• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 11:44:29 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

AK Farms MX 2013

Started by AZDesertRat, May 18, 2021, 06:49:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZDesertRat

Here's my 1st track release for MX Bikes. AK Farms was a popular local cross track in New York state that closed down circa 2015.  This rendition was created from 2013 lidar data with several sections reimagined for MX Bikes. There are 40 gates (2 rows of 20/ea), which should make for some chaotic fun. All feedback is welcome and will be utilized if an update is needed.  Hope you enjoy!

Dropbox Download

Mega Download

Shout out to Heatwave, SmokinJo & nike23 for play testing and lot's of constructive criticism during the build process ;) . Also want to give credit to Ruubs & Resolute Kraken for quickly responding to my noob questions on Discord. Lastly, thanks to PiBoSo & Snappe for continual development of such a great game.

fridgedollar

looks fun, nice! excited to try it later :)

Absolution

2 laps in and I already know I'm going to have some fun with this track. Cant wait to get some races going on it. Great job dude. Hope to see some more. Frozen ocean would be sick. Another New York track.

AZDesertRat

Thanks!   

BTW - Forgot to give big thanks to Niko and TFC for their invaluable tutorials and Resolute Kraken for his Track Builder Helper tool.  Never would have made it to the end without these resources.

GDUBMX

very good track mate, really enjoying it! great work
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

AZDesertRat

Thanks man, appreciate it. 

BTW - Great to see ya' doing Fast Fridays again, always entertaining banter.  Look forward to watching the live streams while waiting for the work day to tick down on this side of the pond ;D.

NoKnownThrone

This track is pretty dang great! I really have nothing negative to say at all, and I think it's more technical that appears! I have a couple thoughts and I want to see what the community is experiencing, because I believe the answer is probably: I need to practice more.

Looks beautiful, and I love the multiple line options. Also, I REALLY love the corners with multiple ruts / berms!

My one gripe: I feel like I can't time some of the sections right. I will find myself either a bit too slow and tag my back wheel, or rushing the corner too hot. There are three specific sections where I can't seem to nail the timing consistently.

There is an outside right turn that hits a lip where you can triple. Both lines seem to do this.
1) If I triple the outside line, I case it just barely clipping the rear wheel if too slow, or can't hit the inside corner if too fast.

2) If I hit the inside line from the right corner, I seem to be more successful, but feels like a "slow down" corner, or back tire slaps the top of the last taller whoop again. (I think this is me just trying to go fast, and I need to learn this line better)

3) The back long rhythm section. Left side feels like one of the lips is incredibly steep and shoots you pretty gnarly if you hit it slightly off.

Again, I haven't put more than 20 laps here, but I would LOVE to see if anyone else is running across some of these while learning this track as well. I really do feel like this track is much harder than it looks, and I think the answer is I just need more practice.

Also, as an extra credit (LOL), what is everyone doing for the short pure whoop section? Seems a very controlled triple / triple / triple might be best?

GDUBMX

Quote from: AZDesertRat on May 19, 2021, 12:43:41 AMThanks man, appreciate it. 

BTW - Great to see ya' doing Fast Fridays again, always entertaining banter.  Look forward to watching the live streams while waiting for the work day to tick down on this side of the pond ;D.

No problem mate and thank you for the support. Fast Fridays is just a good time to shoot the shit with my buddies and have a laugh, glad people find pleasure in watching it haha.. should add me on steam bud, we can spin some laps some time : gdubmx
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

AZDesertRat

Cool, cool.  Been doing the same with a group of buds for the past 20 years literally.  Wife and kids know when it's Friday night stay away from dad's office, LOL.  Steam request sent.

AZDesertRat

Glad you like the track and it's presenting some challenges.  I replied to each question in blue text with my suggestions.  I'm sure better riders than me will find some different lines.

Quote from: NoKnownThrone on May 20, 2021, 01:55:09 AMMy one gripe: I feel like I can't time some of the sections right. I will find myself either a bit too slow and tag my back wheel, or rushing the corner too hot. There are three specific sections where I can't seem to nail the timing consistently.

There is an outside right turn that hits a lip where you can triple. Both lines seem to do this.
1) If I triple the outside line, I case it just barely clipping the rear wheel if too slow, or can't hit the inside corner if too fast.
This is meant to be the quickest line if you go for the triple.  You can clear it and brake in time to catch the inside berm but there is risk.  The outside line is also the safest if you throttle back and go double/single.

2) If I hit the inside line from the right corner, I seem to be more successful, but feels like a "slow down" corner, or back tire slaps the top of the last taller whoop again. (I think this is me just trying to go fast, and I need to learn this line better)
Inside line you have to back off the throttle and square up the bike upon entry over the mini jump whoops.  Less is more here, skimming the top of middle jumps is pretty quick and controlled.  You can also cut across to the left if a rider isn't in the outside line.

3) The back long rhythm section. Left side feels like one of the lips is incredibly steep and shoots you pretty gnarly if you hit it slightly off.
There are a couple things I now feel would be better for this section.  First would be to shorten or just remove the ledge jump on left side.  It can be frustrating to catch your back wheel on it no doubt.  Other thing is to generally widen the entire middle section.  In a race you do feel pinched in due to the split line stuff (IRL it does feel tight because of how close the tree line is to the right side of the track).

Again, I haven't put more than 20 laps here, but I would LOVE to see if anyone else is running across some of these while learning this track as well. I really do feel like this track is much harder than it looks, and I think the answer is I just need more practice.

Also, as an extra credit (LOL), what is everyone doing for the short pure whoop section? Seems a very controlled triple / triple / triple might be best?

NoKnownThrone

Quote from: AZDesertRat on May 21, 2021, 04:34:05 PMGlad you like the track and it's presenting some challenges.  I replied to each question in blue text with my suggestions.  I'm sure better riders than me will find some different lines.

Thank you so much for responding! I have to say, the more time I put in, the more it comes together, just like with any track. I feel like this one is a slick one, with tricks up the sleeve you wouldn't think were there!

I figured I was trying one of the hard lines and getting frustrated at not landing it consistently. The answer is now very clear = need more practice! This track is excellent, and very happy to be able to ride it! Can't wait to put in some more laps and get better. Excited to see anything you release! <3