• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 05:31:02 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Questions

Started by PiBoSo, January 22, 2014, 11:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

Quote from: JohnnyMac on May 16, 2014, 08:42:58 PM
Quote from: PiBoSo on January 30, 2014, 03:26:42 PM
Quote from: Mikey on January 30, 2014, 03:21:12 PM
How many rider stability settings will we be able to control?

???

And will we be only able to play in 1st person or will there be a 3rd person camera?

There are 3 cameras: 2 onboard and 1 external.

QUESTION REGARDING EXTERNAL CAMERA:
I am into radio control dirt bikes. I have the ability, with a usb device, to use my 3 channel radio to be used as a basic xy game controller (steering, throttle, brake). My question is regarding the modding of the camera. In mxsim, just for testing I can mess around and run the bike in 3rd person with my radio, but the camera is 3rd person and not realistic to radio control. Would your external camera be able to be placed at a position and pitch/yaw to track the bikes movement like a stationary replay camera?

This is not possible at the moment.
Maybe something could be done, though.

JohnnyMac

Ruubs

Quote from: geofanatec on May 20, 2014, 05:07:16 AM
Another question.............(since your not answering any, lol :D)

I am doing a new TrackEd file and the absolute positions don't work anymore? Do we need to draw the centerline through pits and start lines now? And then use the actual long/lat coordinates instead of absolute?

Before the latest track tools the absolute worked fine

For the absolute settings, are you sure you selected Mx Bikes? You can choose KRP, GPB, WRS and MXB. Some games don't support settings which the other does.

Ruubs

Quote from: geofanatec on May 20, 2014, 01:25:45 PM
Yes........I have tutorial videos showing how it worked before track tools was updated. Now I can't get it to go.
Erm, sorry I guess? I only tried to help.

I know you have tutorial videos, but you're 'probably' a human being, and humans are able to forget certain things.

Ruubs

Quote from: geofanatec on May 20, 2014, 06:48:58 PM
Quote from: Sandbiter on May 20, 2014, 06:29:23 PM
Quote from: geofanatec on May 20, 2014, 01:25:45 PM
Yes........I have tutorial videos showing how it worked before track tools was updated. Now I can't get it to go.
Erm, sorry I guess? I only tried to help.

I know you have tutorial videos, but you're 'probably' a human being, and humans are able to forget certain things.

Lol....think u misunderstood what I meant. Didn't mean it that way.

Just saying the new version of tracked doesn't work, and only devs can fix it. As far as I can tell.

Was just saying I have those videos which showed it working in old version and now.......it doesn't work.
Sorry, it looked kinda cocky to me with the 1 mile long dots hahah.
Lets hope they fix that soon!

2tfanatic

May 23, 2014, 07:35:12 PM #590 Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 07:39:19 PM by Rhyveeo
Hey man please release a very very early access to the demo atleast, in the pre-alpha 2 video everything seems playable.

EDIT: Are the controls going to be like in MXS? I hope the controls wont be that hard like in MXS where you fall on the ground every 10 seconds. Please make it playable for beginners.

Ruubs

Quote from: Rhyveeo on May 23, 2014, 07:35:12 PM
Hey man please release a very very early access to the demo atleast, in the pre-alpha 2 video everything seems playable.

EDIT: Are the controls going to be like in MXS? I hope the controls wont be that hard like in MXS where you fall on the ground every 10 seconds. Please make it playable for beginners.

This has all been talked about on the forums already. The game won't be as hard as MXS, it neither would be like the MvA series. You can check out GP-Bikes (also a game of Piboso) and see how that game works, it explains a lot!

onlyonetone

Quote from: Rhyveeo on May 23, 2014, 07:35:12 PM

there's also quite a bit of assists that help. As far as sliding out or over there is no assists. Just strictly physics driven.

GDUBMX

June 10, 2014, 04:01:26 PM #593 Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 06:02:04 PM by gdubmx
Hey piboso, hope everything's going well? So nordic/rainbow are at e3 today and plan to unveil gameplay footage of their latest title Supercross. Can you perhaps give us an update on things your end as its been a while since we've heard anything good.I understand if your busy n all but hey it was worth a try. Either way keep plowing away as we have full faith! Cheers
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Omar

Quote from: gdubmx on June 10, 2014, 04:01:26 PM
Hey piboso, hope everything's going well? So nordic/rainbow are at e3 today and plan to unveil gameplay footage of their latest title Supercross. Can you perhaps give us an update on things your end as its been a while since we've heard anything good.I understand if your busy n all but hey it was worth a try. Either keep plowing away as we have full faith! Cheers
THANK YOU I JUST REMEMBERED.

iLoveFatAsians

Hey PiBoSo, someone mentioned that there would be assists. Would we be able to turn these off for a more competitive and realistic experience? I'm trying to get a feel for the level of realism and difficulty you are going for. I'm sure it wont be as hard as MX Sim, because MX sim is hard only for the sake of being hard. If this has been answered don't worry about it then. :P

Ruubs

Quote from: iLoveFatAsians on June 10, 2014, 09:28:57 PM
Hey PiBoSo, someone mentioned that there would be assists. Would we be able to turn these off for a more competitive and realistic experience? I'm trying to get a feel for the level of realism and difficulty you are going for. I'm sure it wont be as hard as MX Sim, because MX sim is hard only for the sake of being hard. If this has been answered don't worry about it then. :P
You should check out the free demo of GP-bikes, that'll explain a lot for you.

Scuzzy285

hey I was wondering how will the whips be featured will it me lie mx sim or mx vs atv as in its not a scripted whip so its a free whip like fully controllable in air sorry for the ramble I didn't know how to put it
Aerial Racing Team

Ruubs

Quote from: yz250frider285 on June 18, 2014, 10:05:46 AM
hey I was wondering how will the whips be featured will it me lie mx sim or mx vs atv as in its not a scripted whip so its a free whip like fully controllable in air sorry for the ramble I didn't know how to put it
That has all been answered already. It's more like Mx Simulator.

Scuzzy285

thank you and I checked everywhere and couldn't find it so I posted the question thank you cant wait to see some whip footage of the game well more of it I should say
Aerial Racing Team