• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:06:33 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Questions

Started by PiBoSo, January 22, 2014, 11:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard de Kuijper

when do you release it bro, give me some more information... :D en just post 1 or more "good whip fotos" is that a big question??

Ruubs

Quote from: Richard de Kuijper on June 24, 2014, 04:39:31 PM
when do you release it bro, give me some more information... :D en just post 1 or more "good whip fotos" is that a big question??

I'm not trying to be a dick now, since most of you guys on skype think I am most of the time...
When it's done it's going to be released, they have no idea when it is at the moment, and they don't want to speculate any dates, because you know how that went in the past.
I'd rather see them working on the game that trying to do a good whip and make pictures from it tbh. A picture would be nice, but a release would be even better.

For the guys that want a discussion (not directed to Richard). I know making a picture doesn't take up a hell lot of time, but imagine they have to jump 20 times to make a good enough whip for a picture, then they need to get a good angle, and take the picture and then post it on the forums. With guys asking for new pictures on every page it'll soon be a whole week of actually taking pictures of you calculate it all, and I'd rather see a release one week earlier than having some pictures.

inTights

It really doesn't take much time. Making a screenshot takes a fraction of a second and uploading it, is like 30sec. 7 pics would be ~2 minutes. Thats hardly taking a week off of the development. Its something you do before a get a coffee or stretch out.

Creating a hype or high expectations from a screenshot, which is very dangerous as it doesn't give any information about the handling, would be a legitimate reason to not post anything, but that it takes time to make a screenshot, is not.

Ruubs

Making the screenshot can be fast, if you can find the right angle/light. But you also need to get a good looking whip, and Piboso said that whipping is kinda hard in MXB, so what if he has to jump 20 times to get a decent whip?

inTights

June 25, 2014, 03:41:34 PM #604 Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 03:43:49 PM by inTights
given that he can reset the bike before the jump? ~200 seconds?

However, doing it in-game is kinda pointless anyway as it doesn't have any information on the handling and how the whip developed. You could "fake" such things easily in mx vs atv too, but that doesnt means its good, you know. To just show the animation and possible rider positions for various styles, it could be grabbed plainly from the animation program, which btw, would be a sweet BTS snippet.

acr21

I really doubt there is a whip animation. I'm guessing you control the rider/bike lean and the physics determine the style of the whip.

Ruubs

Quote from: acr21 on June 25, 2014, 05:11:07 PM
I really doubt there is a whip animation. I'm guessing you control the rider/bike lean and the physics determine the style of the whip.
^That. It would definitly take 20 seconds to take a picture and upload it if theres an animation.

Madcowie

1 whole page on whips! I will be just happy if its good progress when its released. Dont expect miracles in the first release but do expect updates in the future until its as near as perfect! I dont envy his task trying to please you lot! So many people will have so many opinions and at best you just have to go with the majority for room for improvements.

When it is released make sure you can do 5 clean laps before you have an opinion. If I had said my opinion on MX simulator in the first week it wouldn't of been too high. But with practice it becomes enjoyable. Remember this is a sim and therefore its not going to be easy.

Also the community will make this game grow by delivering great tracks and bikes.

I think we might need a good oval with a couple of jumps to practice to start with.

Support this mans fantastic skills and appreicate what he is bringing to us as no games company will be creating an MX sim in the near future. (Milestones effort doesnt count, if riding a bike was that easy I would be world champion)

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Quote from: Madcowie on June 25, 2014, 06:20:27 PM
if riding a bike was that easy I would be world champion)

I still wouldn't lol. Man that game sucks. Makes reflex look amazing lol

Madcowie

Quote from: TheFatController on June 25, 2014, 06:30:14 PM
Quote from: Madcowie on June 25, 2014, 06:20:27 PM
if riding a bike was that easy I would be world champion)

I still wouldn't lol. Man that game sucks. Makes reflex look amazing lol

I think it actually looks really nice but the physics as so much for the consoles. For arguments sake can you imagine if it handled similar to MX simulator. My god the public would go nuts in a bad way. RBR is still considered one of the best simulators of all time and especially when it comes to rallying. But that game didn't sell well because it was too realistic. Its hard to please everyone. Yeah I am a simulator type of guy but I do still enjoy playing arcade racing games. You respect it for what its ment to be. Having said that Milestones is too easy and therefore it borders on boring!

Madcowie

If Milestones game is bad, just think how crap this one is! My god these physics are terrible. You can land at 90 degrees and not fall off! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3qg_vhgflI

PiBoSo

Quote from: Madcowie on June 25, 2014, 09:46:56 PM
If Milestones game is bad, just think how crap this one is! My god these physics are terrible. You can land at 90 degrees and not fall off! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3qg_vhgflI

Wasn't the new MX vs ATV supposed to be developed by Nordic Games?  ???

GDUBMX

yeh, he's saying that you think MXGP by Milestone is bad, MvA Supercross is even worse. It may be "crap" but its still two wheels,nobbly tires and dirt. Just ties us over until MXB is released eh Piboso "wink wink"
Btw MvA Supercross is released septemeber 9th. And the PC version still hasnt got a release date. Is it possible we could be playing MXB before september??
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Madcowie

Yeah Nordic bought the title and by the looks of it and destroyed it. Having said that I will probably still play it as its abit of sit down relaxing fun on the couch rather than in the office on the PC.

PiBoSo

June 26, 2014, 06:50:55 PM #614 Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 06:54:53 PM by PiBoSo
Quote from: Madcowie on June 26, 2014, 06:43:05 PM
Yeah Nordic bought the title and by the looks of it and destroyed it. Having said that I will probably still play it as its abit of sit down relaxing fun on the couch rather than in the office on the PC.

Then who is Big Bang Entertainment?
The developers look more american than austrian  :-\