• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:49:49 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Bike registration

Started by PiBoSo, October 31, 2020, 07:43:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

Starting with MX Bikes beta15, it is possible to register bikes to have best laps and other statistics recorded.

1) Enable physics debug mode: http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=1383.0

2a) The bike folder must be unpacked, not a PKZ file.
2b) While on track in testing mode, press Left Ctrl + B to generate a new "registration.bin" file ( in the bike folder ) and a code.
2c) The bike ID ( the bike folder name ) and code should be saved in the "bike.txt" file in the MX Bikes installation directory.
2d) Please save the code to a safe place, so it can be used for updates.

3) Register the bike at http://stats.mx-bikes.com/bikereg.php
"Prev. Bike Code" is only used to update the data and must be left empty when registering the bike for the first time.

4) Finalize the registration completing at least a lap on a "World" server or dedicated server.

5) Pack the mod for release, making sure to include the "registration.bin" file.

6a) If any of the elements of the bike ( tyres, rider ) is changed, then the registration must be updated, using the old code.
6b) If the name or category need to be changed, it is possible to re-use the same code in "Prev. Bike Code", without the need to generate a new one ( steps 1 and 2 ) and re-release the mod ( step 5 ).

Asdrael

Thanks for that, will push the competition aspect of the game further.

One question though: does step 4 (online lap) have to be completed by the modder, or can the mod be released and the map completed by anyone provided step 3 has already correctly been done?

(I don't want to load 30+bikes for one lap at MXClub each OEM update :( )
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

PiBoSo

Quote from: Asdrael on November 06, 2020, 06:13:58 PMThanks for that, will push the competition aspect of the game further.

One question though: does step 4 (online lap) have to be completed by the modder, or can the mod be released and the map completed by anyone provided step 3 has already correctly been done?

(I don't want to load 30+bikes for one lap at MXClub each OEM update :( )

Steps 4 and 5 can be swapped and the registration can be finalized by the community after the mod release.