• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:34:07 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Dedicated server

Started by PiBoSo, October 02, 2014, 02:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

October 27, 2020, 10:27:14 PM #90 Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 03:41:42 PM by PiBoSo
First post updated to:
- add support for timed races and qualify practice
- add support for a list of allowed bikes
- add the remote admin section
- add the steam ID option in whitelist and blacklist
- add whitelist settings, that allow to:
-- force race number, name, name prefix and bike of each entry
-- set an ( optional ) "Extra" string for each entry, that is added to the results exports and live timing
- add information about personal messages
- add the command to promote a client to admin
- change the whitelist and blacklist reload commands

hawkinslee

when i paste the dedicated parameters into steam and launch the game i am unable to play the game on my own server as it only launches the server.

teeds

For use with Steam download the demo from this site and run the dedi server with that, it's free and you can then join with Steam. Just make sure to use a custom port.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

Niko Mouk

Quote from: PiBoSo on October 27, 2020, 10:27:14 PMFirst post updated to:
- add support for timed races and qualify practice
- add support for a list of allowed bikes
- add the remote admin section
- add the steam ID option in whitelist and blacklist
- add whitelist settings, that allow to:
-- force race number, name, name prefix and bike of each entry
-- set an ( optional ) "Extra" string for each entry, that is added to the results exports and live timing
- add information about personal messages
- add the command to promote a client to admin
- change the whitelist and blacklist reload commands

Weeew back from 6 months of inactivity, this is awesome PiBoSo, I should be able to build many features that couldn't be done before. Thanks !
Hey ! If you like my work, you can 💰 donate on Paypal, thank you !

Niko Mouk

race_num is not working... PiBoSo, could you take a look and confirm ?

PiBoSo

Quote from: Niko Mouk on December 14, 2020, 12:42:02 AMrace_num is not working... PiBoSo, could you take a look and confirm ?

Documentation updated.
The "race_num" setting should have been "race_number".

Absolution

Quote from: PiBoSo on July 29, 2020, 11:21:14 AM
Quote from: 𝖙𝖋𝖈 on July 28, 2020, 07:50:33 PMIs it possible to host a server with reserved/VIP slots?

Would be great to have say a 30 man server, with 25 public slots and 5 reserved. A reserved slot would work so that only the person who's been assigned that slot can join it.

Is that or could it be possible?

At the moment it's not possible.
But the option can be added.

I would love to see this added. I've been blocked out of my own server a few times because its full. This would be a great help.

Niko Mouk

To rebound on what Paulo has suggested ;

What is complicated today is to manage who can join the starting gate. In the SX series scenario it's actually a nightmare because the race format is the following:
Top 8 from heat race 1 and 2 advance to the Main event, others to LCQ
Top 4 from LCQ race advance to the Main event

The only way to manage it today is the following:
Or I update the server whitelist then I must kick everybody (because we can't force them to spectate),
Or I create as much servers as races (this is the option we have chosen)

What would be the best IMO:
After updating the whitelist (with the text file or with a remote admin command), when you start the next race it checks for connected players and switch non-whitelisted people to spectator and vice versa.
So nobody has to leave/rejoin any server during the whole night. This without taking all the pits from the tracks (because this is the real issue performance wise).

Niko Mouk

PiBoSo, may I request this feature :

[export]
results = both ; html or xml or both to get xml+htm exported

PiBoSo

First post updated to:
- add the option to export both HTML and XML at the same time
- add the option to add contacts to the XML export
- add the option to write contacts to the live timing file

PiBoSo

First post updated to:
- add the option to set the track paint
- add more information to "track" and "track_layout". It is now possible to optionally select a track based on the track name, instead of the ID.

IShotTupac269

February 10, 2022, 10:19:29 PM #101 Last Edit: February 10, 2022, 10:28:46 PM by IShotTupac269
Hi Peeps,

Please for the love of god someone explain this to me. I have read through a bit and am unsure how to do this lol.

I have created a server config file and placed it into my demo of mxb i downloaded and then how exactly am I changing the mxbikes.exe parameters and am I putting mxbikes.exe -dedicated 54210 -set params dedicated.ini or am I supposed to use mxbikes.exe -dedicated 54211-set params server.ini as I am running the game from from the same pc as the dedi server?

Also I have never forwarded ports so I am unsure if this is correct? I have no Idea what the source destination IP is nor the destination?.

Cheers

PizzaChet

Quote from: IShotTupac269 on February 10, 2022, 10:19:29 PMI have created a server config file and placed it into my demo of mxb i downloaded...
Does this mean you're running the demo? I'm pretty sure that's not a feature in the demo. You need the full game. Otherwise, I don't know.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

IShotTupac269

February 10, 2022, 11:02:30 PM #103 Last Edit: February 10, 2022, 11:04:04 PM by IShotTupac269
No, I'm running the steam version but I know you have to use the standalone mxb with the resolute mxb server manager and to edit the mxbikes.exe but I am unsure how  lol! I'm pretty savvy with computers and shizz but this is double dutch to me and I cant seem to find a straight forward explanation or tut on how to do this. Does this mean I have to buy the game twice to run a server as I bought it on steam?

IShotTupac269

Sorted it now, I didn't have the beta 17c downloaded only 16 standalone