marker) it did not reset the lap timer, I didn't notice this and pulled off for my new lap and jumped the start/finish jump... this resulted in an impossible lap time, because it effectively cut out a good 10 seconds of the track as the timer was still running from the previous lap...
Is there a way to reset your lap records?
I have looked and looked but can't seem to come right so any help would be appreciated.

also, thanks to all the content creators out there, putting in loads of time and effort into MXB and making it the wicked game it is now! 😎

CBM Racing

Quote from: Dominator on September 15, 2020, 02:46:14 PMHi all, I've got an issue that is really bugging me...
I was putting in some laps at MXB Club, a track that is on the game by default.
I set a track marker to the first corner ( just as you spawn, if you ride like 5 meters you'll be at this corner)
I set the marker so I can easily restart a lap if I mess up, which is pretty common for me  ;D
I was on an a fast lap, racing my ghost and I ended up crashing on one of the last few jumps, so I slammed the reset and took it as a loss, but when I reset my rider ( to my marker) it did not reset the lap timer, I didn't notice this and pulled off for my new lap and jumped the start/finish jump... this resulted in an impossible lap time, because it effectively cut out a good 10 seconds of the track as the timer was still running from the previous lap...
Is there a way to reset your lap records?
I have looked and looked but can't seem to come right so any help would be appreciated.

also, thanks to all the content creators out there, putting in loads of time and effort into MXB and making it the wicked game it is now! 😎
Go into PiBoSo\MX Bikes\profiles\trainers and delete it.
I am not sure if you have to go into the records.ini file and delete it as well its also in your profile folder. I don't think you have to that just stores your fastest lap time in case you wanna export it or just look back at your best times. Only go in there and delete the time if deleting the trainer doesn't work first.

You can also delete all your times from every track in that file if you really wanted to but I don't recommend it if anything cut and paste it to a new text document and store it somewhere else this way if you ever wanna go back and see those times you can. I try not to ever delete anything I keep all of it in a separate folder I learned the hard way with setups.

Dominator

CBM Racing, Thanks a tonne!
I'll do that as soon as I'm home tonight.
cheers man 🤘

CBM Racing

Your welcome I am glad it worked. You know you can also share them with your buddies so if you run a fast time you can send it to me to see if I can beat it. If I do then I send it back to see if you can beat it. You can also have multiple ghosts on the track at once I have been experimenting with it and I have 5 different ghosts from all different people and two of my own that I saved so its almost like having a AI to Race against when you are testing.