• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:49:08 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

TFCMods.com

Started by 𝖙𝖋𝖈, November 07, 2020, 02:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

𝖙𝖋𝖈

November 07, 2020, 02:23:27 PM Last Edit: August 21, 2021, 09:19:16 PM by 𝖙𝖋𝖈
Hi all,

Head over to www.tfcmods.com for all the information on my upcoming 2020 AMA DLC.

You can also check out the Progress Tracker for more spcific info on how far along tracks are. I will attempt to break this down at some point into what is complete and what needs doing.

Please share the site, sub to my YouTube & Sub to the site for news if you want to keep up with the latest.

pacopastor34

Really excited to see what's coming, mate. All my support and gratitude.

iNsane

awesome man! can't wait to follow all your progress you make :)

🌐 MX Bikes custom content
MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

fridgedollar

sweet tfc, bookmarked  :)

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Hey all

I'm doing my best to hit 1000 subs on YouTube so I can unlock community posting. I'd like to be able to schedule videos with a description and give YouTube followers more involvement without sitting down for a couple of hours to make a video (time I could spend working on tracks). Instead I can make proper videos and will in turn upload more varied stuff from the creation process over time.

Can you all do me a huge favour and

Also first post updated with vids.

Thanks everyone!

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Updated with asset video

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Updated with track preview video

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Updated first post with WW Ranch video

Sv3n

Track looks awesome! Can't wait to play this!  :P
Question: How much u stay true the original track and/or how much u add stuff that fits better for the game.
Ingame "Sv3n"

𝖙𝖋𝖈

February 01, 2021, 06:30:35 PM #9 Last Edit: February 01, 2021, 06:32:14 PM by 𝖙𝖋𝖈
Quote from: Sv3n on February 01, 2021, 04:57:07 PMTrack looks awesome! Can't wait to play this!  :P
Question: How much u stay true the original track and/or how much u add stuff that fits better for the game.

Thanks mate. That's a great question..

I've typically made 1:1 tracks in the past (Red Bud / Unadilla / High Point). People love the first two but I don't feel High Point got much love. I actually think this is mostly because the track has some narrow sections, and some people complained that the jumps were 'squeezed in to fit because 1:1 doesn't work' which just shows how ignorant they are of how scale works in general - still, I get their frustration.

It's also true that people don't like how you have to ease off for some jumps, yet anyone who rides in real life and even those who don't and just watch know that you can't ride any track wide open. This means that because everything is as 1:1 as I can make it you will overshoot stuff if you pin it everywhere on a 450 for example.

My compromise is that I will slightly over scale these tracks if they need it to try and please everyone. I believe from experience that I can probably scale them up to the point where people won't complain how narrow and small they are and at the same time people who want 1:1 will essentially still have it as it will be barely noticeable. At least thats the plan, and note I said 'if they need it'. So far I have heightmaps for 9 out of the 12 scheduled rounds and will only need to slightly modify 2 of them for very small scale tweaks.

Sorry if that was a ramble. Short answer is I'm going for 100% accuracy with a slight sacrifice for playability if needed. These will not be like the MXvsATV All Out pack where sections and jumps are entirely different to suit physics (although they did a great job on those tracks) these will be replicas.

If you want to know how close they are to the real tracks, check out some of the track walk videos I've posted and compare them to GoPro's from the 2020 season 👍

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Updated first post with new WW ranch track editing video

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Updated with final WW Ranch video

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Updated first post with Washougal

machew38

Any Update On these haven't seen anything in a while?

Sai