• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:47:13 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MX Simulator Replacement?

Started by MotardMatt, February 01, 2014, 07:24:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evans711

Quote from: 1Twelve on February 02, 2014, 01:26:20 AM
What makes me even happier for it, is I know a lot of us sim players on gonna make a lot of sick stuff for mxb. I hope there is a RaceFactoryGaming for mxb, that would be absolutely amazing.
Yeah no, race factory has caused so much controversy in sim.

Midbeck

Quote from: Evans711 on February 02, 2014, 02:21:26 AM
What makes me even happier for it, is I know a lot of us sim players on gonna make a lot of sick stuff for mxb. I hope there is a RaceFactoryGaming for mxb, that would be absolutely amazing.

How can you not hope for something like rf for MXB?
They have pushed MXS to the limits
#DirtyEuro

Evans711

Quote from: Midbeck on February 02, 2014, 02:41:19 AM

They created a MXS high archery. its gotten better now but it was kinda messing stuff up for a while. I for one think MXS was a lot more fun when it wasn't so serious, Like phats monday night races etc.

WellsMX524

I wonder if we'll be able to import blend files.

ktmrdr11

We will be able to Mod the game, which most of you dont know what that means 100% because sim was your first game with a system like that, To where as sim has limits to the stuff you can add because of wheel base and other stuff, modding is basically a much better way of doing so, if you want to see stuff go check out the way people modded mva for computer.

kmracing99

It's great to see another MX game come out for PC. Gives jlv a bit of competition  ;)

DD

Quote from: Evans711 on February 02, 2014, 02:57:19 AM
Quote from: Midbeck on February 02, 2014, 02:41:19 AM

They created a MXS high archery. its gotten better now but it was kinda messing stuff up for a while. I for one think MXS was a lot more fun when it wasn't so serious, Like phats monday night races etc.

rF does not = MX Simulator and MX Simulator does not = rF.

JRob

Just saw the Pre-alpha video and it looks better than MX Sim already!

Jeremy

I hope this game will push JLV into improving his game so we can have two badass games to play. Thats all I am hoping for.

Ruubs

We're still not sure, but we (EMF) might host events for this game if that's posible.

GDUBMX

Quote from: Sandbiter on February 02, 2014, 12:02:33 PM
We're still not sure, but we (EMF) might host events for this game if that's posible.
thats awesome, being a british dude this works better for me.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Aernouts

Quote from: Motoboss on February 01, 2014, 10:09:09 PM
We wont know till we play it ourselves i guess..What will make it or brake it for me is if its user friendly and by that I mean not hard to control .. I dont mind it being a little difficult but at least make sense of why the bike is doing what its doing ..Ive played MXS since it started and still have know idea why the bike does some things that it does ... If its not fun I wont play it and will move on to something else like im doing now.. I have been waiting for a long time for this..

+1 for this.
Exactly my thoughts, playing a simulator does not mean you need to practise for 4 months.... ??? till you are able to play the game and having *fun*. (MX simulator ??)
Not my cup of tea.

I have been modding most bike games..... Mainly physics and i was surprised how much *realsim, fun* i most of the times could get out of these games.
A very good example is MotoGP 13... out of the box its pretty arcadisch after editing it is one of the best bike games in terms of realism and fun i have on my computer.

This does not mean that game turned into a *Simulator*
But  a bike game should be playable after some sort of practise.... not 3/4 months... then its me out and start doing something else.
+ i am not a youngster anymore i simply dont have the time to practise that much  ::)

Midbeck

I don't mind if it takes 3-4 months for you to learn the game. All I hope for is that the random slideouts, fall offs etc that plague the mxs physics is not a problem in MXB.
If the learning curve is anything like GP-Bikes I'll be more then happy, you learn how the bike handles, throttle control, how to enter and exit a corner. Wich means that if you put in the time and play a lot you will be quicker and more consistent than the guys who maybe only plays for a couple of hours a week, this is something that's necessary for the game to keep evolving and having a big and active community.

I guess what im trying to say is that reward the guys that put in the time without hurting those that don't. You should be able to pick the game up and within a couple of hours be able to play it and ride around but not be anywhere near the guys that put in the time.
#DirtyEuro

Motoboss

If its like you describe ..like I said before I wont be hanging around long.. In real life you can learn how to ride a bike in about a half hour ..So why would a game need to be any different..The only thing that would need to be practiced is going fast... Just like real life
Appreciate my hard work? Buy me a beer or at least take the time to like my Facebook page...Hit the button below
https://www.paypal.me/Motoboss
Check out my Facebook Page

MX181

Quote from: Motoboss on February 02, 2014, 05:16:16 PMIn real life you can learn how to ride a bike in about a half hour ..So why would a game need to be any different
The best argument point i've ever seen in relation to a mx game

Live by the YOLO - UID #2