• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:37:45 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Modeling/Skinning/Gaming help

Started by Ruubs, May 13, 2014, 06:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruubs

May 13, 2014, 06:18:16 PM Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 06:46:14 PM by Sandbiter
I thought this would be an usefull topic since I'm sure a lot of people in the community are modeling/skinning/gaming.

In this topic you can ask any quetions related to making models, skins and games. I'll start it off.
So some of you might know I've been working in Unity sometime already, and I have some small problems with it. I guess this problem is quite easy, but still anoying. It has nothing to do with coding as far as I know, since I didn't add a single code, it's all just planes with a diffuse and normal map applied on them.

The outside planes have weird little stripes all over them (horizontal). The ones I used for the middle and the corners haven't gotten those stripes, and the problem accures if I put the diffuse map on the material I'm using. I've tried changing some settings in the render and quality settings in Unity, but I don't want to mess around with it too much because I'm scared to f*ck things up. I've also resaved and remade the defuse a couple of times, but I can't seem to fix the problem.

---

Got it. I accidently set the tiling to 21 instead of 1 after I tested it on 2 on the x-axis.

Ruubs

Could anyone help me out with a script?

I'm following a tutorial for this script since I couldn't find it out myself, but neither does the tutorial help me. On the bottom of this post you can find the script from the tutorial, and the link to the video.

I'm trying to make an object appear after I walked into a trigger, but when I have the exact same script and settings as the video tutorial, the object already appears right when I hit play. As you can see in the script, it tells it that 'SetActive' is false but it still appears in my scene. It has something to do with the part when I set 'SetActive' on true because when I delete that line the object doesn't appear right of the start.

var face : GameObject;

var hasplayed = false;
var entertrigger = false;

var screamingsound : AudioClip;

function Start () {

entertrigger = false;
face.renderer.enabled = false;

}

function OnTriggerEnter (other : Collider) {

entertrigger = true;
}

function Update () {