• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:57:16 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

[release v1.0] Dunlop Geomax MX33 + Excel Signature rims

Started by giopanda, November 12, 2020, 12:58:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

giopanda

Dunlop Geomax MX33

version 1.0

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

here they are finally!
my second set of tires, the Geomax MX33 from Dunlop!

based on real dimensions for both rims and tires, they are

- 80/100 R21 Dunlop Geomax MX33 with Excel signature rim front
- 110/80 R19 Dunlop Geomax MX33 with Excel signature rim back

they come with black rims and aluminum Talon hubs

to install simply extract the .zip in your ..Documents/PiBoSo/MX Bikes/mods/tyres

they share the same hubs and rims with the MAXXIS wheels released some time ago, these just have a different knobs shape and pattern to match the real life tires (like the MAXXIS do)!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PSD Template

this is the same template already released for the MAXXIS tires, so if you have it already you don't have to download this!
- included 7 colors of Talon hubs (black, silver, gold, orange, red, blue, green)
- included 7 colors of Excel rims (black, silver, gold, orange, red, blue, green)
- included normal and specular maps
- don't touch or remove the sprocket and discs area, it's needed from version 1.1
- name them wheel.tga and you're good to go

- they feature 'adaptive' dirt layers based on the gfx.cfg of each track (please track makers add that file to your folders so we don't have the stock Nutella colored dirt)
- there's no wear or blur effect, they would make the folder size 3 times bigger and won't be noticeable since they get covered in dirt before wearing out
- disc rotors and the sprocket are not modeled, they would have been more polygon heavy then the tires so i went for simple planes, they look as good (if not better) at almost any distance but with way less geometry!

if you want to support me and see more, please consider a small donation by clicking the Paypal button here..you don't have to, but i would really appreciate and you will have my eternal gratitude!

Docfumi

Nice work as always mate  :D , Okay I got all I need to know, I just wish the game supported multiple wheels.
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

StoneRider

BandoRider

Robbiemx7

thanks Gio ... like each of your works, a true work of art !!! THANKS!!!

fridgedollar

jtrs_61

- name them wheel.tga and you're good to go

Ive always been confused at how to get the different color rims in game... export whichever layer color you want for each individaul bike and pop that wheel.tga into where??? the indiidual model's folder?

fridgedollar

Quote from: jtrs_61 on November 13, 2020, 03:11:14 PM- name them wheel.tga and you're good to go

Ive always been confused at how to get the different color rims in game... export whichever layer color you want for each individaul bike and pop that wheel.tga into where??? the indiidual model's folder?
you have to pack them with your bike paint in PaintEd

Niko Mouk

Hey ! If you like my work, you can 💰 donate on Paypal, thank you !

CrazyTrain422

These are awesome Gio! Thank you! Is it possible to have both of your tire mods installed at the same time or would that cause issues?
Live Fast - Die Last

giopanda

Quote from: CrazyTrain422 on November 23, 2020, 12:20:59 AMIs it possible to have both of your tire mods installed at the same time or would that cause issues?

Hey thank you!
No it's not possible, you can only have one tire mod installed

suzuki98

November 24, 2020, 11:47:27 PM #12 Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 04:07:47 PM by suzuki98
I must be doing something wrong I named it wheel.tga and packed it. I put it in the tyres folder but nothing in game. Am I doing something wrong?
Nevermind I figured it out